frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Kona Drinking Game

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    McNamee looks like Macca with the spongeboobs and running like the T-1000
    ellsworth53tJennifer PostKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    What happened to Brent McMahon? I thought, given the conditions today, he would be a factor.
    Martin
  • Options
    Secondly, I hate to say it, but I was expecting a poor performance from Sanders. Dude's too much in his own head.
    Martin
  • Options
    edited October 2018
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Well, that was sweet.
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    @M_Ware were you referring to the proposal or Lange's kiss with his domestique Dreitz?
    M_Wareellsworth53tCraig_DMartinAaron WebsteyTad_MPevashishDaulpete
  • Options
    Bring it home, Sarah!!!
    MattMartinAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Waiting for Daniela to propose
    MattM_WareMartinJennifer PostAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
  • Options
    I may switch from Monster to Red Bull. I need those kind of wiiings.
    MartinAaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    @abussey1 passed out drunk? I don't think he made it to T1 today.
    M_WareMartinAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Think Frodo is glad he sat this one out? I know he's formidable, but that run by Lange...
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_D
  • Options

@abussey1 passed out drunk? I don't think he made it to T1 today.

Bacon coma.
    MartinAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MCraig_D
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    Martin said:

Think Frodo is glad he sat this one out? I know he's formidable, but that run by Lange...

I don't think so. Frodeno would have out-swam and out-biked lange. Lange "only" ran a 2:41. I think Frodeno still wins.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

I really Really hope True doesn’t come in 4th. Still a bit haunted by her interviews after London when she said after a while she wished she’d finished further back so she skipped so many “what if” thoughts.

I didn't catch those interviews, but I hope she finishes well. I've been a big fan of her after watching that London performance. I doubt 4th today would haunt her the same way. There's no one else that I want to win Kona more (one day) than her.
    Drat. I agree it won't haunt her like London. She can race Kona next year which is much better than a 4-year Olympic cycle. True gave interviews in the lead up to Rio about London. How her goal for London was top 10 and she surprised herself that she was so close until the end but came in 4th.

I remember one interview in particular when she said she often wished she had just made her original goal of top 10 and not have been so close to the podium. Just made me so sad to think she had this amazing performance and ended up kind of regretting it.

Obviously, I am a big fan of True. I admire her now more than ever for her honesty about dealing with clinical depression and suicidal thoughts. That's so hard for anyone to admit, let alone an athlete in the spotlight.
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareGranpa Chook
  • Options
    I couldn’t watch and had to keep checking in. How long did Dreitz pull Lange along on the bike?

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    edited October 2018

I couldn’t watch and had to keep checking in. How long did Dreitz pull Lange along on the bike?

Around 104 miles according to ST.

There looked to be one blatant pull, and he rode on the front for a long time to get to the group. If Dreitz didn't happen to be in the same team, no one would even mention this. It was typical pro triathlete behaviour. Suck wheel if you are a good runner.
    Aaron WebsteyRobert RankinJennifer Post
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Woke up in the UK today. Cracked a beer at 7am and watched a bit of AGers. Was there anyone from the forum that raced? Either way. Are we talking about Lange doping or is it too soon? Seems like if he got caught that could ruin his marriage. Also all this complaining from pro triathletes makes me think he stole that ring.

As I'm writing this I cant even say I saw anything about the female winner. I dont even know who won. Is this a me problem or a bigger problem overall?
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    Martin said:

There looked to be one blatant pull, and he rode on the front for a long time to get to the group. If Dreitz didn't happen to be in the same team, no one would even mention this. It was typical pro triathlete behaviour. Suck wheel if you are a good runner.
    So, you mean to tell me ST overreacted? Get out!
    MattMartinCraig_DAaron Webstey

• Options

Martin said:

I watched the whole thing. Lange and Drietz was far more blatant than anything I have ever seen before.

Then Lange gave Dreitz a big kiss after the race and gave an interview stating his race time would have been “impossible” without Dreitz.

• Options
    Also, “ST” was not alone in calling this out. Frodeno brutally called them out for this as his first and last comments on his live commentary during the stream.

Granpa Chook
  • Options
    Other than them wearing the same kit, how is it different than how TO was verbally organizing a train starting the bike? Dreitz didn’t bury himself for Lange, he still had a decent run. If they wore different kits, would the perception be the same? I did find it BS that, in the short time I watched, Lange got what looked to be two drafting warnings. Pros shouldn’t get warned.
    MartinJennifer PostGranpa ChookTad_MAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoJames Lange

• Options

Other than them wearing the same kit, how is it different than how TO was verbally organizing a train starting the bike? Dreitz didn’t bury himself for Lange, he still had a decent run. If they wore different kits, would the perception be the same? I did find it BS that, in the short time I watched, Lange got what looked to be two drafting warnings. Pros shouldn’t get warned.

Nailed it.
  • Options

Martin said:

I would also like to state on behalf of Monty, who is not on our board, that the records are BS because it's not the same course that he raced on.
    Jennifer PostMattCraig_DAaron WebsteyRobert RankinKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options

TO didn’t instruct only one athlete to have his nose in the wind literally the entire course

KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Martin said:

I would also like to state on behalf of Monty, who is not on our board, that the records are BS because it's not the same course that he raced on.

and yet: http://triroost.com/profile/Monty77

MartinJennifer PostKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Is there a list of pro drafting penalties somewhere? Saw L. McKenzie said he got one and had written a long rant but then deleted it. Why mention you wrote a rant but deleted it? Whatever dude. Anyway, my interest is now piqued. ;)
    MartinCraig_D
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
    edited October 2018

TO didn’t instruct only one athlete to have his nose in the wind literally the entire course

No he didn't instruct one, there was a group of 5-6 at the time I saw it. All of the runners don't put their nose out, that's kind of their game plan. I'd be willing to bet Javi was never NOT behind someone. They all know eachother. If Dreitz were paid by other sponsors but the same outcome happened, would there still be the whining about teamwork? As long as there's no drafting, I don't see a difference.

Is there a list of pro drafting penalties somewhere? Saw L. McKenzie said he got one and had written a long rant but then deleted it. Why mention you wrote a rant but deleted it? Whatever dude. Anyway, my interest is now piqued. ;)

I've seen some AG photos allegedly near the turn around at Hawi that are pretty laughable

Jennifer PostCraig_DMartin

• Options
    Granpa ChookGranpa Chook Member
    edited October 2018
    If you can keep your head when all about you,
    are losing theirs and blaming it on their nutrition,
    If you can trust your self when all slowtwitchers doubt you,
    but make allowance for their doubting too...
    Rudyard Kipling 1943 Kona AG World Champion
    MattTad_MCraig_DM_WareMartinAaron Webstey
  • Options
    So, what’s the word on Cameron Watt? Is he known as a dick? Read how Millward describes his interaction with him in his IG post.
    Aaron Webstey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch