frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

TRS117 - Ryan Hall & Will Clarke

RashRash Member
edited September 2017 in Main
Really enjoyed this episode. Got to learn more about two people I knew relatively nothing about. I loved Will Clarke - especially just speaking his mind regarding Helle. No PC concerns from him (at least not prior to the interview). He also was pretty honest with his self evaluation and expectations in the sport.
M_WareAaron Websteywchevron

Comments

• Options
    Bummed I still don't know where to score meth in Big Bear. For those of you unfamiliar, Ryan's hometown Big Bear is the closest ski destination to the LA area and part of San Bernardino county. SB County has quite the reputation and was supposed to be the setting for Breaking Bad until the Albuquerque filming incentives lured production away.
    KenElPescadoPelado
    ______

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    scotty said:

Bummed I still don't know where to score meth in Big Bear. For those of you unfamiliar, Ryan's hometown Big Bear is the closest ski destination to the LA area and part of San Bernardino county. SB County has quite the reputation and was supposed to be the setting for Breaking Bad until the Albuquerque filming incentives lured production away.

I was considering Lake County for relocation until I learned that it, too, is known for meth, as much as Mendocino and Humboldt are known for mary jane.
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    gay marriage tho
  • Options
    You Californians think meth is bad there, come on down to the south.

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Is this a oneupmanship of who lives in the biggest hellhole? Because if so, you all lose.
    Tad_MkjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetah
  • Options
    idking90 said:

Is this a oneupmanship of who lives in the biggest hellhole? Because if so, you all lose.

You're right. Ohio wins
    Craig_DMamaCheetah

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    When I lived in Bakersfield I was pretty sure the meth capitol or CA was Oildale. I think I saw a combined 12 teeth on the 5k people who lived there.
    KenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DkjrunninRashMamaCheetah
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    This is a weird contest y'all have got going.
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoscotty

• Options
    @KHilgendorf Oildale is a charming place where Uncle Dads and Aunt Moms are free to roam or sit in their porch/lawn couches. I think the area slogan is "Oildale - We've Got Meth and No Splits in the Family Tree". It's a little white trash, racist haven in the midst of the beautiful metropolis that is Bakersfield.
    KenElPescadoPeladokjrunninCraig_DMamaCheetah
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I miss it so much, @Rash
    RashMamaCheetah
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

When I lived in Bakersfield I was pretty sure the meth capitol or CA was Oildale. I think I saw a combined 12 teeth on the 5k people who lived there.

So CSI: Oildale wouldn't work?
    KenElPescadoPeladokjrunninM_WareTad_M
  • Options
    There's a surprising amount of PCP in Oklahoma.

Also, meth.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyItsShug
    Resident Genius.
  • Options
    I am not surprised - 95% of Bakersfield came from Oklahoma (Oakies).
    KenElPescadoPeladoA_drizzle
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    @Adrienne is that how you're able to work so much and still ride often?
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    @Dark_mark I knew eventually someone would figure it out.

But real chief complaints: "heat exhaustion, mowing lawn while on PCP." "Bitten on hand by boyfriend who was on PCP." "Fall from ladder, took PCP earlier."
    M_WarewchevronAaron WebsteyItsShugKenElPescadoPeladombrekk44Tad_MGranpa Chook
    Resident Genius.
  • Options
    KuchKuch Member, POTM
    Greetings from "Charm City", here's a souvenir map of where the dead bodies are buried in beautiful Leakin Park.

scottyKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_Didking90MamaCheetah
    BSquad
    Mid-Atlantic Captain
  • Options
    Where's Wallace? Where's Wallace??
    KuchMark_after_DarkGranpa Chook
    ______

• Options
    KuchKuch Member, POTM
    scotty said:

Where's Wallace? Where's Wallace??

Pour one out for Wallace....

If you look in the lower left hand, off Hamilton St. you will see where they found Hae Min, subject of the Serial podcast.
    KenElPescadoPeladokjrunnin
    BSquad
    Mid-Atlantic Captain
  • Options
    edited September 2017
    i also like the wire
  • Options
    Kuch said:

Greetings from "Charm City", here's a souvenir map of where the dead bodies are buried in beautiful Leakin Park.

Is there a bus tour for these sights ? I hate driving and trying to read maps.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyKuch
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    Yeah, Adnan was totally just hanging out in Leakin Park...nothing to see here :)
    KenElPescadoPeladowchevronAaron WebsteyKuch
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Yeah, Adnan was totally just hanging out in Leakin Park...nothing to see here :)

That's right Sarah Koenig. I mean @EmilyCocks.
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    KuchKuch Member, POTM

Kuch said:

Is there a bus tour for these sights ? I hate driving and trying to read maps.
    No Bus Tour, but I have always thought if they did a race through the park it would make for some fast times !
    Race or Die! (literally)
    I bet @Dark_mark would go sub-20
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetah
    BSquad
    Mid-Atlantic Captain

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch