frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Friday Boozing Open Thoughts Thread

Comments

• Options

Friday night #partyprep - pin the moustache on Mario, cheesy fire flower balls, princess Peach rings, DK bananas, and a question block pinata. Also bob-ombs and fixins for a front lightpole victory flag.

Who the hell are you, and why are you such a better parent than I?
    kjrunninM_WareAaronWebsteyCraig_DTad_MKenElPescadoPeladomaggieru
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @KHilgendorf I play only a minor role in production and manual labour.
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    Are you adopting?
    AaronWebsteyCraig_DMartinTad_Mkjrunnin
  • Options
    Matt said:

Are you adopting?

For anyone on this forum? Always.
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter

Matt said:

Are you adopting?

For anyone on this forum? Always.
    See you in 20 or so.
    I have my own pillow, toothbrush, and NASA approved diaper. I do eat quite a bit though.

MartinkjrunninAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado

#Sworry 2019 - See you there!
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    The Goomba pudding cups are awesome! But the block of C4 in front of them looks a bit out of place.
    Jennifer PostAaronWebsteyBrew_TriMartin
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    My locker at my lawn bowling club.
    M_WareCraig_DDark_markTad_MAaronWebstey
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @Dark_mark is such an influencer.
    Jennifer PostJohns622Tad_MAaronWebsteymaggieru
    Queen of All Pins and A+ Enabler
    Send your Pinterest suggestions to me at:
    QOAP@triroost.com
    http://www.pinterest.com/triroost/
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options

The Goomba pudding cups are awesome! But the block of C4 in front of them looks a bit out of place.

LOL that's the pinata stick :)

@Jennifer Post @M_Ware thanks to @Dark_mark , we blew our kids' minds recently. They were trying to read each other's minds, and they said "mummy and daddy, you try - write a number down without each other seeing! See if they're the same!".

Obviously you can guess how this ends.
    M_WareDark_markTad_MCraig_DJennifer Post
  • Options
    Dark_markDark_mark Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, TRS/Baucco Officers
    SEVENTY!
    AaronWebsteyM_WareTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoMartin
  • Options
    "You do me and I'll owe you one."
    Tad_MCraig_DAaronWebstey
  • Options
    @Dark_mark , helping parents be heroes in the eyes of their children is the highest form of philanthropy.
    I see the Order of Merit badge in your future......
    Craig_DKenElPescadoPeladoDark_markAaronWebstey

• Options
    Rooster entrepreneurs, coders, programmers, app developers, witch doctors, etc. Here are 3 ideas that need to be developed now. People (me, for sure) would pay for:

1) an app that would filter all things Kardashian from all of my devices.
    2) a printer that would consistently print the 3 times/year when I actually need to print.
    3) And I'm serious about this one....develop CO and smoke detector functionality for smart phones. I travel a fair amount, seems like everywhere I go there has been a recent CO related death due to incorrectly vented pool heaters, etc.

Ok folks, get out there and make these happen!
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    M_Ware said:

It has existed for 2 years. Kardashian-filter, a browser extension for Chrome.
    M_WareMartinAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    @Matt, bless you my friend! Now how about the other 2?
    Matt
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    Johns622Johns622 Member
    @M_Ware my simplisafe system has CO Detectors and shows an alarm on my phone if there were an issue
    M_WareAaronWebstey
  • Options
    @Johns622 is there a CO sensor in your home that your phone is able to monitor. or is the sensor actually in your phone? If I'm in a hotel or a camper I would like for my phone to detect high CO levels on its own.
    Johns622
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    All this jibberish about useful inventions is distracting us from the real issue here. No one noticed that @Matt received the Kim Jong Il badge.
    1. Congrats @Matt !!!!!!!
    2. While Matt deserves all accolades we can give, we must suck as a group of people to give him this.
    3. Should Matt post a special GIF for this occasion?
    MattM_WareAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    edited July 1

edit: to be fair, I got the badge 1 year after @Dark_mark and 19 months after @AaronWebstey so it's definitely esteemed company. Because we shitpost more than anyone.
    M_WareTad_MCraig_DMartinwchevronAaronWebsteykjrunninKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member
    M_Ware said:

Rooster entrepreneurs, coders, programmers, app developers, witch doctors, etc. Here are 3 ideas that need to be developed now. People (me, for sure) would pay for:

2) a printer that would consistently print the 3 times/year when I actually need to print.
    3) And I'm serious about this one....develop CO and smoke detector functionality for smart phones. I travel a fair amount, seems like everywhere I go there has been a recent CO related death due to incorrectly vented pool heaters, etc.

Ok folks, get out there and make these happen!

You could buy a battery powered CO detector and take it with you when you travel. Get something decent and goes off on low levels of CO. Most residential ones alarm at 75ppm. If you can find one, get one that alarms at a lower level or at least has a display so you can see what the level is. You don't want to be staying somewhere sucking in 50ppm of CO all night and not know it because your monitor doesn't go off until 75 ppm.

I took a CO class years ago and the teacher would do that. I believe most people are killed by CO in their homes. Hotels were #2. Never stay near the pool in a hotel. Most of the pool heaters aren't serviced regularly and are the cause of most hotel CO deaths.

He also found some cars would set off his CO detector when he had the windows open. With the new aero shapes of some cars and the coanda effect, the exhaust would actually get pulled back into his car when driving on the highway.

Tad_MM_WareAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    @wchevron you and my dad are on exactly the same path. But wouldn’t it be nice if that functionality could be incorporated into something we already carry with us everywhere we go and are diligent about keeping charged?
    AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I like the idea. Something in similar form factor like a mobile credit card reader like Square. Small device you just plug into your phone.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    Any sensor can shrink to a maximally useful size, given enough money, time, and public will. :)
    M_WareKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Johns622Johns622 Member
    M_Ware said:

@Johns622 is there a CO sensor in your home that your phone is able to monitor. or is the sensor actually in your phone? If I'm in a hotel or a camper I would like for my phone to detect high CO levels on its own.

I thought you wanted to measure the CO levels in your house while you were gone. You want to measure CO levels where you are while you're gone. Got it #sworry
    M_Ware
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Can I jump on @M_Ware 's entrepreunerial ask for life-saving technology with some that are less noble?

1. A sports bra with t-fal like properties that you can put on post-swim, or take off when sweaty, without getting stuck or having to ask strangers in the locker room for help.
    2. Compression tights that go on easily like regular tights and then are heat activated so they become compressive once on, so that putting them on isn't a workout in and of itself.
    M_WareJennifer PosteremillongKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteymaggieru

• Options
    Ooo, good ones @kjrunnin. I was wishing for scissors in an ankle holster just the other day for a damp bra emergency post-swimming.
    AaronWebsteykjrunnin
    QOAP@triroost.com
  • Options
    14 Sports Bras with front zippers? Thanks Runner's World! (although half the models looks like they don't even need one)
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Matt said:

14 Sports Bras with front zippers? Thanks Runner's World! (although half the models looks like they don't even need one)

LOL... some of the reviews... tales of spontaneously unzipping bras... I'm thinking these were designed by men
    KenElPescadoPeladowchevronMartinAaronWebsteyTad_M

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch