frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Treadmill buying advice

Comments

• Options
    I run on a Sole F80 for the price I think it's hard to beat.
  • Options
    jayrod said:

That’s good to hear. Someone posted an F80 locally today for $300. Checking it out in the AM. If it’s legit it’ll save me $200 and 4 hours of driving.
    KenElPescadoPelado

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options

jayrod said:

That’s good to hear. Someone posted an F80 locally today for $300. Checking it out in the AM. If it’s legit it’ll save me $200 and 4 hours of driving.
    $300 down the drain there. Motor control board shit the bed. Now trying to decide on buying a new Proform pro 2000 which is on sale for under $900 or spending $300+ on a new board
    kjrunninM_WareJames LangeCraig_DTad_MGentlemanJerseyDavefyrehaarKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    so i'm looking at getting a treadmill especially with connectivity with Zwift. does anyone know what the best treadmill is for that? there are so many options that i get overwhelmed and can't make a decision

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    There isn’t a treadmill that connects directly to Zwift, I don’t believe there is. Any treadmill + a foot pod.

Leaning towards just getting a new one. One I bought used is 7 years old and Sole won’t cover anything because I’m not original owner. Plus I can always find something to add to my bike, but $600 would only put a dent in the things I want

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    It snowed in Florida today, and I ran outside. I prefer outside. Treadmill is more for the missus and when I run out of time playing Mr mom and don’t want to get up at 4am or run at 11pm
    Evan

• Options

There isn’t a treadmill that connects directly to Zwift, I don’t believe there is. Any treadmill + a foot pod.

https://www.wahoofitness.com/devices/accessories/wahoo-gymconnect-retrofit-kit

Wahoo will use this little doohicky to take the data from a treadmill and export it to something like Zwift to be more accurate. So basically you just need a treadmill with CSAFE (evidently pretty common) and convert it to a 2017 treadmill
    Robert Rankin

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    jrielley1406jrielley1406 Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    @Robert Rankin I’m leaning towards the sole f80 as well. Was going to buy used but I got scared with no warranty transfer so if one thing went wrong the price would even itself out.

I too prefer running outside, even at -10 we get in Chicago!, but just had our first baby so shorter runs would be ideal for treadmill in case the wife needed something. And so she can use us since it’s too damn cold here for her to go on walks.

Robert Rankin
    “Pro” triathlete and dad to a crazy, wild, and fun little girl! So basically freaking out on a day to day basis...
  • Options
    @jrielley1406 that’s exactly where I’m at now. Buying used works great for some, but it’s a gamble. I gambled and loss this one. Ordered the ProForm while it was on sale last night. Specs seem similar to the F80 (3.5 HP motor, 12mph, same deck size) and they do interest free for 18 months, so it’s cheaper than a gym membership.

• Options
    @Robert Rankin that’s what I was thinking about doing today with the sale. I’m over analyzing it. I also wish I could test the Proform before but I don’t think I’ll be able to.
    “Pro” triathlete and dad to a crazy, wild, and fun little girl! So basically freaking out on a day to day basis...
  • Options
    Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
    edited January 2018
    If you do, give them a call to order and see if you can get yesterday’s price. Their holiday sale has been on for two months, but yesterday it was $877 through ProForm (as opposed to the $1299 it is today. I don't think anyone ever pays $1999). Think it was same price at amazon. I honestly haven’t ran on the ProForm but can’t imagine there being a huge difference in the sub $1500 price point treadmills. The specs with the 2000, F80, and C1750 from Nordictrack are all the same.

• Options
    @Robert Rankin I just ordered it! They were able to get me the same deal so just under $1100 with room delivery, going to basement and do not want to move it down there! So saves like $400 on the Sole F80. They sold out so don’t get a big shipment until next week or so but I hope I can get mine a bit sooner.

Update when you get yours to see how it is.
    Robert RankinKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    They quoted me 14 business days from the time it ships, so probably not until February. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of a broken treadmill in a month

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

They quoted me 14 business days from the time it ships, so probably not until February. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of a broken treadmill in a month

Put it outside next to the road with a $250 price on it. (add your phone number). It'll be stolen within 4 hours. If you put a free sign on it, it will sit there for ever.
    M_WareRobert RankinkjrunninMattKenElPescadoPeladoMartinmaggieruAaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options

Put it outside next to the road with a $250 price on it. (add your phone number). It'll be stolen within 4 hours. If you put a free sign on it, it will sit there for ever.
    Not a bad idea. I’ve listed it for free on Craigslist but mentioned it needed a motor board. Not a single call

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    My town lets me put it out by the cans for pickup. Furniture, appliances, renovation demo stuff. Just need to slap a $2 sticker on it and the city facilities crew comes by to grab it. Though I've never bothered with the sticker, and stuff has always disappeared within a day, including 20 year old, over the range microwave with the power cord chopped. Somebody will find value in it.
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

My town lets me put it out by the cans for pickup. Furniture, appliances, renovation demo stuff. Just need to slap a $2 sticker on it and the city facilities crew comes by to grab it. Though I've never bothered with the sticker, and stuff has always disappeared within a day, including 20 year old, over the range microwave with the power cord chopped. Somebody will find value in it.

Sweet deal. I have a futon and a piano to unload. I feel like if I put them by the curb, I’m just facilitating a lot of shitty concerts featuring Chopsticks.

M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaron Webstey

• Options
    What I'm getting from this is either the Sole F80 or the Proform 2000? Is there a major drop in quality/value in going with the Sole F63/F65? Dicks Sporting Goods is selling them all for 50% off right now and for $900 that F63 seems to be a really reasonable offer.
  • Options
    @et5504 check out treadmillreviews if you haven’t already. I remember looking at the 63 and reading the motor might not be best for the pounding of using it a lot. But I could be wrong!

I was set on the Sole F80 but then the Pro2000 has that crazy deal and I went with that.

If you’re getting one go right to Sole and talk to them. No sales tax and they offered me $100 off so the f80 was like $1400 total.
  • Options
    Proform will give me the $899 price still - so, I'll confirm with the wife before making the splurge. I can't imagine that I'll find a better deal than that.
  • Options
    I just read to get at least a 3.5 HP motor which is why I didn't look at the F63. Didn't see any negatives with the proform treadmill other than their customer service isn't the greatest, but hopefully I won't need them. The proform and sole look identical on the spec sheet. The whole reason I went with the proform was it was $400 cheaper and it was nice to be able to do 18 months interest free and not take another $1000 out of the bank right after the holidays.

Someone actually bought my broken treadmill off craigslist, so that was only a $200 mistake.
    Tad_M

• Options
    I might have to call to see if I can still do the financing! Not that the $1000 is a massive hit but interest free is always a good thing. Frees up a little extra money in the bank account that way.
    Robert Rankin
  • Options
    My thoughts exactly on the financing. Now when I try and buy bike parts during the season the odds of having the treadmill cost thrown in my face is lessened
    kjrunninTad_Met5504

• Options
    @Robert Rankin well, I'm the proud new owner of a Pro2000. I think the Google Maps programming and being able to create routes is really cool. So between the Kickr and this treadmill, I should be able to virtually ride and run the entire IM Wisconsin course. not sure if that'll be depressing or motivating. F YOU WISCONSIN WINTERS!
    Craig_DTad_MRobert Rankin
  • Options
    Wow, really hoping this thing doesn’t suck now. Set an appointment today with the freight company to drop it off Monday. I have a marathon the day before but hopefully can have it put together that night.
    et5504

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Just need to slap a $2 sticker on it and the city facilities crew comes by to grab it.

Are you sure it's not the paperboy?

Robert Rankinsimonsen77et5504Tad_M
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Looks like my Pro2000 shipped! Can’t wait to get it and test it out. Now time to get the area ready.
    Robert Rankin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch