frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Tour de France 2018

Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
edited July 2018 in Main
Kicking off the 2018 discussion thread with Team Dimension Data team announcement video. It is excellent.

M_WareMattTad_MCraig_DMartinKenElPescadoPeladoRobert Rankin

Comments

• Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Are we picking teams/brackets again this year. Or whatever you call it.
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostCraig_D
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Very cool!
    Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Crap, I forget how we did that. If 10+ people want to do a pool, even if we miss the first day, I'll put up a t-shirt. In fact, the winner can design their own t-shirt and I'll post it on my Amazon merch account (and obviously buy them the first one).
    Jennifer PostCraig_DBrew_Tri
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I found it. Did we have our own team/league?

https://www.velogames.com/
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited June 2018
    I'll set it up. You need to pick a team before joining a league. Watch this space.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Here:

League Owner: Martin
    League Name: TriRoostTDF
    League Code: 131776711

Use the League Code to enter the league by clicking on an Open spot on your Team Roster's "Mini-League Manager" section.

You can reach your Team Roster by going back the the main page and clicking on the team name in the right-hand panel of each screen when you are logged in.

After clicking on an open league spot, you will then be asked to enter the League Code to sign up your team into the league.
    Matt
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    edited June 2018
    @Martin when's the cut off?
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Sat July 7th
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited June 2018
    I'm in! Thanks @Jennifer Post and @Martin.
    Aaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I don't know what all this means. Or pretty much any of it. But yeah I'll play.
    M_Ware
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options

I don't know anything about this stuff either. Friendly wager between two dummies?
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MAaron Websteysimonsen77
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Martin said:

I don't know anything about this stuff either. Friendly wager between two dummies?
    I do read (okay, skim) this forum though, you dink.

Sworry.

Aaron WebsteyMartinCraig_D
  • Options
    M_Ware said:

All credit goes to @Martin. I saw @wchevron's comment about a bracket and I didn't even remember we did that last year. Guess I was still bitter about my exploding bracket due to Sagan getting kicked out so early last year.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options

M_Ware said:

All credit goes to @Martin. I saw @wchevron's comment about a bracket and I didn't even remember we did that last year. Guess I was still bitter about my exploding bracket due to Sagan getting kicked out so early last year.
    At least you chose the right Sagan!
    MattAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladomaggieru
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited June 2018
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey - What hapens to the t-shirt if Froome wins? Will it go in some kind of escrow for a year or two?
    M_WareJennifer PostTad_Midking90Aaron Websteykjrunnin
  • Options
    Here are my early tips:

QuickStep could legitimately win 50% of the stages at the tour this year, but the wins will be spread across six riders, so other than Gavira, you choose them at your own risk.

The general rule this year has been that if QS hasn't won a one day race, it was probably some guy from Astana.

There are cobbles this year. Have a gander at stories from the 2014 tour to understand the potential impact of this on the race.

There is this stage: https://www.cyclingstage.com/tour-de-france-2018-route/stage-17-tdf-2018/ . What the hell?

Mark Cavendish will not win a stage. #sworry
    Jennifer PostAaron Webstey
  • Options
    What are the odds of Froome not even starting?
    MattMartinJennifer PostAaron Webstey

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    edited July 2018
  • Options

What are the odds of Froome not even starting?

Pretty low, but if he is withdrawn (never happen) or excluded (50-50), considering Geraint Thomas is probably the best rider in the race not named Chris Froome, Sky will win anyway.
    Robert RankinAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Watching the reaction is like deja vu. "The French are out to get him because they don't want another American British winner"

I think it's kind of funny, and hope they do block him from starting.
    Jennifer PostMattAaron WebsteyMamaCheetah

• Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
    edited July 2018
    Neither Froome nor the UCI provided any specifics about how much it cost he was cleared

They’ve somehow managed to make cycling look like more of a joke.
    Jennifer Postsimonsen77MamaCheetah

• Options
    Just when I think cycling can’t sink any lower.... And, yet, I will still follow it and believe my favorites are the only clean riders when they likely are dirty like all the others. Sigh.
    MamaCheetah
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    What the hell is the point of testing if, when someone fails, he's not suspended in accordance with the rules? This is like blowing a 0.16 while driving your car and the cop saying, "It's cool, go ahead and drive home." He pissed double the allowable limit of a banned substance. 4 year ban.

He better go down on the cobbles. And if not, someone better dump a frame pump in his wheel. And then do the same to Lapartient.
    Mark_after_Darksimonsen77Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostMamaCheetah
  • Options
    In other news, the UCI inspectors will only be allowing a single mechanical assist device to be hidden in your frame this year...
    M_WareTad_MAaron WebsteyJennifer PostRobert RankinkjrunninMattidking90MamaCheetah
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Aaron WebsteyMartinwchevronMamaCheetah
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    A decent breakdown of each team's riders, goals and expectations.

Part 1
    Part 2
    Part 3

If you want to update your Team Roster....
  • Options
    Okay bear with me as I'm new to this.

Does leftover credits mean that I've still got something I can use to buy EPO for my riders?
    Jennifer PostMattM_Wareidking90Tad_MMamaCheetah
  • Options

Okay bear with me as I'm new to this.

Does leftover credits mean that I've still got something I can use to buy EPO for my riders?

I think 2018 rules were updated to allow use of leftover credits for motors too.

KenElPescadoPeladoMattidking90Aaron WebsteyTad_MCraig_D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch