frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

2018 Southwest US Tris

KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
Teammates, potential teammates and forum lurkers! Where are you racing next year in, let's say, California, Oregon, Nevada, and Arizona? I've got a short list of events I want to do, but hope to catch some others at more events than I end up rolling solo to.

Who's in for any of these, or has some others to suggest? I'd probably go outside CA for 1 or 2.

3/18 South Bay Sprint/Oly Duathlon, Morgan Hill CA
4/7 Beaver Freezer Sprint, Corvallis OR
4/22 Half Moon Bay Super Sprint/Oly
5/4-6 Wildflower, Lake San Antonio CA (definitely tailgating)
5/20 Morgan Hill Sprint (definitely racing)
6/1-2 Valor Games Super Sprint & 25/50/100yd Swim events, Coast Guard Island CA (open/free to any veteran with a VA rating)
[@scotty is there a date in June for Bass Lake?? I can't find anything.]
6/24 California Sprint/Oly, Pleasanton CA
7/7 Hagg Lake Sprint/Oly, Gaston OR
8/12 - Tri Santa Cruz Sprint/Oly (definitely racing)
9/9 Best In The West Sprint/Oly/Half (+ beer mile), Sweet Home OR
9/29 Las Vegas Sprint/Oly/Half, Lake Mead NV
Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado

Comments

• Options
    scottyscotty Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Oceanside 70.3 in early April
    Wildflower in early May
    Breath of Life in Ventura in late May
    Bass Lake in early June (usually the weekend after Memorial Day)
    Santa Barbara Long course and sprint in late August

Might do Malibu for the first time in early September.
    KenElPescadoPelado
    ______

• Options
    Tad_MachrowiczTad_Machrowicz Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I don't think you can do 8/12 Santa Cruz...... too close to your destiny with the Sworry Trials. just sayin.
    simonsen77

• Options
    @Tad_Machrowicz that was strategically placed so I could ensure I'd be the sworriest...and then resume prep for Aruba.
    Tad_Machrowicz
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Possibly CDA 70.3 in June. I know it’s not on your list but it should be!

What about Ironman Canada (July) full or 70.3. Your dollar goes about 25% further...
    AaronWebstey

• Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I'd suggest Pacific Crest in Bend, OR at the end of June. Great event. Bend is gorgeous. You could stalk the endurance Pros that train in Bend too. Who wouldn't want to try to get in a bro-photo with Jesse and Matt? And so many amazing breweries .

whyracingevents.com/event/989/#loaded
    M_WareKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    @Jennifer Post ahh yes, thanks for that one, @neil5young Has been telling me a lot of great things about it. I think I was leaning towards the Portland area because the wife & I have a friend to stay & race with up there, but I'll have to keep Pac Crest in mind, too.
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Same suggestion I made to you last year! Admiral’s Cup at NBVC...they’re always squirrelly with dates and info, but you can almost probably count on it happening. The only year it didn’t happen at all was when there’s was the sequester. *Probably* June 2. Maybe June 9. Itty bitty chance some other totally random date, because government.
  • Options
    idking90 said:

Same suggestion I made to you last year! Admiral’s Cup at NBVC...they’re always squirrelly with dates and info, but you can almost probably count on it happening. The only year it didn’t happen at all was when there’s was the sequester. *Probably* June 2. Maybe June 9. Itty bitty chance some other totally random date, because government.

Now I do recall that, but since I'm no longer an ID card holder IDK if I can even get in. Kinda helps to have info about how to get in available, if I can't go to the MWR facility and look on their bulletin board.

There's this Race On The Base at Los Alamitos that has a pretty straightforward access policy. My cousin down there wants to do it, but it's during the AJB Coaching camp in Clermont.
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Mama Cheetah and her ole ball n chain move to AZ in April. I may have to look into sum of these .... thanks for the good info !
    M_WareKenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch