frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

2018 Goals and Challenges

Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
Post your 2018 goals here. Feel free to challenge others to achieve greatness!

I personally need to find a better sense of humour. I also challenge @kjrunnin to drink enough wine to build this tree out of the empties and put it up in her yard next Christmas.
Canadian Division
M_WareccochraneTad_MkjrunninStruangAaron WebsteyMamaCheetahKenElPescadoPeladomaggierufyrehaarHSeeley14Brew_Tri

Comments

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    First, I need to do some of this, as far as being a cycling weenie—

in order to achieve more of this—

2017 was the year of swimming. I need to shoot for more balance between swim & bike in 2018.

Tad_MCraig_DkjrunninAaron WebsteyMamaCheetahKenElPescadoPeladoHSeeley14Brew_Tri
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    My main goal is to stop accidentally renovating my home. Who knew a 75 year old bathroom faucet would break when trying to clean it out to restore hot water flow? Pretty fun New Year’s Eve, that was.

I should probably get a job, too.
    Craig_DM_WareAaron WebsteyMamaCheetahTad_MKenElPescadoPeladofyrehaarHSeeley14Brew_Tri
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Craig D said:

I also challenge @kjrunnin to drink enough wine to build this tree out of the empties and put it up in her yard next Christmas.

Isn't this supposed to be something difficult? That's a test of my crafty-handy skills, not my wine consumption... Kidding! (sort of)

My goals for 2018 include doing a little less of certain things: less spending, less TV (trainer Netflix doesn't count), less social media, and yes... less wine. I hope the BC & California wine industries will be OK.

Also:
    Run 2018 kms.
    Find a run PB somewhere, anywhere, to prove my best days aren't behind me.
    Eliminate a debt.
    Do 18 things I've never done before.
    Read 25 books.
    M_WareStruangAaron WebsteyMamaCheetahCraig_DTad_MKenElPescadoPeladomaggierufyrehaarHSeeley14Brew_Tri

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    1. Lose 30 lbs (I am currently 206lbs and stand only 5'10")
    2. Less booze
    3. Eat the occasional vegetable
    4. Do a triathalon

Basically everything is geared toward goal #1, as I'd like to live long enough to watch my kids graduate university/community college/beauty school/etc and it's not looking good as it stands right now.
    kjrunninjamoozleM_WareMamaCheetahJames LangeCraig_DTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoPreachSwansonmaggieruHSeeley14Brew_Tri
    #KOAT
  • Options

as I'd like to live long enough to watch my kids graduate university/community college/beauty school/etc and it's not looking good as it stands right now.

not looking good that you'll live or that your kids will graduate anything?
    wchevronMamaCheetahCraig_DKHilgendorfM_WareStruangMartinRashHSeeley14

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Evan said:

as I'd like to live long enough to watch my kids graduate university/community college/beauty school/etc and it's not looking good as it stands right now.

not looking good that you'll live or that your kids will graduate anything?
    Ha!! There are days when the answer is 'both', but I was referring to my own death by obesity-related ailments becoming increasingly likely.
    MamaCheetahEvanBrew_Tri
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, POTM
    Can't take credit for this, but it's a funny worth reposting from another group I belong to (yes, I'm popular):
    "My 2017 resolution was to lose 20 lbs. Only 30 lbs to go !!"
    Craig_DAaron WebsteyTad_MrigpigM_WareKenElPescadoPeladoHSeeley14
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, POTM
    edited January 2018
    My 2018 goal is to get the F*bomb up out of Chicago ASAP .... -20F with wind chill right now (-29C for the Canadians' reference). And before anyone replies with "...... blah blah blah, it's so much colder in (insert dumb fucking place to also live, here)". Misery doesn't love company. :)
    kjrunninCraig_DAaron WebsteyTad_MM_WareFastCat1107Rashet5504HSeeley14Brew_Tri
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member

You disgust me. I'm 5'10" and a respectable 199lbs. Pull yourself together man!

My one and only goal this year is IM Canada, and like Westey losing weight and eating well are part of that.

Craig_DMamaCheetahkjrunninHSeeley14Brew_Tri

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    1. Successfully outsource my goal setting to @kjrunnin for 2019
    2. Find a way to start running again with at least manageable pain
    3. Better my sprint PR from last year even if my run is slower
    4. Get at least 15 Roosters/TRS/Baucco/Others to attend the #Sworry Trials
    5. Berate @AaronWebstey into modeling his secret santa gift, regardless of his weight status
    6. Get another person to pick up the sport of triathlon in a sane/rational manner (3 for 3 2015-2017)
    MamaCheetahkjrunninM_Waresimonsen77Granpa ChookStruangCraig_DAaron WebsteyPreachSwansonKelly O'MaramaggierufyrehaarHoltyBrew_Tri
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited January 2018

My 2018 goal is to get the F*bomb up out of Chicago ASAP .... -20F with wind chill right now (-29C for the Canadians' reference). And before anyone replies with "...... blah blah blah, it's so much colder in (insert dumb fucking place to also live, here)". Misery doesn't love company. :)

Aw... It's so warm in the city. Way out here at the end of the green line it was -30 F w/ wind chill when my wife walked over this morning. I was still in bed snuggling my kids and dog.
    MamaCheetahTad_Met5504
  • Options
    rigpigrigpig Member, Rooster Endurance Member

2. Less booze
    4. Do a triathalon

Basically everything is geared toward goal #1, as I'd like to live long enough to watch my kids graduate university/community college/beauty school/etc and it's not looking good as it stands right now.

FUCK THE VEGETABLE WEBSTEY!
    MamaCheetahMattCraig_DAaron WebsteyTad_MHSeeley14Brew_Tri

Kevin Brydges
    You're the rig guy? You don't look like you worked on rigs....
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    1. I'd like to PR my Ironman this year

2. Do more strength work to hopefully prevent some injuries

3. Convince my kids to go to sleep before I do so I can have some sex with my wife. These teen kids staying up late is killing my sex life.

James LangeStruangCraig_DEvanMartinAaron WebsteyFastCat1107Tad_MBrew_Tri
  • Options
    rigpig said:

2. Less booze
    4. Do a triathalon

FUCK THE VEGETABLE WEBSTEY!
    Which vegetable?

My biggie as usual is to be less fat.
    Racing less, so I’d like some PR’s when I do race.

Aaron WebsteyTad_M

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    The last two years have been all about fixing my hip and figuring out if I can even run again. I (slowly) ran the Marine Corps Marathon in October with no pain. My doc was pseudo-happy since I need surgery on the left hip but I have no pain so that means no surgery. I've been treating life like it's house money for the moment. Smart? I think so, I know I have to have surgery again so why not do what I love until then. I'm more focused on swimming distance out of self preservation but I plan to push things a bit.

- Lose 8-10 pounds
    - Chicago Marathon - October 2018
    - Cape May 5K swim - June 2018
    - Atlantic City 70.3 - September 2018 (maybe)
    - Local races
    - Drink better scotch
    - Kick ass, take on a new business venture and spend more time with my boy.
    M_WareCraig_DwchevronAaron WebsteyTad_M

Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete

• Options
    EvilTwinEvilTwin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    This will be my first season so
    - Don't Die
    - Don't DFL (more than once :-) the first race just don't DNF)
    - Beat a certain person in a local road race (he beat me three times last year 10k or less by less than 10 seconds each time)
    - Stay healthy all season and stay fit, currently down to 179 from 245 last Nov but yoyo'd last year due to injury and food......
    - Complete an Ultra distance race
    - Complete an Olympic distance race end of season
    M_WarekjrunninCraig_DwchevronJohns622Aaron WebsteyTad_MmaggierufyrehaarGentlemanJerseyDaveHSeeley14
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Drink the same, eat the same, exercise smarter, finish last.

(At least my wife will be happy with the last one.)
    kjrunninEvilTwinCraig_DwchevronMattEvansimonsen77Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MmaggierufyrehaarGentlemanJerseyDaveHSeeley14Brew_Tri
  • Options
    Johns622Johns622 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    - Drop another 20 pounds
    - 3:25 at Eugene Marathon and hopefully 3:20 in Chicago
    - Get revenge on IM WI 70.3
    - Finish Gran Fondo Hincapie (This race is tough)
    - Drink less
    M_WareCraig_DMartinAaron WebsteyTad_MGentlemanJerseyDaveHSeeley14
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Average 20+ miles a week running.
    Cut down on the late night desserts and see if I can get down to 180.
    Meet more of y'all IRL. #Sworrytrials2018 should help.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyJohns622Tad_MA_drizzleGentlemanJerseyDave
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Off to a great start

wchevronMartinRobert RankinCraig_DM_WareTad_Msimonsen77James LangemaggieruGentlemanJerseyDaveHSeeley14Evanccochrane
    #KOAT
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    2018 Goals: Finish all my races! Do 6 Triathlons and 3 Ultra runs. Run in Africa for pleasure, not because I'm being chased.
    EvilTwinCraig_DkjrunninAaron WebsteyTad_Mfyrehaar
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Off to a great start

STEP AWAY FROM THOSE TURDUCKEN LEFTOVERS.
    Craig_DStruangAaron WebsteyTad_MKenElPescadoPeladomaggieruHSeeley14
  • Options

Off to a great start

Right there with you. Marathon in 11 days, sitting on couch drinking beer playing xbox. Ya know, like an athlete
    PreachSwansonEvilTwinCraig_DkjrunninAaron WebsteyTad_Msimonsen77Johns622MartinmaggieruGentlemanJerseyDaveHSeeley14Evan

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    All worthy goals everyone. Keep us all posted on progress even if it means posting an upside down photo of the scale reading. For me this year
    - write (and pass) 4 government exams
    - Race one full IM this year
    - Get to 180 lbs this year. Scared to look at the scale right now
    - Plan a fun summer vacation with my kids -the last one graduates high school in the spring.
    M_WareTad_MHSeeley14
    Canadian Division
  • Options

Off to a great start

This is just preparation for the storm. You can never be too careful.
    KenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DAaron WebsteyHSeeley14
  • Options
    @Martin as if there are ever turducken leftovers
    MartinKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey man I was where you were last year. Had put on a bunch of weight after the kids due to lack of exercising and too much late night eating when I was up with them. It sucks balls, my logging food with something like MyFitnessPal helped me get back on track by forcing me to pay attention to what I ate. I didn't try to limit myself to a particular diet just watched my volume. That plus starting to run again got me to drop 25 lbs in 4 months.

You will hate life for a little while but it sounds like you aren't happy with things right now either... Good luck!
    Craig_DTad_MHoltyAaron WebsteySdog
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    edited January 2018
    I have lots of goals for 2018. First, is to transition from using a walker to a cane. I am close, I can walk pretty well with two canes. Even though I will look like a pimp with my cane, I hope that I can be walking with no assistance at some point in 2018. Second, I would like to be able to swim between 3000-4000 yards per pool session by sometime late winter or early spring. I am around 1500-1800 right now, and definitely see lots of room for improvement. Third, I would like to be riding bike outside by spring. I can spin for 5-10 minutes on my trainer and am not even close to being able to get on and off a bicycle myself. I also need to find the right saddle that will work with my mangled up gooch. I damaged an aweful lot of tendons and the nerves down there are pretty wild, but I am confident that I will find something. Fourth, is something happening right next week. I get to have my colostomy reversed!!! It will be wonderful to not have a shit bag hanging off of my stomach. Hopefully the surgery goes well. I will also be getting more hardware out of my back. I think this will take place around May or June. There are a couple rods holding the weight of my upper body on my pelvis while my spine continues to heal. The doctor said everything is healing great, and they are very pleased with my progression. Once the rods are removed, I should become more flexible, which would be GREAT. Next, I will learn to put my own damn shoes and socks on. With improving flexibility and mobility I hope to become more independent. I am tired of asking people to help me with little things and can't wait to be self sufficient. I think all of these goals are pretty attainable, and I will work my ass off to get there. The goal for 2019 is to rock to dirty kanza 200, and getting back on skis. Triathlon is not in the picture for the foreseeable future, due to running. I might try an aquabike though!
    M_WarejamoozleKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninMattmaggieruCraig_Dsimonsen77wchevronTad_MfyrehaarJennifer PostbalsdorfEvilTwineremillongAaron WebsteyGranpa ChookGentlemanJerseyDaveMartinRashet5504Steve HalewskiHSeeley14SdogEvanFastCat1107Brew_TriMaddie_McKPreachSwansonccochrane
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'm planning to race my first duathlon this year. Also repeating 4 events that I've raced in the past, so I hope to whittle my time down at each one. Most importantly, at Challenge Aruba!
    Aside from racing, I'm aiming to GTFO from the overcrowded SF Bay area, ideally to Ventura so @scotty and I can set up a room just like Step Brothers.
    In the more immediate future, I'm trying to survive January without any alcohol. A little human experiment to see if I drop any weight, but also hoping it will drop my tolerance to where I'm once again a cheap date. Sworry in advance, I may not have much to contribute to Friday Night Boozing for a while!
    M_WareCraig_Dsimonsen77Tad_MfyrehaarEvilTwinAaron Websteyet5504Sdog
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    1 - one race of some kind a month so that
    2 - I don't turn into a potato from September to January as has been my wont the last ten damn years
    3 - deadlift in the triple digits
    4 - Platinum Horizon: Zero Dawn
    5 - Actually get some proper swim coaching so that 2:30/100 stops looking like a great pace
    Tad_MM_WareCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninsimonsen77Aaron Websteyet5504Sdog

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch