frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

February 2018 Challenge

PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
Swim challenge is up, swim 1,000 yards a day average or 28,000 for the month. I recommend starting with a few thousand in the bank on day 1 as every year there are a lot of people swimming huge numbers that last week!
TRS Racing
I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
M_WareTad_MJennifer PostCraig_DGranpa ChookFastCat1107KenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetah

Comments

• Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I just put I 3k for day 1. I recommend everyone to get out there and swim as much as you can for the first 5-10 days or else you will have a bad experience of this all in the last 5 or so days.
    Craig_DM_WareJennifer Postsimonsen77
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    I'm going to rest up until the last day, then put in a monster set.
    M_WarePreachSwansonCraig_Dkjrunninsimonsen77balsdorfSteve HalewskiTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyMamaCheetah
  • Options
    rangamelrangamel Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Perfect timing!!

I have a 20k swim on the 24th I'm currently training for. This is going to be easy!! :#
    kjrunninsimonsen77Tad_MKenElPescadoPeladoPreachSwanson
    Slightly mental triathlete who is allergic to the sun

• Options
    rangamel said:

Perfect timing!!

I have a 20k swim on the 24th I'm currently training for. This is going to be easy!! :#

Something is wrong with you! Just an FYI
    kjrunninbalsdorfTad_MKenElPescadoPeladorangamel
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Good news. I've made it 3 straight days.

Bad news. It took only 3 days to run into the masters coach and be shamed that I was starting my swim at 7:30am instead of showing up at the 5:45am workout. So, now I have a new goal to make at least one 5:45am workout each week.
    Craig_DM_WarekjrunninTad_MKenElPescadoPeladofyrehaarMamaCheetah
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @Jennifer Post isn’t it great how crazy goals compound?
    M_WareJennifer PostTad_MKenElPescadoPelado
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    In the interest of conserving pool space so it's not too crowded for the rest of you, @rangamel is going to swim my yardage for me since she'll have so much extra.
    simonsen77Jennifer PostTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoPreachSwansonrangamelAaron WebsteyMamaCheetah

• Options
    EvilTwinEvilTwin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I got lucky, we have a Masters that has two night swims, 8pm, just so happened that the 1st was one of them. I'm at 3,800 for the start and going again. As for a 20K, that is insane to me right now wow......I'll take some of your distance please.
    M_WareTad_Mrangamel
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    My club hosted a USMS meet in January. I've never been a fast swimmer so I try to motivate myself by thinking of the long-term health benefits instead. Stuff like this gets me in the pool on days when I am struggling with motivation.
    ---------
    Two World Records were set by 70-year-old Dan Kirkland of Lake Washington Masters at the BC Masters' Mile yesterday. Dan broke records set in 2001 by Olympian and International Hall of Fame inductee Graham Johnston. Dan's 800-meter split of 10:28.96 bettered the old record of 10:52.68 and his 1500-meter time of 19:52.89 beat Graham's 20:54.56. Congratulations Dan!
    kjrunninM_WareEvilTwinTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoPreachSwansonStruangrangamel
  • Options
    I feel like I should start auctioning off some of my swim distance.

So far this month I have done 26 053m which is 28491 yards. Who wants it?? :p =)
    M_WarePreachSwansonCraig_Dsimonsen77Tad_M

• Options
    Please post this to Facebook, it will break AJ's heart and get you some gear!
    rangamel said:

I feel like I should start auctioning off some of my swim distance.

So far this month I have done 26 053m which is 28491 yards. Who wants it?? :p =)

simonsen77rangamel
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @rangamel maybe you need a bigger challenge? Just because you’re going to probably end up with more mileage this month than the entire team combined

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/theredbulletin/ross-edgley-strongman-tree-swim
    PreachSwanson
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Craig D said:

@rangamel maybe you need a bigger challenge? Just because you’re going to probably end up with more mileage this month than the entire team combined

That's a great challenge @Craig D !!!! Go @rangamel , I'm pulling for you!!!!
    rangamel
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Craig D said:

WOW!!!! That's awesome!!!

M_Ware

• Options
    Hit 28,000 this morning!

kjrunninPreachSwansonsimonsen77M_WareCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyrangamelJennifer PostMamaCheetahfyrehaar
  • Options
    You are awesome @jpicune!
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM
    Starting late but got my 2000m (2187yds for those who measure funny) in this morning.
    KenElPescadoPeladorangamel
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Struang said:

Starting late but got my 2000m (2187yds for those who measure funny) in this morning.

You're still ahead of me! I'm at 1200m. And if I swim enough in the next 16 days to complete this challenge, I will be sad.
    PreachSwansonCraig_Drigpig

• Options
    Steve HalewskiSteve Halewski Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Got there just after @jpicune

KenElPescadoPeladoPreachSwansonsimonsen77Aaron WebsteyCraig_DM_Warerangamel

Steve Halewski
  • Options
    Great job Steve!
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Great job Steve!

I’m just gonna piggy back off this.
    Craig_DTad_MKenElPescadoPelado
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    First swim since November this morning. Better late than never?
    PreachSwansonM_Warekjrunninsimonsen77KenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DMattAaron WebsteyTad_M

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Get on it Rankin, you can still make it. Some 2 & 3k day's will put you right back into the mix.

First swim since November this morning. Better late than never?

TRS Racing
  • Options
    I've started tapering for my 20k swim on Saturday so my distance has gone down a bit in the past week.
    But count so far is 61,044m or 200,275 feet.

:) :) :)
    PreachSwansonkjrunninM_WareCraig_Dsimonsen77AlexSAaron WebsteyJennifer PostTad_MSteve HalewskiKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    EvilTwinEvilTwin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Just got it 28k+ who needs me do add some to theirs
    kjrunninPreachSwansonsimonsen77
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    KenElPescadoPeladokjrunninMamaCheetahPreachSwansonCraig_D
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    28100 yesterday morning.
    M_WareMamaCheetahkjrunninCraig_D
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    OverBiker_SamOverBiker_Sam Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I think I racked up 28,000 airline miles this month. Does that count?
    M_WareMamaCheetahkjrunninEvilTwinTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyCraig_Dccochrane
    Cheers,
    -Sam

• Options
    Love it Sam... I've got 3k to go
    OverBiker_SamTad_M
    TRS Racing
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    I'm gonna go ahead and call it. My total swim distance for February? Zero
    I want to thank everyone for their support during this month of lackluster effort. xoxo
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyM_WarerangamelPreachSwansonMaddie_McKkjrunninTad_MCraig_Dsimonsen77ccochranerigpig

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch