frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Ironman Canada

kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
So... who’s coming?

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I am!!

Won't be making it to IMC this year though
    Tad_MkjrunninMattMartinwchevronJennifer PostCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoHSeeley14
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Sounds like you're having more fun.
    Aaron Webstey

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I am!!

Won't be making it to IMC this year though

You back in the office already?
    wchevronAaron WebsteykjrunninJennifer PostCraig_DMattTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoHSeeley14
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Good luck @kjrunnin & @Stonewall1315 (I think!)!!
    Craig_DAaron Websteykjrunnin
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    We got ‘er done. Hottest day of the year and (rumour has it, I’m too lazy to check), the most gain on any bike course on the current IM roster. Happy with my swim, happy with my bike, the run was a shit show in an inferno. I walked every hill and everything in full sun, except when I came across Rachel McBride spectating and she gave me a high-5. Then I did a Rachel-fartlek until I was out of her sight... gotta redeem myself next time or it will be time to change my social media handle. I beat the hub by 47 minutes so am feeling appropriately smug.

Thanks @Matt for helping me with a last minute bike panic.
    Jennifer PostCraig_DM_WareKenElPescadoPeladoMattTad_MAaron WebsteyMark_after_DarkMartintoebutt769HSeeley14

• Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I had to defer this year because I hurt my achilles in training. Looking at the strava files from the bike is definitely giving me motivation for next year. I found the 2016 Penticton bike challenging that that was 770m over 120km. I'm no mathmologist, but I think 2650m over 180km is going to be harder.
    Craig_DTad_M

• Options
    I haven't done the Penticton 2016 course although I've done lots of riding in that area. I've never gone up Secrest which I think is the toughest climb on that course? I find both old & new Whistler courses to be harder than anything I've ridden in Penticton (old Ironman Canada, Penticton Gran Fondo ).

Did you do the old Whistler IMC course? This one has more climbing but I don't think I'd call it harder, it's just different. There are no long sustained climbs, it's just that you're almost always either climbing or descending, except when you're passing through the village and out to Alpine. There are some steeper sections on this course (12-14%) but they're short.
    Aaron Webstey

• Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    IMC 2019 will be my first IM and I haven't biked in or around Whistler. Biking has always been my weakness. I did get a new (to me) bike in the fall though, so that should help, but the real problem is that I'm mildly obese. I need to drop a lot of weight in the next year if I want to finish any IM, let alone one where I climb 2600m! I was in the best shape of my live in Penticton 2016 and still only managed 30.1 km/hr and I was humbled on every climb. Fucking nailed the run though.
    HSeeley14Aaron WebsteyTad_M

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch