frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Fantasy football advice for Dark Mark (and others)

bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
@Dark_mark tried to bastardize my hip-hop thread with advice for his fantasy football team, so I figured I'd start a new thread here.

I'm happy to help any of you with your season-long or daily fantasy football lineups because I love most of you. I'm significantly better at fantasy football than writing about triathlon.
Aaron Websteygregk

Comments

• Options
    I just traded away Odell Beckham for Le'Veon and Mark Ingram (suspended). I'm either going to win that league or come in dead last.

I don't believe you because you suggested Mark start Luck over Fitzmagic against the Steelers weak D. Even Tyrod Taylor was fantasy relevant against them
    bbculpKenElPescadoPelado

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    Typical Canadian response #Murica
    MattCraig_DbbculpAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    @Robert Rankin if you really just traded away OBJ, please don't comment on this thread anymore.
    Craig_DAaron WebsteyMartinRobert Rankin
  • Options
    @bbculp 2 WR league and I'm pretty stacked at WR and my only RB worth mentioning is Saquon Barkely. OBJ obviously was my WR1 but tough to justify 2 Giants when I could get an RB1 and 2 for him. That's me justifying it to myself. It was a gamble from an 0-2 start. If Bell comes back I think it was worth it. If Bell doesn't come back in a couple weeks, I may go 0-16 like my Lions.

• Options
    edited September 2018
    @Robert Rankin Bell isn't going to play until week 10 and Ingram's usage will be way down because Kamara has turned out to be the second coming of Le'Veon. You pretty much gave up one of the top 5 players in fantasy for nothing. Your commissioner should've vetoed that trade to prevent you from doing something crazy.
  • Options
    Ingram had 1100 yards and 12 touchdowns splitting with kamara last year. He’ll be okay. I realize Bell is a huge gamble, which very well might not work out. After 2 games OBJ is barely a top 30 WR. I’m sure he’ll turn it around, but he’s not going to be top 5. The Giants suck and I couldn’t afford rostering OBJ and Barkley from a shitty offense.

• Options
    Ingram was on the juice last year. He'll be lucky to get 400 yards and 4 TDs this year.
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Please tell @Dark_mark he should trade Travis kelce to me
    Mark_after_Dark
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    Ingram just forgot to get a TUE (HA!), it is a contract year though. I'll come back and eat crow if it doesn't work out. To give an idea how bad my RB's are though, I'm starting Corey Clement this weekend and don't have Jay Ajayi. This was my drinking draft I did simultaneously with Mark's draft, which auto-picked a couple times because I forgot I was doing it.

• Options
    @Robert Rankin I'm playing a lot of Clement in DFS today. He's not a bad PPR play.

@Dark_mark do not trade Kelce to @ItsShug. Anyone who trades any piece of KC's offense this year is crazy.
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @Robert Rankin don't fret the OBJ trade. His success relies too much on eli's ability to throw the ball, which depends on the line holding up. Neither of those are looking good.
    Robert Rankin
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Does anyone have Johnny Manziel in their team? Are you allowed to choose Canadian Football League players?
    Aaron WebsteyRobert RankinMattKenElPescadoPeladobbculp
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Martin said:

Does anyone have Johnny Manziel in their team? Are you allowed to choose Canadian Football League players?

Next year, CFL pool.
    Martin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @KHilgendorf my thoughts exactly. That combined with having Barkley as well on that team made it an easier decision.

@bbculp I started him in DFS as well. Just saying I'm grasping at week by week streamers off the waivers to start at RB. Hoping the Steelers announcing they're entertaining offers for Bell this morning helps move him quick. Not all that crazy about the interested teams, but hopefully he'll get on the field for another team.

• Options
    @Robert Rankin I'd love to see Bell get moved to Indy. He'd fit perfectly there especially since Luck can't throw farther than 10 yards right now. I have him stashed on my main season-long team, but I also got Kamara in the second round of that draft, so that tells you the level of competition in that league.

@Dark_mark Luck isn't looking right and Fitzpatrick isn't a long-term solution. You should look to stream a QB each week. I think Mayfield is a good play next week against Oakland if someone hasn't scooped him yet.
    Robert Rankin
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Has anyone checked to see if @bbculp is some kind of advanced AI developed by the Chinese to steal our pop culture
    bbculpKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Mkjrunnin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    You have to start Fitz until he comes back to earth and plays like himself. He should go big again tonight. That or try and sell high and trade him to someone stupid for an RB1.

@bbculp where are you finding a league where Kamara falls to the 2nd? Hope that’s a big money league haha
    bbculp

• Options
    Definitely sell Fitz high. I would've sold him after last week. I can't see him turning in 3 straight big games, especially with some weather in Tampa tonight, but we'll see.

@Robert Rankin It's a 12-man, $1,000 buy-in league. Winner takes $10K. It's a bunch of rich assholes who work with a friend of mine. They needed a 12th man last year so I took all their money. This year I have Kamara (2nd round), Mahomes (8th round) and Kelce (3rd round). It's too easy.
    Robert Rankin
  • Options
    That’s even worse being a 12 man. Easy money there!

I think most of the weather is passing before kickoff. Steelers secondary is all banged up and weren’t great to begin with. Over/under has to be high. 3 TDs wouldn’t surprise me

• Options
    @Robert Rankin I'm calling a Steelers blowout. I went to college with Ben, so I'm a bit of a Steelers fan, even though he's probably a terrible person.
    Robert Rankin
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
    edited September 2018
    Real Fitz showing up. 3 ints also not surprising. Tad surprising in the first half

Edit for the 2nd half: 400+ passing and 3 tds is solid fantasy even with those 3 ints

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    bbculp said:

@Robert Rankin I'm calling a Steelers blowout. I went to college with Ben, so I'm a bit of a Steelers fan, even though he's probably a terrible person.

It's a bad year for rapists. See: Cosby trial.
    bbculp
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    Fitzmagic scored twice as many points as Luck. LUCKily I still won, but @bbculp, you are suspect.
    bbculp
  • Options
    Start streaming QBs. You shouldn't be choosing between Luck and Fitz each week.
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    I am new. Please explain "streaming QB's" to me.
    bbculp
  • Options
    It means picking up a different one off the waiver wire each week based on who has a good matchup coming up. Like Baker Mayfield is in a great spot going against Oakland in his first start and he isn't owned in most leagues.

You can probably go ahead and drop Luck. He's not right. The fact that they pulled him for the final hail mary says a lot about his shoulder. Maybe wait to see if the Colts somehow sign Le'Veon, which will give Luck a boost in TD equity, but his arm isn't there this year.
    Mark_after_DarkAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Agree drop Luck. Maybe stream a QB next week because the Bears D is tough. I'd still have a hard time starting someone other than Fitz until he throws up a dud, which is bound to happen.

• Options
    Bears D will destroy Fitz this week, then Jameis will be starting after the bye. Sadly Fitzmagic is done for this year.
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited September 2018
    OK @bbculp , I'm putting a quarter into this machine....

Standard league, my RB corps is injured, so my flex will have to come from my WR's.
    Suggest a change. I'll do the change and if it nets positive point differential, I owe you a bottle of your sanely priced favourite spirits or case of beer. Hitch is that you have to come to the #Sworry Trials to claim it, and you can't suggest a change you wouldn't be making on your own team in good faith. (you didn't think it would be that simple did you?)

My starters this week,
    Julio Jones, Stefon Diggs, Sammy Watkins

Available bench,
    L. Fitzgerald, R. Cobb, J. Gordon
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch