frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Tour de France 2018

Comments

• Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
    edited July 16
    Didn’t Froome attack Wiggins when he was working for him? Still would be fun to see G attack a little and have to be called back.

The Skujins thing was a crazy over reacting. The wheel didn’t bite at all when it made contact with the ground. One weak ass motor they were implying he had. Didn’t even have to see the second video to know what happened.

I have to many climbers and have to replace with a leader, so yep fall from grace incoming.

Jennifer Post

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Robert Rankin Froome was towing Wiggo on stage 17 of the 2012 race when he "briefly appeared to defy team orders" on the slope of the Peyresourde and took off without Wiggins in tow.
    The two Sky men could be seen talking and listening to their radio earpieces and the outcome of their discussion was hard to interpret. Wiggins slipped to the front at the foot of the last climb but then Froome went ahead again. Both were spinning their gears at a high cadence and Froome was starting to make frequent glances back at his team-mate, pulling a few metres ahead while gesturing for Wiggins to hurry up and join him.

It was these signals that caused some to assume that Froome was demonstrating to Wiggins that he is the stronger man in the mountains, as some suspected him of doing before the finish at La Toussuire last Thursday, when he appeared to respond to radio instructions to slow down and allow his leader to catch up
    Robert RankinAaronWebstey
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    @Robert Rankin that would be fun. Say what you will about Sky (I don't have an issue with them myself), but how can you not like a guy who crashes like ">this, gets up, hammers to catch back up and then spews fire at the jackass who caused him to crash. Guy is tough as nails, he is just a few rungs off the high water mark of Froome.
    Robert Rankin
  • Options
    I don’t like Froome for the same reasons I hate the Warriors, Yankees, and Patriots. Really it’s not even the asthma crap because, let’s face it, he isn’t the only one. Just know I’m going to be disappointed when he does something super human and breaks away again, even though I know it’s coming.

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Message from the pool admin:

Dear Manager,

Already 9 stages have been covered by the pack of the Tour de France and the riders of your Fantasy team. More than 5000 points? Top of your league? No abandons in your team? We hope your first week was a success on the game! Congratulations to « Remco » who's leading the general ranking with 6952 points.

From tomorrow, the riders will cover a steeper slope in the Tour de France with the first alpine climbs. This is an opportunity for the leaders and the best climbers to get in front of the race.

As a reminder, during this first rest day, you have been credited with one change allowing you to replace a rider of your team by a new rider (while respecting your budget). For this, you just have to click on the button "Replace" in order to change the rider of your choice.

Take your pick!
    Good luck,
    The Fantasy Tour de France's Team
    AaronWebstey
  • Options

Valverde displays with a red X. I tried clicking on "Complete Team" but that doesn't seem to do anything. Is there something I need to do to get this change accepted or will the red X automatically disappear with the stage start?

@Jennifer Post Does Valverde put you over the point limit or is he available? If he put you over, it should have said not available...
  • Options
    My team appears to be set after the swap, and my swap also has the red x. I’ve logged out and logged back in, and the team still includes the new addition. I think the x is just there because you can still drop him and add someone else. The swap isn’t permanent until tomorrow’s stage starts

• Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

My team appears to be set after the swap, and my swap also has the red x. I’ve logged out and logged back in, and the team still includes the new addition. I think the x is just there because you can still drop him and add someone else. The swap isn’t permanent until tomorrow’s stage starts

Thanks @Martin and @Robert Rankin.

I did go back and confirm that the Valverde change was an equal swap for Uran (18 pts.) and within my allowed points per Martin's suggestion.

I'll blame it on bad UX since you see the same thing Robert.

Robert RankinMartin
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @Martin, I'm feeling loyal to my 7th place team. Should I really make changes?

Robert RankinMartin
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    @M_Ware I’d consider a different road captain at least
    M_WareJennifer Post

• Options
    M_Ware said:

@Martin, I'm feeling loyal to my 7th place team. Should I really make changes?

Yeah, switch your captain to someone that goes uphill quickly tomorrow. You won't be seventh for long, methinks...
    Robert RankinM_WareJennifer Post
  • Options
    Thank you kind gentlemen. Here's a link to inhaler caps: https://rotheracycling.com/collections/le-tour
    MartinRobert RankinMattJohns622KenElPescadoPelado
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    M_Ware said:

Thank you kind gentlemen. Here's a link to inhaler caps: https://rotheracycling.com/collections/le-tour

We need an Evil reaction button.
    M_WareAaronWebsteyJennifer PostTad_MKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Martin said:

M_Ware said:

We need an Evil reaction button.
    I think the Dark Mark serves just fine.....
    AaronWebsteyMartin

#Sworry 2019 - See you there!
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    So after selecting Alaphilippe as my captain for the first week, I swapped him for Barguil yesterday. Brilliant move on my part. Anyone wanna fight me for Lanterne Rouge honors?
    MattMartinRobert RankinKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    GVA has obviously been spending hours in front of a shrine to Eddy Mercx riding these mountains on a Kickr with the front-wheel hill simulator.

It was great to see Quick-Step on the podium again. Any time they go more than 36 hours without a victory, I worry about Lefevere's heart. Hopefully Alaphilippe cracks a brewski or two before the drug test again.

Tomorrow is a short one - under 110km - but so much climbing. The intermediate sprint is at 12k, so little chance for a break to get established, and it comes after roughly 5k of uncategorized climbing. The first mountain - Col de Bisane - is a bear, and should see a gigantic winning breakaway form. The final climb of the day is very, very long, and a hilltop finish, but the steep bits are in the middle, so there will be time to regroup before the finish.

Warren Barguil Watch
    Barguil is a strange guy. He made it throught the Roubaix stage in the GC group, goes on the record as saying he's chasing stage wins and not GC and will deliberately lose time, then attacks pretty late in the stage today, gets ridden down by Sky, then loses 10 minutes. Maybe he's just testing out his new bike after switching from his Argon 18 Look.
    M_WareRobert RankinMattJennifer PostTad_M
  • Options
    Snooze fest. Hoping somebody attacks tomorrow before Alpe dHuez
    Matt

• Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited July 17

My biggest question right now regarding my team is if I'll regret choosing Valverde over Quintana on my rest day change when I replaced Uran.
    AaronWebsteyMartin
  • Options
    At least you shouldn’t feel bad about replacing Uran. Road captain spots are harder to fill than the sprints
    Martin

• Options
    edited July 18
    Not the approprIate thread, but I defy anyone to watch this and not bawl tears of joy right along with her.
    Robert RankinMattsimonsen77AaronWebstey
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    See now this stage is more like it!
    M_WareMartinsimonsen77

• Options
  • Options

Oh, to be a fly on the wall of the Sky team bus tonight...
    Jennifer PostRobert RankinRashMatt
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member

The soul of Team Sky on full display there. Obviously a sort of a Rorschach test that reflects what you believe.

— Peter Flax (@Pflax1) July 18, 2018

Considering I spent the last few km swearing at Nairo and Bardet for letting Martin and Froome ride off, I think I know my results on the Team Sky rorschach.
    Jennifer PostKenElPescadoPelado
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options

Thomas finally kicked his bilharzia. Good for him.

— Cyclocosm.com (@Cyclocosm) July 18, 2018
    simonsen77MartinKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Matt said:

FUCK

Yeah my team is dropping fast. Was hoping Mijka wouldn’t go backwards quite so fast.
    Martin said:

Oh, to be a fly on the wall of the Sky team bus tonight...
    Should be interesting. Hopefully Dumoulin can hang around and really keep it interesting.

Jennifer PostRashMartin

• Options
    Cavendish and Kittel missed the time cut, and were sent home.
    Jennifer PostKHilgendorf
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    That last climb suited Dumoulin better than tomorrows and he was still caught and dropped. Love them or hate them, Sky is an amazing machine. They rode perfectly today - the only hiccup was their kid Bernal falling off earlier than expected on the pain train, but even then he grabbed Landa's wheel and made him tow him to the line.

I had to suffer through the US coverage and listen to the guys repeatedly proclaim that Sky was in trouble despite having 7 guys on the front of the main group still when Valverde went away. Jen's just puts it over the top - CVV almost lost his mind when Jen's said Sky just didn't have the legs today!

I will agree with them though - what was Bahrain doing? Why did they take responsibility and burn all those matches then do nothing with it? So weird.

Anyway, Sky was always in the drivers seat but now it's official. Either Thomas or Froome will go for a dagger tomorrow I think - at least I hope they try. Thomas looked good but Froome also hung back, covered every attack, grabbed Martin's wheel then dropped him. Think I was more impressed with his ride than Thomas even though he looked horrid doing it all. Martin said he couldn't believe how strong Froome was when he caught on.
    Martin
  • Options
    Rash said:

I will Martin said he couldn't believe how strong Froome was when he caught on.

And you can read into that any way you like.
    AaronWebstey

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch