frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Newbies - aka just like me

EvilTwinEvilTwin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
Hey just thought I'd post something for those of us that are new to intro ourselves.

New to tri - check
Getting back in shape - half check, I started last year when I got sober but had an injury this spring from over training that cost me quite awhile
Needs advice - half check.....I also have Preach for this.....might have to call him coach who knows.....but the good twin does encourage well

Outside of that I'm a 37 year old father of 2 little minions, I sell POS for when people's system becomes a POS and am a former HR guy (had to fire myself :-) ) who hunts, runs steady aka slow, learning the bike and grateful that I have webbed feet as that in theory will help my swim. I have a series of running and now a biking race before my first tri next year (QC Tri) which I signed up for already. Outside of that I'm just good look'n and modest hahaha.
M_WareMattKuchwchevronsimonsen77Aaron WebsteyAlexSkjrunninidking90Craig_DTad_MPreachSwansonellsworth53tRobert RankinyournotuniqueMamaCheetahBrent_R

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Welcome @EvilTwin (or should I pull out a vague Simpsons reference and call you Hugo?)

Also, shout out to @Stonewall1315

hey @kjrunnin WHAT DID YOU DO??
    M_WarekjrunninAaron WebsteyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Mellsworth53tyournotuniqueMamaCheetah
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Happy wife, happy life.
    M_WareItsShugsimonsen77MattAaron WebsteyMartinKenElPescadoPeladoTad_Mellsworth53tyournotuniqueMamaCheetahAlexSBrent_R

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @EvilTwin the TriRoost experience will probably be more enjoyable for newbies like you if you learn some of the lore. For the legend of HJ Eyes, here is http://therealstarky.libsyn.com/trs66-lionel-sanders. The whole episode is great, but the myth begins around 8 minutes in.
    MattAaron WebsteyTad_M
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Welcome, @EvilTwin . This is a silly place, but we do love triathlon for the most part.
    MamaCheetah
    #KOAT
  • Options
    DerekLDerekL Member
    edited November 2017
    Couple of general guidelines. If Webstey is in the bathroom, and it's a-rockin', don't come a-knockin'. And we all love Cocks around here.

Also Ben is an asshole, but he's our asshole.
    Aaron Websteykjrunninsimonsen77M_WareCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoidking90Tad_MyournotuniqueMamaCheetahAlexSNotSoFatLew
    I think I found my tribe of assholes.
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Welcome @EvilTwin! , if the good twin (allegedly) makes his way to Michigan to visit in August, perhaps you can join.
    Binge the podcasts, much of this silliness then makes sense.
    M_WareAaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Feels weird to say hello to your twin on a forum. Anyway, quit telling people about your racing goals and start with the fun stuff...

M_WareMamaCheetah
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM

Feels weird to say hello to your twin on a forum. Anyway, quit telling people about your racing goals and start with the fun stuff...

Yeah, tell us some embarrassing stories about @PreachSwanson
    Aaron WebsteyMartinKenElPescadoPeladoMattMamaCheetahTad_M
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Welcome, theEvilSwanson
    Aaron WebsteyMamaCheetah
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited November 2017

Welcome, theEvilSwanson

I wish I had en evil twin.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyMamaCheetahTad_M
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Martin said:

Welcome, theEvilSwanson

I wish I had en evil twin.
    I thought you had one, and his name was @AaronWebstey ?
    M_WareAaron WebsteyMattsimonsen77Craig_DMamaCheetahTad_M
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I have an evil twin. His name is Josh. John. I meant John. It''s totally not me. That's crazy talk. Absolutely it's somebody else.
    Craig_DKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Just remember when dealing with us that a positive multiplied by a negative is always a negative
    Aaron WebsteyEvilTwinkjrunninCraig_DMamaCheetahAlexSTad_M
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    EvilTwinEvilTwin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    wchevron said:

Yeah, tell us some embarrassing stories about @PreachSwanson
    Well alright.... It started pretty early with me and Preach. I sold him to the cloth while in the womb, I need some collateral with God, then kicked him into second place. Later right before his first start at QB I showed that I am the Tanya Harding to his Nancy Kerrigan style by slicing his throwing hand. Later I enjoyed picking on him puking up a fine black and tan Mississippi Muuud. It's why in college we were known as GST and EST. Remember though when you multiply a negative and a positive you get EST 2.
    Aaron WebsteykjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetah
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Somehow this seems appropriate here
    KenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetahM_WarePreachSwansonNotSoFatLewTad_M
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I have an evil twin. His name is Josh. John. I meant John. It''s totally not me. That's crazy talk. Absolutely it's somebody else.

Make that fucker pay for your busted iPad. Whatever he calls himself.
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, POTM
    Awwww. Now I want an evil twin !!! @KenElPescadoPelado are you game ? We do kinda look alike....
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch