frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Kona Online Tailgate

abussey1abussey1 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
Anyone else going to abandon their family for a good 8 hours to talk to people online while watching a sketchy livestream...while drinking?

I mean I'll talk to myself if no one else is up for it but its slightly more entertaining with others...slightly

An unprofessional triathlete

Brew_TriKenElPescadoPeladoSdogBrendo78NotSoFatLewMamaCheetah

Comments

• Options
    I sadly won't be able to ignore my family for the whole 8 hours, but I will be checking in here for sure
    MamaCheetah
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'll be in an out of the tailgate all day, weather dependent.
    MamaCheetah
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    I'll be incommunicado most of day at my daughters' basketball tournament, poor reception in the building. I was thinking of taking a screenshot of Frodo and Ryf, on the bike, and making them my phone home & lock screen. Figure if I look at them periodically, it will be the same view I'd see for hours watching the live coverage.
    M_WarekjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoJennifer PostCraig_Dsimonsen77Evanabussey1NotSoFatLewMamaCheetah
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Everybody could just crash @College_Tri 's virtual party ... :)

M_WareBrew_TriTad_Mabussey1MamaCheetah
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I will be watching for the whole race with friends 10 hr pool party at my friends mansion
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoGranpa ChookM_WareSdogTad_MrigpigMamaCheetah
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Everybody could just crash @College_Tri 's virtual party ... :)

Not sure how you crash an open invite but ill let everyone tri
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteywchevronSdogmbrekk44Tad_MMamaCheetah
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'm in for later. Probably by 3 hours in, after my prescribed exercise practice.
    Sdogabussey1MamaCheetah
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I am in for later too. I usually check in on Twitter and then start watching broadcast as men reach Energy Lab.
    M_WareSdog
  • Options
    SdogSdog Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    My wife is out of town that day, I had not considered this before, but now that I think about it I will likely watch a lot more than most sane people would. Why go out and train when I can watch triathlon, my season is over anyway. Possibly Ill go for a quick run before so I don't feel like a complete slob.

Does anyone know what the deal is with the NBC coverage? Can i just go to the Ironman website and see their live feed?
  • Options
    Sdog said:

Does anyone know what the deal is with the NBC coverage? Can i just go to the Ironman website and see their live feed?

I believe the ironman live stream will still be up. Or that is what the Triathlon Preview Show lead me to believe.

Sdog
  • Options
    Zach MillerZach Miller Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    balsdorf said:

Sdog said:

I believe the ironman live stream will still be up. Or that is what the Triathlon Preview Show lead me to believe.

Ironman.com feed will still be up, that will be the main feed from that i understand, that might be the same as nbcsports.com feed. but the live tv nbcsports will not cover the whole race. This is the way I read it
    Sdog
  • Options
    abussey1abussey1 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    There a main feed on NBC Sports this year...so you've most likely got the normal LiveStream coverage...with splices of NBC type stories.
    I'm going to have that up on the TV with the laptop on the Livestream and phone for aggressive tweeting.
    Plus probably loading up the training in the living room to make it all worth something too...hydrating appropriately of course.
    KenElPescadoPeladoKuchSdogBrew_Tri

An unprofessional triathlete

• Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    abussey1 said:

hydrating appropriately of course.

Kona drinking game?

NotSoFatLewKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    kjrunnin said:

abussey1 said:

hydrating appropriately of course.

Kona drinking game?

Drink every time someone says:

Energy Lab
    ...or...
    M_WareMamaCheetah
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    Stoked?
    M_WareBrew_TriKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    or Chrissie Wellington, Dave Scott or Mark Allen.
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Are we taking hotshots?
    Matt
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    'pregnant', 'preggo', or 'preggers'
    KenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetah
    #KOAT
  • Options
    When Greg Welch says "girls"

• Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    When one of the hosts has to do an awkward product demo? The Ironman-branded blender a few years ago was especially amusing.
    kjrunninMamaCheetah
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    So I actually have drawn up a bingo game for everyone to play at home. Randomly assign the events that will definitely take place to your bingo board. Winner will get a considerable discount to a well known wetsuit manufacturer.

KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyMattM_WareGentlemanJerseyDaveBrew_TriNotSoFatLewTad_MkjrunninKuchAlexSscottysimonsen77
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    I love bingo!
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    So Im gonna have the ironman feed on, the trs feed on and talking to you guys? One of these has to go...probs the trs feed. Gonna listen to AJ tell my jokes and then bale.
    Mark_after_Darkwchevron
  • Options
    rigpigrigpig Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I will be watching for the whole race with friends 10 hr pool party at my friends mansion

First time in 7 years I am not in FL in Oct, so I will be freezing up here in Canada. Boo to your pool party, boo.

Brew_TriM_Ware

Kevin Brydges
    You're the rig guy? You don't look like you worked on rigs....
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    rigpig said:

First time in 7 years I am not in FL in Oct, so I will be freezing up here in Canada. Boo to your pool party, boo.

It's 80F here in Illinois today. Not so far south of you in Alberta. Or Manitoba. Or Ontario. Where the hell are you? I have a 1:11 chance of getting it right and still don't know. Outside of PEI and Newfoundland. You talk too normally to be from there.
    kjrunninCraig_D
  • Options
    What the hell is happening in the race. I can't get the live coverage to download in the basketball court I'm at.
  • Options
    How far back was sanders in the swim. And where did Pete Jacobs come out.
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, POTM
    wchevron said:

What the hell is happening in the race. I can't get the live coverage to download in the basketball court I'm at.

Pros are on the bike.
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, POTM
    Live feed technical problems 1 hour into the race. Put that on the bingo board and someone chip me for that square !

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch