frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Island House Tri media

Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
I know that the focus for Island House Tri is their broadcast after the event but I have to say I still expected more. I think their coverage this year went backwards from the first two years. It's like they didn't even try this year after seeing what Superleague does.

And just WTH is this "highlights" video from the first day? It's like a high school kid discovered slomo for the first. time.

https://youtu.be/QCbI2HFJ7pU

I did enjoy the Instagram updates from the athletes though and the actual racing the last day seemed exciting.
M_WarePevashishDaul

Comments

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    WTF? __h_e_l_l_o__s_l_o_w_m_o_t_i_o_n__
    Jennifer PostPevashishDaul
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    I haven't seen that much slow motion since the 6 Million Dollar Man.

M_WareAaron WebsteyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoJennifer PostPevashishDaulTad_M
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    It's really pretty insane. Especially when labeled as a highlights video. You could watch the full clip and still not know what the standings were after the first day of racing.

Sadly, I am eagerly awaiting the upload of today's highlights. Will it also be in all slomo? I wonder if he was contractually obligated to deliver a 6min highlights video and didn't have enough video at regular speed to fill 6 mins so he went slomo....

M_WareCraig_DkjrunninEmilyCocksGranpa ChookKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Maltayloraus
  • Options
    i found myself not caring at all this year about island house whereas last year i was really into it.
    Jennifer Post

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    Talbot made a few interesting videos that I first became aware of during Kona which were more "Day in the Life" style, however after watching a few of those I got bored of the non-stop slow motion/overhead drone footage. This was more of that.

As for Island House, I think SuperLeague beat them up and took their lunch money. The fact they have long course athletes in there at all shows this was more meant as a paid vacation than a real race. They either need to amend the format to give the long course folks a chance or stop inviting them. I know Bozzone took second, but he at least has a short course pedigree.

Nice pay day though!
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoJennifer Post
  • Options
    Stage 3 highlights video is up. More slomo but at least they are running slomo on the beach so it brings back memories of Baywatch.

Worth a watch though if you scroll to the end to around 2:50 to see the overhead drone footage of the last few 100 meters between Bozzone and Kanute. Killer sprint finish.

M_WareAaron WebsteyMattKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Good lord ... I wonder how fast Kanute was going for those last 20m or so??

Triathlon's next great meme: 'how i feel in the Ironman finishing chute' (kanute sprinting) vs 'how I look in the Ironman finishing chute' (Julie Moss hobbling in 1982)
    RashmaggieruJennifer PostTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

running slomo on the beach so it brings back memories of Baywatch.

Sadly, that's just the CEOs.

Overhead drone footage of the last few 100 meters between Bozzone and Kanute. Killer sprint finish.

WOW
    Jennifer Post
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    At about 2:00 - "@TZaferes, get out of the shot FFS!!"
    Jennifer Postidking90
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    That ending was cool, but that music made me want to murder a hamster.
    M_WareJennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladoRashJames Langeidking90
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Honestly only watched for the sprint finish footage. “Highlights” of slow motion of people swimming, riding, and running without any context isn’t going to engage me a whole lot.
    Jennifer PostMark_after_Dark
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Here's reason #256 why Challenge Aruba > Island House:

idking90wchevronOverBiker_SamCraig_DJennifer Postkjrunnin
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Had to bring this thread up again now that Island House Tri and athletes are promoting the race video now on YouTube. WITH commercials embedded. WTH?

Are they just trying to earn what little money they can with an old program or is it part of promotion leading up to announcing another race? I assumed it was dead.

I tried to watch but gave up when the first block of commercials started.

Funniest part was about 5 minutes in with an interview segment with Alycia Kaye saying how Gwen isn’t racing but she’s here to give expert insights as commentator. Cut to race scene with Gwen saying, “The athletes came to compete. They want to win.” Haha. Expert trolling by the editor.
    M_WareAaron Webstey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch