frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Lionel Sanders is his own worst enemy

Comments

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    JFSM.
    MattMartin
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Wow
    #KOAT
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    He’s not wrong. But I don’t care about any of that.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    One can only take so much
    Aaron WebsteyTad_MGranpa ChookRobert Rankin
  • Options
    Not sure about the appropriateness of taking shots at his wife.

Also, people take risks and try new things that don’t work.

STs for the past many months have been decrying Sanders for having his knees flare out and snaking on his bike and his poor running form. Now they are decrying his focusing on not having his knees flare out and not snaking on his bike and for an attempt to change his run form.

Sanders has good genes. He has a big engine. He makes mistakes. He puts himself “out there” with his significant transparency. This allows people to be big fans and impressed when he succeeds, but also when things don’t work out or he makes mistakes it makes him vulnerable to pseudo-experts such as pubes call him “stupid” when he gets second place.

I like Frodeno and I like Cody Beals. The sport would be (more) boring with all athletes being Frodeno and Cody Beals.

I do not respect Pubes.
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I think the wife comment may not have come across 100% clear, but I may be mistaken. @PubliusValerius you can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure you meant to insult her.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Am I Dan'ing this thread
    MattMartinEmilyCocksTad_MMark_after_DarkGasBombEvilTwinRobert Rankin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Man, imagine the shit he would be taking if he came 3rd in Kona last year instead of 2nd...
  • Options

I think the wife comment may not have come across 100% clear, but I may be mistaken. @PubliusValerius you can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm not sure you meant to insult her.

He did suggest that Sanders should be “embarrassed of his manager/cook/wife,” so that seems pretty clear. He manages to insult her and belittle her efforts in supporting her husband.

I don’t think pubes is shy of insults. After all, he declared his initial title as defining sanders as a “human slurry” and “an utter waste of a person.”

I like joking around as much as the other guy, but I’m not sure I’d put much stock in anything that the self-aggrandizing pubes writes.

It’s a shame, as Pubes so often wastes his talents.

MartinMattMark_after_Dark
  • Options
    Sorry I'm a dick, but the guy is afraid to call David Tilbury Davis his coach -- he was one of his "advisors" per Lionel -- and yet he sings the praises of his manager, cook, coach, wife, who besides being, you know, not exactly the person you'd expect the most talented and fan-beloved athlete in any sport to be fucking at night, hasn't nearly the palmares or experience of the coaches, friends, significant others, who could be agents of maximizing the returns of this most astonishing physiological gift that I would give my left nut and career to have myself.

The way he treated DTD is how I treated my best girl friend in high school who was so persistent at being more that I eventually acquiesced, but I did so essentially in secret because my guy friends would never have let me hear the end of the shit (this was the "dude, how could you?" days). A little piece of her died every time I said the words "good friend", and I imagine DTD felt similarly with respect to his coaching.

Lionel Sanders should be celibate. I'd cut off my scrotum to push 6 W/kg. Triathlon will be by far the most fruitful financial opportunity of his life, if nothing else. It just doesn't make sense to me. That thought was the genesis of the post. I do not give a shit if it was appropriate or not.
  • Options
    What was his reason for stopping working with DTD? You seem obsessed with this aspect, but As far as I was aware, he never said anything bad about him and simply decided to move on. Is that so uncommon in the sport or discourteous?
  • Options

Sorry I'm a dick, but the guy is afraid to call David Tilbury Davis his coach -- he was one of his "advisors" per Lionel -- and yet he sings the praises of his manager, cook, coach, wife, who besides being, you know, not exactly the person you'd expect the most talented and fan-beloved athlete in any sport to be fucking at night...

Thank you for this text, which further convinces the reader that you are a classless shallow fool.

Outside of your supposed insight into the DTD issue, I’m done with your trolling.

Mark_after_DarkM_Ware
  • Options
    When an athlete like Lionel Sanders decides to ignore ERO Sports and Mat Steinmetz and others who actually know what they are talking about and fit himself, that is dumb as dumb gets. Forget slowtwitch -- have you seen some of stan's road show fits?

Sanders has good genes. He has a big engine. He makes mistakes. He puts himself “out there” with his significant transparency. This allows people to be big fans and impressed when he succeeds, but also when things don’t work out or he makes mistakes it makes him vulnerable to pseudo-experts such as pubes call him “stupid” when he gets second place.

I can't. Do you really think this person is not intellectually deficient? By any measure, he is stupid. That is just not debatable.

I like Frodeno and I like Cody Beals. The sport would be (more) boring with all athletes being Frodeno and Cody Beals.

False dichotomy. We need more Macca's, more Starky's, more, hell, AJ Baucco Squads -- we need Iverson's (I'm talkin' bout practice), more shit sportsmen with bad attitudes, more guys like Cam Wurf throwing shade on Twitter. When an instagag crossfit model is the talk of the sport for months, your sport is fucking boring!
    Aaron WebsteyMartinTad_MGranpa ChookRobert Rankin
  • Options

Sorry I'm a dick, but the guy is afraid to call David Tilbury Davis his coach -- he was one of his "advisors" per Lionel -- and yet he sings the praises of his manager, cook, coach, wife, who besides being, you know, not exactly the person you'd expect the most talented and fan-beloved athlete in any sport to be fucking at night...

Thank you for this text, which further convinces the reader that you are a [superficial, immature, and] classless shallow fool.

Outside of your supposed insight into the DTD issue, I’m done with your trolling.

Amended for accuracy.
    Robert Rankin
  • Options

What was his reason for stopping working with DTD? You seem obsessed with this aspect, but As far as I was aware, he never said anything bad about him and simply decided to move on. Is that so uncommon in the sport or discourteous?

The impetus for that focus is that the guy who just had one of the finest Ironman debuts in history, a guy who has far less talent than Sanders, smacked the most talented athlete in the sport under the direction of the same coach Sanders fired and never appropriately credited.

I could talk about how he blamed his nutrition failures on the lack of provision of Gatorade Perform on course, but I'll leave you to it. Never thought TRS forum would express more outrage than ST, but I guess there is a strong Canadian nationalism here that surely trumps reason.

Sworry I'm not sworry. Goodnight.
  • Options
    @PubliusValerius I agree with much of what you say, and see some of @trineuropa 's points. But 2 things:

1. The appearance of Lionel's wife is completely irrelevant. People like who they like. It sounds like they have a mutually beneficial and respectful relationship.
    2. I haven't checked, but I'd guess @trineuropa is not Canadian. Canadian nationalism is not your enemy here. We're just as fucked as anyone else.

Please don't quit this debate. Anyone with a heart and/or any kind of logical mind knows that there are both irrefutable kernels of truth and super douchery in your words.
    Granpa ChookPubliusValeriusRobert Rankin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Sanders met with one of the best fitters (Geoff Farnsworth) and spent time on the track in Milton with Alphamantis (back in 2016). After all their advice, he went back to listening to no one in particular and try to re-validate things himself.
    Granpa Chook
  • Options
    Matt said:

Sanders met with one of the best fitters (Geoff Farnsworth) and spent time on the track in Milton with Alphamantis (back in 2016). After all their advice, he went back to listening to no one in particular and try to re-validate things himself.

You would have to be a few bricks short of a load to not listen to Geoff. I've met quite a few other people that have worked with him and have never met anyone who doesn't support his work. (And when I say support, I mean like the people who handed you the Kool-Aid when the FBI was closing in. It's crazy.) But it's possible that LS kept a few of gems from those sessions, and is trying to find the extra bit himself as his body and power evolve.

I really think LS should just sign on with Sutto and get a Kona win soon. He's not getting any younger, and those younger guys are getting faster every day.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Also, +1000:
    False dichotomy. We need more Macca's, more Starky's, more, hell, AJ Baucco Squads -- we need Iverson's (I'm talkin' bout practice), more shit sportsmen with bad attitudes, more guys like Cam Wurf throwing shade on Twitter. When an instagag crossfit model is the talk of the sport for months, your sport is fucking boring!
    Aaron WebsteyMattmbrekk44Tad_MRobert Rankin
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

Am I Dan'ing this thread

Stan'ing I believe you meant @AaronWebstey , please read your Roost tip guide.

@PubliusValerius , you've hit it all on the head. I dont see how the most enthusiastic LS fans, myself included, can argue with this and not agree that they all wish he would heed the advice of a great coach.
    Anyone disagreeing is preventing what could be a fantastic year over year battle.
    Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    I heard LS just signed Ashley Horner as his new "advisor".
    Tad_MMartinItsShug
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    every time i read a pubes post

Mark_after_DarkAaron WebsteyGasBombMartindoyoueventribroRobert Rankinpete
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    This is awesome. A pubes europa cage match should be sponsored by the Roost. It could be funded by all the revenue gained from Webstey featuring A Horner nudes in a brand new thread (forthcoming).

I just cut off my scrotum, and went from 2 W/kg to 6 W/kg. It works pubes, go for it!!!! YMMV

Go Lionel!!!!!! Get a coach and go, go, go. Or not. Even Mike Tyson lost to Buster Douglas after deciding he didn't need to listen to Cus D'Amato, so I'm with Pubes all the way.
    MattMartinmbrekk44Robert Rankin
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    I've been off this site for a long time, tbh. This thread might have brought me back.
    Martin
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    LS should get a coach right after he busts @PubliusValerius teeth out of his mouth for insulting his wife.

There’s a natural order to these things.
    Aaron WebsteyMartinkjrunninTad_MGasBombRobert Rankin
  • Options
    dhr said:

LS should get a coach right after he busts @PubliusValerius teeth out of his mouth for insulting his wife.

I honestly think the guy is a big Sally. He laughed in St. George when I told him his new bike fit looked like shit and that I’m more aero on a road bike. But it was awkward because I didn’t laugh; I was serious.

Anyways, I don’t think he has that kind of backbone to throw a punch. And if he did, I think I’d beat the fuck out of him due to our (now that he is ano) equivalent size; my superior form in throwing a punch (he would look like his swim strokes in a fistfight); and my much deeper experience.
    MartinRobert Rankin
  • Options
    By the way, generally, I am sorry for bringing the joke that his wife is busted into this public of a forum. Aaron is right that her looks don’t have anything to do with the main point, but my actual friends (not just randos and avatars on a weird internet site) died laughing on that comment because this is the kind of shit we clown on this guy for privately.

Not everyone was born beautiful and not everyone was born smart. I guess I’m an asshole if I point that out.
    Mattmbrekk44MartinRobert Rankin
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member

dhr said:

I honestly think the guy is a big Sally. He laughed in St. George when I told him his new bike fit looked like shit and that I’m more aero on a road bike. But it was awkward because I didn’t laugh; I was serious.

Anyways, I don’t think he has that kind of backbone to throw a punch. And if he did, I think I’d beat the fuck out of him due to our (now that he is ano) equivalent size; my superior form in throwing a punch (he would look like his swim strokes in a fistfight); and my much deeper experience.
    Wasn’t he in the middle of the race when you commented on his bike fit? Aren’t you limiting your most ugly criticism to posts on ST?

I mean, I don’t think you’re making the case that you’re not a big Sally right now.

I now hate you for making it seem like I’m defending LS here.
    idking90Martin
  • Options

dhr said:

Are you saying that a top tier pro didn’t take a comment regarding bike fit from a random age grouper at a race as gospel? How foolish.
    Mattidking90MartinkjrunninTad_MGasBombRobert Rankinpete
  • Options

dhr said:

Are you saying that a top tier pro didn’t take a comment regarding bike fit from a random age grouper at a race as gospel? How foolish.
    @trineuropa - If only @PubliusValerius was the kind of guy that had some data to back up his ramblings...
    MattEmilyCocksRobert Rankin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch