frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Thank You

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of the TRS and Baucco folks for coming down to Aruba. Spending time with all of you was surprisingly inspiring and re-energizing. The conversations we had made me want to do a better job with the podcast, they made me appreciate the impact the show has on people, and you all made me want to get more deeply involved with the teams. The real world friendships I've made through this twitter and podcast nonsense are the only things of real value.

As you probably know, I signed up for IM Mont Tremblant in August. I may not do well, but I'll finish. Simply put, I have to get healthy or I'm going to die. Weeks before I decided to sign up for another Ironman, I decided that alcohol was providing little or no value to my life. I've cut it out and plan to for quite a while, maybe even permanently. Frankly, I haven't missed it a bit and I'm noticing some small but positive differences in overall mood and energy.

I've also committed to attending the TRS Baucco camp this Spring, so I hope to spend time with some of you there.

I've been a deadbeat and worthless figurehead as of late. 2018 will be different. Thanks for your continued support and involvement with the team, this failing forum and the podcast.

Questions, comments?
ellsworth53tMattCraig_DkjrunninDerekLM_Warembrekk44A_drizzleyournotuniquePevashishDaulbalsdorfMartinRobert RankinJennifer PostPreachSwansonccochraneAaron WebsteyOverBiker_SamAlexSRashGranpa ChookGentlemanJerseyDaveabussey1GasBombRyan HeislerNotSoFatLewrangamelJulieBethHSeeley14

Comments

• Options
    Question. Can we create the budgie smuggler photo at MT.

I’m here to support if you need and will at least make the trip up there to support.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyGasBombrangamelHSeeley14

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

• Options
    Zach, I'm still upset that you abandoned me and left me all alone in Fort Worth. You can be my personal bike mechanic, but I'd prefer if you sign up and race.
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'll feed you a poutine on the run course. Can't promise no Speedos.
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Ben, you don't know me, but I'm in Texas too. Most of us who've listened to you over the years feel like we know you because of how open you've been. If you need anything like somebody to train with, medical advice, or a kick in the nuts, I'm just down the road in Austin and up in DFW now and then.
    kjrunninAaron WebsteyHSeeley14
    I think I found my tribe of assholes.
  • Options
    DerekL said:

Ben, you don't know me, but I'm in Texas too. Most of us who've listened to you over the years feel like we know you because of how open you've been. If you need anything like somebody to train with, medical advice, or a kick in the nuts, I'm just down the road in Austin and up in DFW now and then.

I get all of my medical advice from Slowtwitch, but I'll take the kick in the nuts. Should have quite a good crew in DFW in terms of Baucco and TRS members. Looking forward to some good group efforts.

DerekLMartinCraig_DHSeeley14
  • Options
    Hi Ben, you don't know me either. I don't listen to many podcasts but never miss the always entertaining TRS Radio and it's good to hear you're back in business. Congrats on the decision to stop alcohol. I'm older than you but have done the same thing several times over the years, and although it's never been permanent (yet) it's always worthwhile and has many positive benefits. I probably have no right posting here since I'm a cheap bastard and not a patron, but considering at least a donation for now.
    Good luck with the training and happy new year and all that shit.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyHSeeley14
  • Options
    Mike, I appreciate the note.

By the way, as far as the donation and patronage thing is concerned, let me say that it is totally unnecessary and also greatly appreciated. If you're the type of person who can buy a fancy coffee drink anytime you want and supporting the podcast is just another expensive coffee drink that makes no difference to you financially, then by all means donate.

If you have to choose between a financial obligation like paying down credit card debt or donating to TRS, DO NOT DONATE. The show is free and will always be free.
    kjrunninM_WareRobert RankinAaron WebsteyPevashishDaulrangamelHSeeley14
  • Options
    Yup, understood :)
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    edited October 2017
    I thought you were banned. Did you give @AaronWebstey HJE in Aruba to get back in his good graces?

Glad the podcasts are back. After the last couple, sounded like you were moving away from triathlon and going to golf.
    GasBombEvanrangamelHSeeley14
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @wchevron don't you know what happens in the "vegas of the carribean" stays there....
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome back! Tremblant was my second IM earlier this year and I absolutely loved it... truly a special place! I was bitching to my team that we never have a weight loss challenge... instead we all go into hibernation about this time of year and come out in the spring looking like stuffed sausages. I decided to put my money where my mouth is and went ahead and started one and the response was huge. I expected 4-5 people and I think we ended up with close to 40. The accountability is fantastic. I'm not sure the ratio of fat to skinny bastards is on this site (I'm pretty sure I'm the only fat one on that OTHER site), but maybe a TRS weight loss challenge? That would make a huge difference in overall health and will help you next August as Duplessis is no joke!
    M_WareTad_MPreachSwanson
  • Options
    BHobbs said:

I just wanted to say that I really appreciate all of the TRS and Baucco folks for coming down to Aruba. Spending time with all of you was surprisingly inspiring and re-energizing. The conversations we had made me want to do a better job with the podcast, they made me appreciate the impact the show has on people, and you all made me want to get more deeply involved with the teams. The real world friendships I've made through this twitter and podcast nonsense are the only things of real value.

As you probably know, I signed up for IM Mont Tremblant in August. I may not do well, but I'll finish. Simply put, I have to get healthy or I'm going to die. Weeks before I decided to sign up for another Ironman, I decided that alcohol was providing little or no value to my life. I've cut it out and plan to for quite a while, maybe even permanently. Frankly, I haven't missed it a bit and I'm noticing some small but positive differences in overall mood and energy.

I've also committed to attending the TRS Baucco camp this Spring, so I hope to spend time with some of you there.

I've been a deadbeat and worthless figurehead as of late. 2018 will be different. Thanks for your continued support and involvement with the team, this failing forum and the podcast.

Questions, comments?

I have a question, who is your favorite wackpacker: Bigfoot, Beetlejuice or Gerlach?
    kjrunninTad_M
  • Options
    I don't get it. This must be Triroost inside humor. Anyway...
    idking90Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    You can always drink Kombucha like me ;)
    M_Ware
  • Options
    BHobbs said:

I don't get it. This must be Triroost inside humor. Anyway...

I thought you'd get the Stern reference given the style similarities i hear during your podcasts.
    Tad_M
  • Options
    So was Thomas Gerlach on the Howard Stern show?
  • Options
    Sure.
  • Options
    Still in better shape than me. Glad to hear you are making some positive moves.

Speaking of the whack pack - medicated pete rides the train from my town from time to time. Nice guy but it’s hard to forget some of the radio stuff and block it from your mind.
    Aaron WebsteyPevashishDaul

Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete

• Options
    I love medicated Pete.
    PevashishDaulGentlemanJerseyDave
  • Options
    Dammit, Ben. You said things were going to be different this time. Then you asked this absolutely ridiculous question. Beetlejuice. That is the only answer for anyone who understand the question is Beet. Just a ridiculous fucking question.

BHobbs said:

Questions, comments?

I have a question, who is your favorite wackpacker: Bigfoot, Beetlejuice or Gerlach?
    Tad_MPevashishDaul
  • Options
    "Who, me?"
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited November 2017
    @BHobbs Thanks. I don't speak for everyone, but I will anyway. We like having you around. You do a ton of work to make this happen. Most of us have been in-and-out (and in again) of the sport of triathlon. And we aren't even hosting a podcast. All of us burn out, or life gets in the way, but ultimately we come back. This group makes it fun and makes us want to come back when we're fried from real life.
    We are glad that this time it's you coming back.
    Aaron WebsteyBHobbsRashTad_MkjrunninAlexSNotSoFatLewEvanRobert RankinKenElPescadoPeladoKelly O'MararangamelCraig_DMamaCheetah
  • Options
    EvilTwinEvilTwin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Hey this is my first time into the frey, also need to get into better shape and for me the alcohol was a life or death decision. I've binged through your podcasts and they are great. Sounds like your a good man and have the same around ya.
    ellsworth53tMamaCheetahAaron WebsteyTad_MGasBomb

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch