frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Chicago Recommendations

2»

Comments

• Options
    jrielley1406jrielley1406 Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    Not scary at all. You don’t even get close to the areas that you might not want to be in. And even if you were it wouldn’t be an issue. You won’t get shot driving down 90/94 going 70 MPH.
    “Pro” triathlete and dad to a crazy, wild, and fun little girl! So basically freaking out on a day to day basis...
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited May 2018
    @jrielley1406 thanks, but I wasn’t (until now ;) ) worried about getting shot, it’s crazy 8 lane traffic that freaks me out.
    Aaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    You won't come through the city on that route. I'm assuming it'll be much faster to cut down 90 once you get to Rockford and then you'll take 290/294 through the western burbs instead of coming through the city. Traffic can be even worse on the suburban highways, so just don't hit them 7-9 am and 4-6 pm.

I suppose it depends on where you're going in Michigan, but you can also drive straight to Milwaukee and then take the ferry to Muskegon. Runs straight across the lake in about 3 hours and you can avoid Illinois altogether.

If you're going anywhere in the northern half of Michigan, it might be faster to drive through the U.P. That would also be a gorgeous and traffic-free drive with lots of awesome places to stop and ride/run.
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    This has been another gripping episode of

kjrunninbbculpRash
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Sworry I can't help myself
    #KOAT
  • Options
    jrielley1406jrielley1406 Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    Well that makes more sense! Ha. Depends on when you travel. It isn't that bad since there's a high chance there will be construction! But I don't find it too bad even when busy. I also grew up here so I am "used" to the crap traffic!
    M_Ware said:

@jrielley1406 thanks, but I wasn’t (until now ;) ) worried about getting shot, it’s crazy 8 lane traffic that freaks me out.

Aaron Webstey
    “Pro” triathlete and dad to a crazy, wild, and fun little girl! So basically freaking out on a day to day basis...
  • Options
    bbculpbbculp Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I feel so much more welcome on ST.
    Aaron WebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey be nice, the Chicagoland folks are helping me out and we know I’m only here for the badges and expert travel and doughnut advice.
    Aaron WebsteybbculpkjrunninTad_M
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    @bbculp I love the idea of the ferry and I looked at that option, but in the end I ruled it out due to the fact I’m a delicate flower with motion sickness issues.

@jrielley1406 if I’m actually making sense we’ll call that a win.
    Aaron Websteyjrielley1406Tad_M
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    I say Northern route in, and consider southern on way back depending on traffic timing. After all, the Garmin route penis resulting from using both routes will be astounding and worth the effort!
    M_Warebbculpwchevron
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    @Tad_Machrowicz , exactly.

Jennifer PostMattTad_MbbculpAaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch