frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

One of our own hit on the bike.

2»

Comments

• Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    So today marks 3 weeks since the accident. I have come a long, long ways and still have miles to go. My attitude remains positive, and I'm trying to make the best out of it. I am not hooked up to any more machines what so ever! My kidneys have regained function, and I'm eating a normal diet and can drink as many fluids as I want. It's hard to do much for physical therapy with all of my broken ribs/ left collar bone. I'm still able to get to the edge of my bed and "dangle" which hurts like hell, but is beneficial to stretching a bit.. I will continue to be monitored for a couple days and make sure my kidneys continue to function. Next step looks like I will be checking into some kind of in patient therapy facility, because I can't put any weight on my feet for at least another month, and still need more medical attention than my parents can give me. My doctors and nurses are all amazed at the rate of my progression and ability to heal! I would really really like to thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers, because they have helped tremendously. Thanks for the cards, gift cards, shirts, blankets, everything! It's pretty cool to know how many people care about you, I actually tear up a little from it sometimes. Also, Mayo clinic is absolutely amazing, I have had the best team of doctors and nurses in the world. And without Chris Crocker (the ex army medic and physican assistant) who completely saved my life until i got to the hospital. I need to do something very special for him and haven't thought of the right thing yet. Next big function on the list will be regaining function of the bladder (I've been getting cathed like 6 or 7 times a day since my kidneys started behaving again)
    M_WareJennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyMattCraig_DEvankjrunninItsShugjakesaunderswchevronMark_after_DarkAlexSRashTad_Msimonsen77Ryan HeislerA_drizzleRobert Rankintoebutt769MartinMamaCheetahet5504Brent_RyournotuniquePevashishDaulOverBiker_SamGasBomb
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    I just had to come back and re-read your post. I can't believe how quickly you are healing. I am sure it doesn't feel nearly fast enough but it's incredible and has to be due to your positive attitude and will to fight.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyA_drizzleKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DTad_MMamaCheetah
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Too soon?

M_Warembrekk44Craig_DKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MwchevronMamaCheetahRobert Rankinyournotunique
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Look who's looking like a million bucks! Stopped by for a quick visit on my way to NC and am happy to report that Mitch is looking great!

Brew_TriCraig_DRobert RankinJennifer PostAaron Websteysimonsen77jakesaunderskjrunninRashBrent_RrigpigTad_MmaggieruAlexSKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetahJames LangeyournotuniqueMark_after_DarkMartinGasBombEvanfyrehaarGentlemanJerseyDaveHSeeley14
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Thanks for the visit and gummy bears @M_Ware they are already gone.. i swear I'm going to get diabetes while I'm layed up eating junk food haha
    M_WareAaron WebsteyBrew_TrikjrunninBrent_RTad_MmaggieruKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetah
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    And there are goats and cocks in the middle Court yard of my nursing home

Aaron WebsteyM_Waresimonsen77Tad_MItsShugmaggieruMamaCheetahGasBombfyrehaarGentlemanJerseyDave
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    You are healing in a literal Roost!
    Jennifer PostTad_MRobert RankinmaggieruKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetahM_WarefyrehaarJohns622
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    On your last day, you should set them free.
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostTad_MkjrunninRobert Rankinmaggierumbrekk44wchevronMamaCheetahM_WareyournotuniqueGasBomb
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    @mbrekk44 shoot, I went in the wrong door and missed those completely!
    Jennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetah
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    One month later, @mbrekk44 looking even better.

Aaron Websteysimonsen77wchevronrigpigJennifer PostItsShugMamaCheetahCraig_DkjrunninMattRobert RankinTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoA_drizzlemaggieruGasBombGentlemanJerseyDaveHSeeley14
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    With great beard comes great responsibility. Take care of it @mbrekk44
    M_WareJennifer PostStruangCraig_Dmbrekk44Aaron WebsteywchevronTad_MKenElPescadoPeladorigpigmaggieruRobert RankinGasBombiamuwereEvan
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    I've been walking with the walker for about a week now since I got the ok to bear full body weight. Hurt like hell right away, but getting easier every day. I went home for the day last Saturday and hung out at my parents house and watched the world championships with some friends. It went so well that I came home again Sunday, and I started begging everyone at the nursing home to let me move out of here. So today I finally get to go home!!! I still have a long ways to go with walking and doing things on my own. But I am literally seeing progress every day. It feels so damn good to finally be in the comfort of home after just over 3 months being in a hospital/nursing home.
    kjrunninMattmaggieruPreachSwansonSdogRobert RankinA_drizzleAaron Websteysimonsen77Craig_DAlexSRashfyrehaarbalsdorfrigpigGentlemanJerseyDaveM_WareTad_MHSeeley14jrielley1406
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Fantastic news!!
    Aaron Websteymbrekk44

• Options
  • Options
    Matt said:

See if you can get a prescription for some sponge baths.

No but I found a shower chair with a hygienic cutout in the middle ;)
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_DRashfyrehaarTad_MHSeeley14
  • Options
    PreachSwansonAaron Websteysimonsen77NotSoFatLewfyrehaar
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Mitch at his favourite pizza joint/bar Bend in the Road.
    He insisted on standing for the pic, then went to chat with a buddy he hasn't seen in a long time.
    Remarkable.

Honoured!
    (Great Moscow Mule served too)

kjrunninsimonsen77KenElPescadoPeladombrekk44MartinAaron WebsteyJennifer PostPreachSwansonM_WareItsShugBrent_RCraig_DrigpigMattRobert RankinAlexSEvanfyrehaarHSeeley14Mark_after_DarkBrew_TriGasBomb
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @mbrekk44 you have a hell of a bio post for next season on the team page. I don’t know what you will race but I’m sure you will race and you’ll beat the crap out of most everyone else.
    Aaron WebsteykjrunninCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoJohns622AlexSHSeeley14Robert Rankin
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options

@mbrekk44 you have a hell of a bio post for next season on the team page. I don’t know what you will race but I’m sure you will race and you’ll beat the crap out of most everyone else.

Ha, yeah it has been a hell of a ride. I don't think I will be doing much running or triathlon in the near future, I just don't see myself running well for a long time. I am really hoping to be able to do some gravel races on the bike by the end of next summer or something! I got my road bike setup on the trainer the other day and I am not quite strong or flexible enough to get on and clipped in. Also realize I will have to drop my seat a bit and maybe even flip my stem :((( I also might need to do some saddle shopping. Does anyone have saddle recommendations for a person that crushed their pelvic floor and now has a plate and tons of scar tissue? But otherwise things are still progressing very well. I have the walker down very well. I am now able to go up and down a flight of stairs using the railing and a cane unassisted. I am starting to walk alone with the cane, I am wobbly but getting better at it all the time. I just got a filter taken out of a vein or something under my lungs, that was supposed to stop any blood clots in my legs from entering my lungs. They entered through my jugular in my neck and fished that thing out. So I will be able to discontinue taking my blood thinners. Yay, one less fucking pill. My next Dr. appointment is in December, I will meet with the Dr that saved my leg and rebuilt my pelvis, as well as my spine doctor. They will decide whether or not we take out any hardware. Then I will be able to get my ostomy reversed!! I can't wait for that.
    KenElPescadoPeladoM_WarewchevronkjrunninMattCraig_DHSeeley14A_drizzleJennifer PostmaggieruRobert RankinAaron WebsteyPreachSwansonAlexS
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Really happy to come in and read about your continued recovery! I can't help you out on the saddle recommendations but if you want to talk to someone about ostomy reversal, I can hook you up with someone who has lived through that. (Sorry, I don't mean hook up in the fun sense of the word.)
    mbrekk44

• Options
  • Options
    @mbrekk44 Brooks or Selle Anatomica saddles. Pricey but great for people with shitty pelvis contact points.
    Expect to see you at Almonzo 2019 ;)
    mbrekk44rigpig
    Resident Genius.
  • Options
    I figured I should give y’all an update. Things have been going great! So I had a long fall and winter of healing and therapy. Once March rolled around I started doing a lot better and was walking with assistance of a cane. By the end of March I had moved back into my own house and started doing more and more things in my own. I was back to working quite a bit by the end of April, now I am working just about full time. I also don’t use a cane anymore! I’m doing my own thing for pt, mostly riding bike and core exercises, push-ups, pull-ups, and walking. I think I saw the most improvement by using my balance and just doing simple tasks, like lifting things off the ground and carrying laundry up the stairs. I will see the doctor soon, and we will probably take some more hardware out of my lower back. Then I can get a little more serious about a good bike fit. My right leg is about half the size of lefty, but is constantly growing. Hell, I even rode 26 miles on gravel with the hilliest route I could last night. I am very curious to see how much strength I will recover there. The right ankle is still not working great, but it gets a little more motion all the time. I’m already better off than an obese person!
    My wonderful little sister totally caught me off guard. If anyone follows picky bars on social media, then you would have seen this mystery trip they are doing. She submitted an application for me, and I was one of the three people chosen. So July 21-22, I am going on a random weekend vacation on picky bars, but I don’t know where, they decide! I
    ItsShugTad_MMattM_WareAaron WebsteyMark_after_DarkrigpigPreachSwansonEvilTwinmaggieruwchevronJohns622Robert RankinGasBombfyrehaarNotSoFatLewA_drizzleCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoMartinBrew_Trisimonsen77RashShepherdSdog
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Thanks for the update. Your recovery is amazing. Can't wait to see pics from your mystery trip in July. Congrats.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyCraig_DMartin
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited May 2018
    Dear Mr. Brekke,
    We thank you for choosing Desire Riviera Maya, and would like to assure you that we have reserved for you the suite with 1 king bed and Park bike stand. Please also note that all transfers are included to and from the airport. If there is anything else we can do to make your visit more enjoyable, please do not hesitate to ask.
    We look forward to your visit!
    M_WareAaron WebsteyCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoMartin
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Free trip!!! I think you(we) need to start scamming more people with this. I'll start contacting people. Some bike companies, maybe some apparel companies and some breweries. You(we) can totally get a bunch of free stuff out of this.
    Jennifer Postsimonsen77Tad_MCraig_D
    Yay Sports! :#

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch