frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

The bad question, why do people cheat?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I get it
    KenElPescadoPelado
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @KenElPescadoPelado Nick Gough?
    KenElPescadoPelado

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited April 2018
    I was reading about the founder of Patriot Multisport Nick Gough getting hit with a 4-year ban for EPO. "Gough’s four-year period of ineligibility began on December 22, 2017, the date he accepted a provisional suspension. In addition, Gough has been disqualified from all competitive results obtained on and subsequent to November 3, 2017, including forfeiture of any medals, points and prizes."

If he was USAT Coach Certified (or Slowtwitch certified...hah) would he also lose his coaching certifications or does the sanction not apply to coaching since he tested positive himself and not popped for helping athletes dope? Just curious. I would think it would fall under some type of ethics clause but not sure.
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    I don't know for sure, but I'd hope he's lose his certification. His girlfriend is claiming she "knows his story", so he still isn't admitting guilt. Would really like to hear how he tested positive for EPO on accident
    Aaron Webstey

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited April 2018
    Why isn't this lifetime....... why shouldn't it be lifetime for cheating.......
    Asshats continue to diminish the enjoyment of the sport for honest folks.

Agenda item 6: OK folks, listen up. It's time we snare another unsuspecting age grouper. We need another boost to show that our efforts are legitimate and effective. Go out and get me one..... and, remember, be safe out there.... don't get near those pros.... that's a scorpion's nest we don't need to stir up!
    Agenda item 7:.........

#Sworry in advance to all the clean pros who are doing it right and fighting the good fight.
    KenElPescadoPeladoJennifer PostAaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    No time to copy and paste it to another thread, but in my Amazon ads I see a book called APB:Baby written by... Julie Miller.

Anyway, age groupers and coaches who dope are beyond stupid. I mean, ok if you get busted for something recreational in nature, but if you are taking T or EPO for your hobby/for marketing purposes, then maybe you should look into an activity like chess or something. At least there, the drugs will help your brain and hopefully improve other facets of your life.
    Jennifer PostTad_MAaron Webstey
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete

The actual page has since been removed and clicking him returns a 404 error...but they gotta fix the main page to remove him from there too. Whoops.
    KenElPescadoPeladoJennifer PostTad_MAaron Webstey
  • Options
    IanLIanL Member
    Coaches who dope actually, in a weird way, make more sense. Many people get into coaching due to some level of success, even if they have no clue what they are doing. But now they may be hitting the downward slope and need the dope to keep showing good results. If they were smart they would be like me and only coach people over the age 40.
    MartinKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninJennifer PostTad_MAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
    edited April 2018
    @idking90 I don't think Patriot Multisport is around anymore, I'm pretty sure he was the owner. Apparently he packed up and moved to Florida. His girlfriend is engaging on the other site. Says there's a story. Really anxious to see how EPO accidentally shows up in your system. He did manage to finally delete his IG
    Johns622Tad_MAaron Webstey

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Really anxious to see how EPO accidentally shows up in your system.

I bet it was the old "I was forced to take it at gunpoint" defense.

M_WareJennifer PostwchevronMartinRobert RankinTad_MCraig_DAaron Webstey
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    No kidding @Robert Rankin , this is gonna awesome entertainment to read. Can't wait!!!!!
    If he would only livestream a press conference...
    Robert Rankin
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch