frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

The Grind With Spencer Ralston Podcast: Mike Arishita

SralstonSralston Member, Pro Triathlete
Hey everyone,

My name is Spencer Ralston and I am a first year professional triathlete. For my senior business project I decided to make a podcast where I interview other first and second year professional athletes to help them gain exposure to sponsors and to gain a larger social media following. I would love to hear what you guys think about the podcast and the idea to make it better.

If anyone would want to come on and talk about their successes or failures as a first/second year pro feel free to contact me at ralstontri@gmail.com or just hit me up join Facebook.

Hope you all enjoy it!!!!

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-grind-with-spencer-ralston/id1287748950?mt=2
Aaron Webstey

Comments

• Options
    jakesaundersjakesaunders Member
    edited September 2017
    @Sralston I haven't listened to your podcast yet but I will.

I'm also not a pro but I'd be interested in learning why new pros decide to take their pro license vs. staying an age grouper. I'd also be interested to hear about their progression and how they try to market themselves to not only businesses/sponsors but age group athletes.

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @Sralston was polite enough to ask permission to post about a triathlon podcast here. Sounds like a great idea and I wish you good luck.
    M_Warekjrunninidking90MartinGasBombCraig_DTad_MbalsdorfBrendo78AlexShaywarmi
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @jakesaunders I have a few people lined up that are about to turn pro and I will be asking them that exact question, what lead them to turn pro.

I think with the emergence of these "age group teams" have presented a real challenge in turning pro. If you are on a team like "Every Man Jack" a lot of things are given to you that some first/second year pros do not have access to.

And please feel free to send me more specific questions you want to here answered. (ralstontri@gmail.com)
    mbrekk44
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    I have a question: did you ever get that Strava segment in East Lyme back for me after that one guy clearly moto paced it?
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @Sralston polite is good. I’ll put this in my queue for this weekend. Everyone else, please PM me your favourite podcasts. I’ve got 22 hours of driving to do this weekend. I’m tired of TRS and dcrainmaker re-runs, and I’ve listened to so many Audible books that I’m slowly starting to sound like George Guidall.
    Aaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Here's what I want to hear:

"Do coaches charge pro clients more, and are top AGers being pushed by coaches to go pro for this reason?"

"Name one sport that financially rewards its professionals less than Triathlon."

"There should be no division between professional and age group categories in triathlon. Winner takes all. " Discuss.

"Pro triathletes should belong to a union." Discuss.

What percentage of your soul dies when some AGer that worked 50 hours this week beats you on the weekend?
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaron Webstey
  • Options
    @idking90 i follow my workouts not my strava....
    @Martin good questions I will add some to next segment
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    if you had a podcast sidekick would you make him sleep in a kennel? asking for a friend
    Aaron Websteyidking90rigpigMartinCraig_DkjrunninPevashishDaulscottyRobert RankinTad_MAlexSKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Part of the question of why you turn pro......
    "What is the single most valuable benefit you derive from turning pro during the initial inevitable lean years? Is it just the net race fee reduction, or is there something else? Or is the pro identity more enticing initially?"
    #Sworry in advance if that's too juvenile
    Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Dark_mark said:

if you had a podcast sidekick would you make him sleep in a kennel? asking for a friend

you can sleep in my dorm room...twin bed but we sleep head to toe. Also please bring a 30 of natty light if you are sleeping over.
    Aaron Websteysimonsen77
  • Options

Part of the question of why you turn pro......
    "What is the single most valuable benefit you derive from turning pro during the initial inevitable lean years? Is it just the net race fee reduction, or is there something else? Or is the pro identity more enticing initially?"
    #Sworry in advance if that's too juvenile

hitting on the Wattie Ink wanna be pro moms has now become easier with the "Im a pro" pick up line
    Aaron Websteybalsdorfidking90Tad_MKHilgendorfMattsimonsen77KuchCraig_DKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Sralston said:

Dark_mark said:

you can sleep in my dorm room...twin bed but we sleep head to toe. Also please bring a 30 of natty light if you are sleeping over.
    M_WareSralstonMark_after_DarkmaggieruKenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch