frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Buy a hat for a race you have no intention on doing.

doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
edited May 2018 in Main
I'm the race director for a local race. It'll be our first year and to help subsidize some of those first year costs we decided to sell some hats. We priced them hoping to get 75-100 sales but to date we only have 17. While we might sell them I'd rather have them pre-sold before ordering. I'm offering them to the loyal tri-roost forum members at absolutely no discount. I'll ship them anywhere in North America for free if it's less than...say...$10. I'll message anyone that got a hat if shipping will be more than that.

They're boco trucker hats because we thought not enough races had trucker hats. The images just show the stitching areas but the stitching will match the colour of the hat itself...not white. Hats are $17 Canadian so, like...$13 USD. Find a cheaper boco hat, I dare you.

I'll be placing the order 15-May, they should start shipping mid to late June and you can buy them through our raceroster site

https://raceroster.com/events/2018/16412/triathlon-on-the-mira

Or you can DM me on here and I can arrange e-transfers to avoid the raceroster processing fee (something like $2).

I mean, you're more than welcome to sign up for the race itself *cough* @AaronWebstey *cough* but we're literally on the edge of the continent so maybe give it a year or two while I learn how to organize an event.
M_Waresimonsen77Aaron Websteyfyrehaar

Comments

• Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Count me in! Happy to support a local, non-WTC race. Plus, loved what Cape Breton did during our election. I’ll DM you.
    http://cbiftrumpwins.com/
    M_WareAaron Websteyfyrehaar
  • Options

Count me in! Happy to support a local, non-WTC race. Plus, loved what Cape Breton did during our election. I’ll DM you.
    http://cbiftrumpwins.com/

Awesome! Thanks so much. We actually saw one of our biggest tourism years ever after that stunt. Our shitty dollar helped too. Also, I did an april fool's joke for the race about selling out to WTC including some quotes from local/pro athletes. Some people thought it was serious. https://www.facebook.com/trionthemira/posts/1009466322542149
    M_WareJennifer PostAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited May 2018
    Cool @doyoueventribro , count me in.
    Best success for a great inaugural race!
    M_WareCraig_Dfyrehaar
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    I did not realize a rooster was organizing this race.

@AaronWebstey - road trip?
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'm in for 2. Interac e-transfer to your account ok?
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    jamoozle said:

Maritime roosters - if you road trip, message me. Might pop out for it if I can find a bike to use and can bum a lift from you guys.
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    1475km road trip or a $518 flight and STILL cheaper than WTC.
    Jennifer Postsimonsen77M_WareAaron WebsteydoyoueventribroCraig_DTad_Mfyrehaar
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I’ll get one.
    M_WareAaron Webstey
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Ah crap. OK @jamoozle , let me think about it. I just hit an all-time high of 212lbs after my latest work trip, and yesterday at my first pickup soccer of the year I think I strained the fat pockets that live where my obliques used to be. But I bet we could get a crew of people to go - I know one guy in particular who would probably go just so that he could finally beat my fat unfit ass.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Martin said:

I'm in for 2. Interac e-transfer to your account ok?

Yup, DM me your address so I have it on file.
  • Options

I’ll get one.

Great! DM me your address and I'll get back to you with e-transfer link
  • Options

Ah crap. OK @jamoozle , let me think about it. I just hit an all-time high of 212lbs after my latest work trip, and yesterday at my first pickup soccer of the year I think I strained the fat pockets that live where my obliques used to be. But I bet we could get a crew of people to go - I know one guy in particular who would probably go just so that he could finally beat my fat unfit ass.

Did I mention that currently our only sponsor is Breton Brewing which will be hosting a post race after party with a custom brewed beer?
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostCraig_Dfyrehaar
  • Options
    Matt said:

1475km road trip or a $518 flight and STILL cheaper than WTC.

We will recognize any and all course records.
    Aaron WebsteyMattCraig_DkjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Mfyrehaar
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

Did I mention that currently our only sponsor is Breton Brewing which will be hosting a post race after party with a custom brewed beer?
    @jamoozle we need to convince one of the other guys to drive
    KenElPescadoPelado
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I’m in for 1. DM on its way
    doyoueventribro
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I sent a link out to the TRS / Baucco Canada Squad to help spread the word on both the race and the hats and have asked @AJ Baucco to forward it out to the rest of the Team. Just a heads up if you see a few more inquiries through the website.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyJennifer Postsimonsen77
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    toebutt769toebutt769 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Yup. I'm down for one.
    M_WareCraig_D
    When keeping it real goes terribly wrong.
  • Options
    Put me down for one.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_D

• Options
    Martin said:

jamoozle said:

Maritime roosters - if you road trip, message me. Might pop out for it if I can find a bike to use and can bum a lift from you guys.
    Officially planning on doing this race. Should be signed up by the end of the week, just need to confirm a couple things schedule-wise first. It's on like Donkey Kong!

wchevronM_WareCraig_Dkjrunninsimonsen77KenElPescadoPelado
    #KOAT
  • Options

Martin said:

jamoozle said:

Officially planning on doing this race. Should be signed up by the end of the week, just need to confirm a couple things schedule-wise first. It's on like Donkey Kong!

If year one is a success...stay tuned for year 2. Things are already booked up for this year but we're looking to book off an entire campground (3x20 person cabins, full industrial kitchen and spots for tents) to offer free lodging to anyone and their families from away. It's only like $300/night for the entire campground and it's about a kilometer from transition.

We're thinking of adding a kids race too at two rivers wildlife park. Tri on the Mira will be the premier short course triathlon event in Atlantic Canada if I can figure out this whole race director thing.

Aaron WebsteyM_WareTad_MfyrehaarCraig_DJennifer Postsimonsen77Martin
  • Options

Martin said:

jamoozle said:

If year one is a success...stay tuned for year 2. Things are already booked up for this year but we're looking to book off an entire campground (3x20 person cabins, full industrial kitchen and spots for tents) to offer free lodging to anyone and their families from away. It's only like $300/night for the entire campground and it's about a kilometer from transition.

We're thinking of adding a kids race too at two rivers wildlife park. Tri on the Mira will be the premier short course triathlon event in Atlantic Canada if I can figure out this whole race director thing.

Uh, does this mean there's nowhere to stay that weekend?
    #KOAT
  • Options

Martin said:

jamoozle said:

Uh, does this mean there's nowhere to stay that weekend?
    No no, lots of places to stay, you just might have to stay in Sydney which is about a 10 minute drive. There's also the mira provincial park which might book up thanks to their new online system. A few bnb's closer to transition as well. I also have a garage if you bring an air mattress.

M_WareAaron WebsteyJennifer PostKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Don't get too successful, WTC will either buy your race or put a 70.3 on the same weekend.
    Tad_MAaron WebsteyCraig_DJennifer Postsimonsen77NotSoFatLewKenElPescadoPeladoStruangMartin
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey I'll have to see if my parents can look after the kid. If they can, I'm in.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    YO DUDESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Look what just arrived. I should be able to ship out the majority of them this Friday. Thanks for your support. I have a few more available if anyone else is interested, just give me a few days to make sure the pre-sales are all accounted for

M_WareAaron WebsteyJennifer PostTad_MCraig_Dsimonsen77MartinKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Snazzy!
    Aaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    That is the hat of the season. I bet Keenan Thompson wears one to the SNL premiere this year.
    Martin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I’ll take one if there’s extras

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options

Throw me an email at trionthemira@gmail.com , include your address
  • Options

Throw me an email at trionthemira@gmail.com , include your address
    Sent

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch