frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

2018 ITU WTS

Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
I am so excited to see 2018 WTS series tomorrow afternoon. (US local time.) Start lists for Abu Dhabi sprint are here. https://wts.triathlon.org/start_lists/2018_itu_world_triathlon_abu_dhabi

Who are your picks?

With Commonwealth Games so soon, I expect we'll see athletes near top form which should make for a great sprint race on a technical bike course.
On the Men's side, I pick J. Brownlee, "Young Jacob Birtwhistle", and Murray. I'd love to see Aaron Royle take it though since I am still bitter he was left off the AUS team. For a non-commonwealth athlete, I'll go with Blummenfelt. Those Norwegians were on fire at the Olympics so there must be something in the water.

On the women's side, I'll go with Duffy, Hewitt, and Holland. Although the people I'd love to see podium are Zaferes and Cook.

Also, does anyone know who is coaching Duffy now? I saw Henderson's tweet today and didn't know he was no longer her coach. Is her husband coaching her now?

M_WareGranpa ChookfyrehaarAaron Webstey

Comments

• Options
    I didn't realize it was tomorrow, Friday race!
  • Options
    Yes. I am in Seattle so west coast start times are 1:30pm for men and 3:30 for women.
  • Options
    I think it's 130am and 330am for us on the west coast? Guess I'll be watching the replay with some morning coffee.
    Jennifer PostAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Crap! Just realized start times are am when I went to triathlonlive to see my countdown. I don’t think I’ll watch so early tomorrow morning. I still plan to use the races as an excuse to leave the office Friday at noon though.
    Granpa ChookAaron Webstey
  • Options
    There's still some time to make fantasy picks if you want here.... trifantasy.wordpress.com

See how you do versus some fellow triroosters and slowtwitchers.
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Abu Dhabi always reminds me of Nermal.

M_WareMattJennifer Postidking90
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Super excited to see Stanford and Holland racing. I'm pulling for Katie though.
    M_WareJennifer Post
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I always get the ITU subscription and Love watching the races...
    Jennifer Post
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    So exciting to see Schoeman crush it!
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

There's still some time to make fantasy picks if you want here.... trifantasy.wordpress.com

Tell us more about this please! Maybe start a new thread if you don't mind.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Tell us more about this please! Maybe start a new thread if you don't mind.
    Do people on ST know that races below 70.3 exist?
    Aaron WebsteyMattTad_MCraig_D
  • Options

That was amazing. He just motored away.
    Granpa ChookPevashishDaul
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    @Jennifer Post Guess I don't need to spend any time watching it later.
  • Options
    Rash said:

@Jennifer Post Guess I don't need to spend any time watching it later.

It is still worth watching. Are you being sarcastic or did you not expect to see spoilers in a discussion thread about a race series after a race?
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options

Was he getting over a flu?
    EmilyCocksidking90PevashishDaulAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Granpa ChookGranpa Chook Member
    edited March 2018

Exactly what I thought when he made that gap all of a sudden. Maybe Schoeman went full "fuck it" and just got a motor.
    Jennifer Postidking90MartinCraig_DAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    @Granpa Chook I just kept marveling at how Barrie was covering the race. He really skirted around the issues at first but then I started to think he might even bring up the Fancy Bears Rio leak. Nope. But he did talk about his asthma, how he was biking way over his known potential based on last season, how the best cyclists couldn’t keep up with him, how he travels home to RSA between races to work with his team..... I started enjoying the dodges in the commentary more than the race itself.
    ellsworth53tM_WareGranpa ChookCraig_DTad_MAaron Webstey
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited March 2018

This was the most sarcasm I could muster at 5 something this morning when I woke up and saw WTS Twitter was blabbering about him destroying the field. This whole cover up makes me not even interested anymore. I'm not naive to think he's the only one, but this is a pretty clear cut bust, and if they don't have the balls to do....anything..... then fuck them. I don't give a shit anymore whose clean or dirty, and I'm not giving them my $20.
    Granpa ChookAaron Webstey
  • Options
    @Jennifer Post Yeah, for fuck's sake! Although not surprising coming from Barrie, who at best is a naive optimist told by the ITU to not talk about certain topics, and at worst, another commentator from the Phil Ligget cloth, a full on doping apologist. Hopefully he is the former.
  • Options

Although not surprising coming from Barrie, who at best is a naive optimist told by the ITU to not talk about certain topics, and at worst, another commentator from the Phil Ligget cloth, a full on doping apologist.

I like Barrie, but if you are announcing in any sport, you need to think about the
    M_WareJennifer PostPevashishDaulAaron Websteysimonsen77Granpa Chook
  • Options
    @ellsworth53t I agree ITU has handled it very poorly. At least in the past, if the rumors are true, ITU would tell people to quietly go away for awhile when they tested positive. This time it seems like not only did they cover for him but they gave him a pass to use a motor too. I found myself hoping he'd crash and we'd see a spinning wheel ala Ryder Hesjedal. This clip is one of my all-time favorites.

ellsworth53tAaron WebsteyGranpa Chook
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Controversy is so exciting. Motor? Is there any real proof? or offhanded allegations from insiders?
    Sure riding above your pay grade is a sign, but that could be caused by going to the doctor in the offseason to "discover" that the asthma has inadvertently caused a new disease called "micro T". If something's going on, I want it to be mechanical doping. I'm so sick and tired of all the boring chemical doping. We need more hi-tech mechanical doping to keep cycling and the cycling leg exciting!
    M_WareCraig_DJennifer Postidking90
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    PevashishDaulPevashishDaul Member, POTM
    Hey gang, Pev Daul here and i feel that i am qualified to pontificate on this subject since I was in the Canadian armed forces.

Henri said that he never needed a tue nor did he ever test positive. Isn't this enough proof?

Fleck went low 9 hours at im Canada and he didn't dope. Can't we just all agree to disagree?

Well, off to teach the Canadian youth about Simon Lessing's bike split at Nice, toodles!

Thanks,
    Pev
    Jennifer PostCraig_DAaron Websteyrangamel
  • Options
    @Tad_Machrowicz I agree! Mechanical doping is where it is at! I prefer the idea of the athletes brazenly racing with motors if they are going to cheat. Doping in private is so boring.

In all seriousness, I am just fascinated by the idea of motors. How is the tech so advanced that athletes get away with it? Or, is it just officials looking away? I love seeing all the videos from the big races that get posted supposedly showing the use of motors. The ones out of Cross Worlds in February were really impressive.
    Tad_M
  • Options
    Bringing this back to the top. Don’t forget mixed relay tomorrow in Nottingham. It’s the best race format in my opinion. Will also be exciting to see how the new “young lads” representing USA do. (Hemming and McElroy.)

Tad_MAaron WebsteyM_Ware
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Bringing this back to the top. Don’t forget mixed relay tomorrow in Nottingham.

Watch out for the head official on course.

Aaron WebsteyTad_MStruangMattM_WareJennifer PostCraig_D
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Time to turn this thread in another direction.

KenElPescadoPeladoTad_MJennifer PostM_Wareidking90Kelly O'MaraCraig_D
  • Options
    I saw this live. So glad it's in gif form so I can play it over and over again. I couldn't stop laughing.
    Aaron WebsteyM_Ware
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    too bad so many athletes got sick from the water in Nottingham...
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Reuters: Top ITU triathlete and coach under investigation: Improving upon a common age group tactic, a top pro is being questioned concerning a conspiracy to sabotage competitor's bikes. An accomplice who was allegedly dressed as a TV cameraman is also being questioned. Athlete, Coach, and Cameraman have all been contacted, but have provided no comment.
    Jennifer PostM_WareKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_D
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch