frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

POTM November 2017 - UPDATED SCORING

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
As we've all seen in the past, the POTM scores can be wildly influenced by people getting badges (there's a flurry of em for new users, e.g.). Under the old system, the POTM would have had over 40 points per post due to having only a few posts but receiving a high-points badge in November. If you discount those badges, however, their PPP is around 3 and they're not even in the top 10.

As I have promised give out POTM prizes when Patreon pledges reach $25/month, I felt I had to tighten this system up - so as of today, badge points are no longer included in the POTM calculations. This means your POTM points are a hard calculation of exactly how much everybody likes you, and the change will leave us admins free to create and award badges without worrying about messing up POTM results.

Without further adieu, your POTM for November is (finally!!) ... @mbrekk44 !!!

And as always, sorted by (also non-badge) points only:
#KOAT
kjrunninJohns622Craig_Dellsworth53tKenElPescadoPeladoMattmbrekk44PreachSwanson

Comments

• Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    Thank you for all the sympathy likes! Who knew that flying under a Kia would make me such a tri roost star? It almost makes it all worth it.
    M_Waresimonsen77James LangePreachSwansonAaron WebsteyJennifer PostmaggieruRobert RankinMamaCheetah
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited December 2017
    Congratulations @mbrekk44!
    @AaronWebstey this point tracking seems a lot like “Who’s Line Is It Anyway”... and you are our Drew Carey.
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DMamaCheetah
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    M_Ware said:

Congratulations @mbrekk44!
    @AaronWebstey this point tracking seems a lot like “Who’s Line Is It Anyway”... and you are our Drew Carey.

Yeah, I'm just like Steve Patterson from The Debaters!! Amirite everyone!!?? ... Canadians at least?? ... hello

It is hilarious you'll see
    Martin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Was it really a Kia? When friends bring up training accidents in conversations, I always shut them down by telling them your story and amazing recovery. But I always thought it was a big ol’ truck. I think at some point I took creative license and started saying the truck was rolling coal.

I like my version better so think I will stick with it.
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyMartinCraig_DkjrunninwchevronTad_MmaggieruRobert RankinMattMamaCheetah
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @Jennifer Post If you also say it was in Alberta everyone will immediately understand

M_WareKenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostTad_MMamaCheetah
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM

Was it really a Kia? When friends bring up training accidents in conversations, I always shut them down by telling them your story and amazing recovery. But I always thought it was a big ol’ truck. I think at some point I took creative license and started saying the truck was rolling coal.

I like my version better so think I will stick with it.

Yeah, it was just a Kia. Small SUV/crossover type of vehicle. They actually had to get it towed back into town. I guess it was something to do with the steering and too much shaking from hitting a fully grown adult, 175 pound, Caucasian male
    Jennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetah
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Congrats @mbrekk44 !!! Best wishes for great holidays, and not winning POTM again. (That will mean you're outside working and playing) Get out there soon!
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostMamaCheetah
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Pretty sure I’m the 40-44 men’s champ. I’ll take an AG podium any day!
    M_WareAaron WebsteyCraig_DkjrunninmaggieruMamaCheetah
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options

Pretty sure I’m the 40-44 men’s champ. I’ll take an AG podium any day!

I'm just waiting for you all to test positive for ostarine so I can claim my rightful 3rd place.
    Aaron Websteysimonsen77Craig_DTad_MkjrunninM_WareKenElPescadoPeladomaggieruJennifer PostMamaCheetah
    I think I found my tribe of assholes.
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    mbrekk44 said:

Yeah, it was just a Kia. Small SUV/crossover type of vehicle. They actually had to get it towed back into town. I guess it was something to do with the steering and too much shaking from hitting a fully grown adult, 175 pound, Caucasian male

Amazed all over again. We should call you Ant Man for wrecking a car 20 times your weight just by falling into it. What kind of milk do you drink, btw, @mbrekk44??

maggieruM_Waresimonsen77Aaron WebsteyCraig_DJennifer PostMamaCheetah
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    FYI, Mitch will in fact receive the first ever POTM prize (one t-shirt). Congrats again!!
    Jennifer PostM_WareTad_MmaggieruMamaCheetah
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    well the suggested ads are gonna be all screwed up now.... @Jennifer Post @Melanie
    ads.jpg 61.5K
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareCraig_DJennifer Post
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Matt said:

Box rims FT mother f’in W!
    Aaron WebsteyjamoozleTad_Msimonsen77KenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch