frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Prime Day

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
Is it as disappointing as I've been hearing on Twitter? Probably. You tell me.

Murica:
https://amzn.to/2JA4gBi

Canada:
https://amzn.to/2uslbRo

UK:
https://amzn.to/2uwphb6
#KOAT
M_WareGasBomb

Comments

• Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM
    I've found a new running top on UK. As exciting as I found.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I joined the instant pot craze for $78.88.
    M_WareJennifer PostMartinAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

Fondly known at our house as the giant easy to peel boiled egg maker.
    Jennifer PostAaron Websteymaggieru
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options

From a lazy fat man, you will not be disappointed!

Jennifer PostAaron Webstey

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited July 2018
    @matt he briefly fell back down after hours and this morning due to glitches in the website. Then investors decided those were a good thing because too many people were trying to give Amazon their money. He was up another billion and a half or so today...

I got a coupe echo dots to control smart lights and such, an 8-person tent and some bluetooth earbuds. Ya know, the essentials.
    Jennifer PostM_WareAaron Websteyidking90KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    If I knew what size I was in China, I would stock up on ugly cycling gear.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyTad_MdoyoueventribroKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

We had one for a couple weeks. Returned it. We're clearly not instant pot worthy.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    I bought a heart rate monitor and a book. Neither offered any savings. Prime day was a bust. Seems like electronics and especially Amazon products are the big savings.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

We had one for a couple weeks. Returned it. We're clearly not instant pot worthy.
    I cook a lot of beans and make a lot of hummus. Canned beans can get pricey but getting dried beans means you need to soak them overnight and then cook them on the stove for 40-60 minutes. Apparently with the instant pot it will cook them from dry in 45 minutes. I love the age we live in
    M_WareAaron WebsteyMartin
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Am I the worst aspiring tech bro ever if I didn’t even know it was Prime Day?
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron Webstey
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    We had an Instant Pot for about 3 weeks and returned it. When you factor in the time they take to get up to pressure, cook, and decompress followed by extensive clean up it's basically a crock pot with more parts and risk of scalding/explosion.

People swear by them though, but of the three folks just in my family that purchased them this past winter, all have been returned.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Instant Pots are so 2017. The new craze is to get a smart sous-vide. A co-worker was praising her new kitchen tool and sent me this video link and I thought she was joking.
    M_WareRashAaron WebsteyMartin
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    I wonder if I could heat up the water in my fish tank and get the same result?
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer Post
  • Options
    Rash said:

We had an Instant Pot for about 3 weeks and returned it. When you factor in the time they take to get up to pressure, cook, and decompress followed by extensive clean up it's basically a crock pot with more parts and risk of scalding/explosion.

People swear by them though, but of the three folks just in my family that purchased them this past winter, all have been returned.

This mirrors our exact experience with it. When they say "cook X in 12 minutes!" they actually mean "10 minutes pressurize + 12 minutes cook + 15 minutes depressurize + 2 weeks apologizing to your wife for getting such a shitty mother's day gift".
    Tad_MRashJennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladoRobert RankinMartin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I cook a lot of beans and make a lot of hummus. Canned beans can get pricey but getting dried beans means you need to soak them overnight and then cook them on the stove for 40-60 minutes. Apparently with the instant pot it will cook them from dry in 45 minutes. I love the age we live in
    This. And Indian food.
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Martin said:

>I cook a lot of beans and make a lot of hummus. Canned beans can get pricey but getting dried beans means you need to soak them overnight and then cook them on the stove for 40-60 minutes. Apparently with the instant pot it will cook them from dry in 45 minutes. I love the age we live in

This. And Indian food.

Indian food is great. I mean, I've never eaten it, per se, but every time I smell it, I evacuate my bowels with a ferocity that I wouldn't wish on my worst enemy.

I imagine the hot yoga craze induces a similar cleansing effect. And for this, I am grateful.

Namaste, motherfuckers.
    Tad_MMartin
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch