frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

2018 Goals and Challenges

13»

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    edited January 12
    You can do it Mitch!

mbrekk44StruangCraig DTad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteyBrew_TriKenElPescadoPeladoEvan
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    I love how the team goals for 2018 thread has turned into a cheerleading session for me to take a shit...lol... Thanks for the support.. now I will spend the rest of the day on the toilet.. but at least it's my toilet and not at the hospital!
    M_Waresimonsen77fyrehaarkjrunninTad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoMartinEvanmaggieruFastCat1107
  • Options
    Craig DCraig D Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @mbrekk44 “all for one, one for all “ right?! I’m just surprised no one asked for FB live or a Periscope link.
    mbrekk44AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Machrowicz
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    mbrekk44 said:

I love how the team goals for 2018 thread has turned into a cheerleading session for me to take a shit...lol... Thanks for the support.. now I will spend the rest of the day on the toilet.. but at least it's my toilet and not at the hospital!

Our team is number one for number two.

mbrekk44MattStruangkjrunninTad_MachrowiczAaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoJennifer Post
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited January 13
    From now on, when the cheer "Go Mitch Go" is heard at a race, it will touch a special place in our hearts.
    kjrunninAaronWebsteymbrekk44wchevronMattKenElPescadoPeladoCraig Dsimonsen77

• Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    C'mon Mitch... ask yourself WWLSD?
    AaronWebsteyTad_Machrowiczmbrekk44KenElPescadoPeladoCraig Dmaggieru

• Options
    @mbrekk44 thoughts and prayers.
    mbrekk44AaronWebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoCraig D
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
  • Options
    edited January 15
    Way to go @mbrekk44 !!! As they say "if it ain't on Strava......"

StruangEvilTwinRobert RankinwchevronAaronWebsteyMattA_drizzleRashKenElPescadoPeladoBrew_TrikjrunninMartinCraig Dmbrekk44rigpigbalsdorfsimonsen77EvanJames LangeAlexSmaggieruGranpa ChookPreachSwansonFastCat1107

• Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Checked off a goal early in 2018

MattTad_MachrowiczjamoozleM_WareKenElPescadoPeladobalsdorfCraig Dmbrekk44kjrunninwchevronStruangA_drizzleMartinRashAlexSmaggierusimonsen77fyrehaarElaine KPreachSwansonAaronWebstey

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    On my goal of "not being fat" and "get semi-fast" again I ran the Houston Half Marathon this weekend. Originally was running it with a friend but she got sick and backed out so I decided to go a bit faster and run with the 1:30 pace group. 2 miles in I was feeling good and pulling ahead of them so I went "fuck it" and went for it. Finished in 1:27 feeling good. Now I think I'm going to aim to BQ this year. Gotta run a 3:10, so really have to do a 3:05.

Robert RankinkjrunninwchevronMattJames LangeStruangM_WareCraig DjamoozleA_drizzleKenElPescadoPeladoMartinRashAlexSsimonsen77fyrehaarmbrekk44AaronWebstey
  • Options
    That’s why I love the Roost! We come together to support an epic goal... in this case, getting Mitch to take a shot.

In all seriousness, I’m out of tri for this year. I’m bored of swimming and running is stupid. It’s a year of cycling for me. I have a goal of 7500 miles, which Strava is kind of enough to remind me I’m losing ground on. In terms of races, lots of early season gravel and then switching to mountain bike. I am one of the worlds worst mountain bikers so I signed up for some epically difficult races, including quite possibly the hardest in the country.

April - Barry roubaix 100 mile (gravel)
    May - HellKaat Hundie (gravel)
    May - MI Coast 2 Coast (209 miles of gravel)
    June - Lumberjack 100 (mtb)
    September - Marji Gesick (mtb)
    simonsen77M_WareEvilTwinRobert RankinfyrehaarCraig DA_drizzleKenElPescadoPeladoMattMortAaronWebstey
  • Options
    Congrats Mitch!

My 2018 Goals:

-Develop some kind of consistency in my life.(I've moved 13 times and had 5 different jobs in the past 5 years.)
    -Be more positive!
    -Run an Ultra Marathon(Debating between 50k and 50 miles, race suggestions welcome!)
    -Travel to a new city every month! Also taking suggestions! January=Sedona, AZ

2018 Race List
    Sedona Half Marathon
    70.3 Madison WI
    AG Nats in Cleveland
    An unknown Ultra!
    M_WareMattkjrunninMortJohns622AaronWebstey
  • Options
    Ultra suggestion if you're up for travel is to do one of Rainshadow's races. Great races, better after parties.

I think this would be great for a team event because it would stretch the team budget. Local beer and a post-race spread is provided by Rainshadow. Deception Pass 25/50 run the same weekend usually, the course isn't too difficult and is held in the off-season (December). Typically sells out quickly.

http://www.rainshadowrunning.com/
    Brew_TriGranpa ChookAaronWebstey

• Options
    kjrunnin said:

Ultra suggestion if you're up for travel is to do one of Rainshadow's races. Great races, better after parties.

I think this would be great for a team event because it would stretch the team budget. Local beer and a post-race spread is provided by Rainshadow. Deception Pass 25/50 run the same weekend usually, the course isn't too difficult and is held in the off-season (December). Typically sells out quickly.

http://www.rainshadowrunning.com/

This looks pretty cool! Isnt it cold though? What are temps like in oregon in december?
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, TRS/Baucco Officers
    Ultra, come do the Hennepin 100, flat fast and Fire Ball offered from aid station #2 (10.6 miles) onward
    Brew_TriM_Warembrekk44Tad_MachrowiczKenElPescadoPeladofyrehaar
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    Brew_Tri said:

This looks pretty cool! Isnt it cold though? What are temps like in oregon in december?

Deception Pass is further north - Washington. I did the 25K a few years ago and it was fine in a long sleeve run jersey & tights. However a few weekends earlier I was down for the weekend to Prerun part of the course and it was something like -12 Celsius with gale force winds and our water froze in the tubes of our packs. So... yeah it can be cold!
    Granpa Chook

• Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    If anyone needs any Leadville or other crazy ultra run pacers in CO, count me in! This summer I’m taking a triathlon hiatus and focusing on some longer mountain bike races instead, like Silver Rush, Leadville 100 and (scariest of all) Telluride 100!
    MortkjrunninM_Warembrekk44Tad_MachrowiczRobert RankinCraig DBrew_TriKenElPescadoPeladofyrehaarAaronWebstey
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    jrielley1406jrielley1406 Member, Pro Triathlete
    To not finish last pro at all my races! First year racing professionally so should be interesting to say the least!
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladowchevronkjrunninEvilTwinRobert Rankinsimonsen77Granpa ChookTad_MachrowiczCraig DfyrehaarAaronWebsteyStruangBrew_Trimaggieru
    First year “pro” triathlete and first time dad! So basically freaking out on a day to day basis...

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch