frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Trs unofficial gravel division.

ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
edited August 2018 in Main
There seems to be more and more people out here riding gravel lately. Luckily it seems like the Midwest is for once, riding this wave of the future. I wanted to start a thread to discuss up coming races, training camps, or events related to all things gravel. The dirty kanza 200 is a major hitter next summer and geniuenly hoping to see everyone come to town for it.

In the mean time I'm looking at races like rush the rails. The land run 100 and maybe hosting a training camp this spring if anyone is interested.

https://rushtherails.com
https://dirtykanza.com
https://landrun100.com

Let's drink beers, eat BBQ, ride bikes, and chill with opossums and raccoons in the greatest backyard the good Lord ever blessed us with.
Demotivational Speaker
Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
Kansas Native
Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
M_WareAaron WebsteyMattCraig_DbbculpKenElPescadoPeladoJohns622Kuch

Comments

• Options
    @mbrekk44 would you post some of the ones you are looking at
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Michigan Coast to Coast Gravel Grinder. June 22, 2019

https://micoasttocoast.com/

and the 2019 #Sworry Trials @ItsShug , last weekend July, or 1st weekend August 2019. TBD.
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareItsShug
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    Gravel Worlds here in Lincoln, NE in August. 75 or 150 mile options.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Northern Illinois has some great gravel riding. I haven't ridden on a road in nearly a year. If any of you are in the Chicago area and want to grind some gravel (at a ridiculously slow pace) holla at your boy.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Or come to our house in east central South Dakota where we have no contour but all the gravel and wind.
    bbculpAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    1 of only 3 states I haven't been to. Feel like I need to visit the other SD.
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Johns622Johns622 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Count me in for lots of gravel and BBQ!
    ItsShug
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    That 50k tho
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    I’m in West Michigan so my schedule is MI-Centric, but I’m looking at the following...

March - Melting Mann (they’ve added a 60 mile route this year)
    April - Barry Roubaix
    May - HellKaat Hundie
    June - Coast 2 Coast (had a blast last year despite being fat and slow... as in 20 hours on my bike slow)
    August - The DaMn (Day across Minnesota)

There are a ton more races around here... Waterloo G&G, Dirty 30, Lowell 50 (spring and fall), Arcadia, The Divide, Uncle John’s Dirty Ride, and the Michigan Mountain Mayhem at the end of September. I’m signed up for the 40 miler there.

It’s a good time to live in the Midwest!
    Tad_MdhrItsShug
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    I’m in Minnesota, tons of gravel rides/races around here! So I’m planning on doing quite a few this next year.
    Land Run 100 Stillwater, OKMarch 16
    Ragnorok 105 Red Wing,MN April 6
    Alamonzo 100 Spring Valley, MN May 18
    DK200 (if I get in) June 1
    Day across MN 240 Mid August
    I’m sure that I will probably do additional smaller events around Minnesota throughout the rest of the year! I’m also planning on a cycling trip or two over the winter, because I don’t quite see myself skiing yet. I’m thinking Arizona and or Texas sometime between December and March for a week.
    M_WareTad_M
  • Options
    SD Badlands ride coming up next month (. . A map of the course and detailed directions will guide you along gravel, mixed-surface and sometimes two-track roads past open fields and ranches, all the while under wide-open skies. The meat of the course winds past spectacular formations on paved roads through Badlands National Park.) check out the 100 mile option here:
    http://wheelintowall.com/100-mile-course/
    Tad_MToefuzz
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    If anyone is looking for a screaming deal on a bike. A guy at work posted this today.

Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    mbrekk44 said:

I’m in Minnesota, tons of gravel rides/races around here! So I’m planning on doing quite a few this next year.
    Land Run 100 Stillwater, OKMarch 16
    Ragnorok 105 Red Wing,MN April 6
    Alamonzo 100 Spring Valley, MN May 18
    DK200 (if I get in) June 1
    Day across MN 240 Mid August
    I’m sure that I will probably do additional smaller events around Minnesota throughout the rest of the year! I’m also planning on a cycling trip or two over the winter, because I don’t quite see myself skiing yet. I’m thinking Arizona and or Texas sometime between December and March for a week.

@mbrekk44 If you decide on a winter week in Texas, you should think about lining it up with Texas Chainring Massacre at the end of January. I'll admit that I'm biased because the RD is a personal friend and I've spent a decent amount of time riding around that area...but it's a great event, and there's whiskey at the end.
    M_WareTad_MItsShugJennifer Postmbrekk44
    Resident Genius.
  • Options
    Typical South Dakota gravel/grass/dirt ride this morning.
    Ride: 20 miles
    Traffic: -0-

idking90Tad_MAaron WebsteyGranpa ChookCraig_D
    Keeper of the Cowbell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch