frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Sometimes the Politicians Do Look to the Future (this isn't really about politics)

IanLIanL Member
In Halifax, NS, we have a notoriously deadlocked and grumpy old City Council that won't ever look to the future except when it comes time for election (sounds familiar to a lot of places I guess). Well we also have a vocal Cycling group that has been begging to have the approach too and from our harbour bridge fixed and made not only safe, but frankly ridable at all. The city planners spent far too long coming up with a solution and when they did it had a 7 million dollar price tag. That didn't look good. But during tonight's council meeting, it was voted in 14-1 and it's planned opening date will be 2020. Many Councillors even supported it know it was something that would be of most benefit in the future, hopefully spurring greater cycling in our city, especially amoung children. Well that was unexpected. So come on down in 2020 and bike our big city bridge.
M_WareCraig_DAaronWebsteyTad_MjayrodKenElPescadoPeladoMattfyrehaar

Comments

• Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Unbelievable!! This is huge! At last, the door to the #darkside will be flung wide open, and the remaining peninsular Haligonians will emigrate to the lush and quasi-urbane City Of Lakes. Good night, downtown Halifax - you're just another place of business now.
    IanL
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    That kind of took an unintended dark turn, #sworry
    IanLscottyCraig_Dkjrunnin
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Ok but can I ride my bike to the Liquor Dome? (Is that still a thing?)
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteyIanL
  • Options
    idking90 said:

Ok but can I ride my bike to the Liquor Dome? (Is that still a thing?)

StruangAaronWebsteyidking90
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Great news! We just bought a place in Dartmouth.
    AaronWebsteyIanL
  • Options
    edited August 2017
    jamoozle said:

Great news! We just bought a place in Dartmouth.

See you when you get here. I'm the fat guy in the 2003 FrontRunners Victoria cycling jersey.

What area of town?
    KenElPescadoPeladokjrunninTad_M
  • Options
    Southdale I think? Just off Prince Albert near Oat Hill Lake.
  • Options
    jamoozle said:

Southdale I think? Just off Prince Albert near Oat Hill Lake.

What a great spot! Didn't even know there was a lake there. When do you arrive?

Sincerely,
    New Stalker
  • Options
    We take possession on Oct. 31. We'll move in over the following week, probably.

Stalk away - I'm not that interesting. I need to learn the good cycling routes, swim groups, etc. It looks like most of my running will be around Lake Banook and in Shubie Park.
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    You're leaving the Best Coast? But, why?
    AaronWebstey

• Options
    jamoozle said:

We take possession on Oct. 31. We'll move in over the following week, probably.

Stalk away - I'm not that interesting. I need to learn the good cycling routes, swim groups, etc. It looks like most of my running will be around Lake Banook and in Shubie Park.

Let's have a beer soon after you move. Email webstey@triroost.com if interested for real. I know enough groups and routes to give you a head start.
  • Options
    IanLIanL Member

What a great spot! Didn't even know there was a lake there. When do you arrive?

it's the city of Lakes, of course there is a lake there.

AaronWebstey
  • Options
    kjrunnin said:

You're leaving the Best Coast? But, why?

Spoken like a true British Columbian.

All our family is back east. And housing is about 60% cheaper per square foot.
    kjrunninAaronWebstey
  • Options
    So are smokes! If you know where to get em eh
    KenElPescadoPelado

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch