frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

van Vlerken's got beef with Ryf

ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
Pissed she didn't show up to pre race and post race ceremonies and didn't check her equipment in properly like the other pros.

You have to open the PDF newsletter:
http://www.yvonnevanvlerken.eu
Aaron WebsteyM_WareCraig_DKenElPescadoPelado

Comments

• Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @AaronWebstey you should reach out to Yvonne and build her a WordPress site.
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareMartinKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DfyrehaarHSeeley14
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Is she at all concerned about her dietary and supplement regimen? Probably not. We all know it's all about the equipment.
    KenElPescadoPelado
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    I believe Ryf is guilty of everything she's accused of always due to that stupid looking hat she's always wearing.
    KenElPescadoPeladoMattbalsdorfAaron WebsteyfyrehaarTad_MMamaCheetahFastCat1107simonsen77HSeeley14
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Maybe someone on here can answer some of my questions about athlete professionalism.

Is it a lack of professionalism? Have things like this always been happening? Is it just easier to see due to growing coverage?

Its a matter of gaining every advantage possible, and athletes are pushing the boundaries of what is and isn't acceptable. Is this an issue with favoritism?(Like the french in the tour?) Are races that scared of losing pro athletes by calling them out?

With the coverage growing and we can hear everyone's opinion. Are other racers just sore losers?

Maybe someone with better knowledge than me can answer these.
    KenElPescadoPeladofyrehaarRobert Rankin
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I sure as shit never saw anyone spending multiple hours hanging out with fans etc the day before a race. Don't think I ever saw a sign-in for the 'mandatory' pro meetings either; if your flight came in late or whatever you either got someone to attend for you (just to get any required info about course, procedures, etc) or had the RD/TD give you the cliff's notes version.

As for the extra warmup, this does not sound out of the ordinary to me. There always seemed to be 1 or 2 people who just didn't know or care about whatever weird rules were in effect at any given race and just crossed their fingers and went about their business however they saw fit, knowing nobody would probably bother to DQ them for something minor like that.

Brew_TriTad_MRobert Rankin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    IanLIanL Member
    I can't believe she tried to take off after Froome obviously had a Froome mechanical though, or nature break, I forget which.
    Brew_Trineil5youngAlexSEvanMartinAaron Websteyrigpig
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    is van Vlerken punk-ing everyone with that geocities webpage?
    MartinAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I sure as shit never saw anyone spending multiple hours hanging out with fans etc the day before a race. Don't think I ever saw a sign-in for the 'mandatory' pro meetings either; if your flight came in late or whatever you either got someone to attend for you (just to get any required info about course, procedures, etc) or had the RD/TD give you the cliff's notes version.

Were you ever DQd for chewing tobacco in the holding area?
    mbrekk44M_Wareellsworth53tAaron Websteyidking90AlexS
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Martin said:

Were you ever DQd for chewing tobacco in the holding area?

^^^You might be a redneck, if.....
    Aaron WebsteyMartinGentlemanJerseyDaveBrew_TriKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetahsimonsen77
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    I wonder if she would be saying the same thing if she beat her?
    Why pull out the small violin to complain about one of the pros who seemed to take every step to ensure she had the best preparation to race. its a selfish sport. maybe take a hard look at yourself before taking aim at someone who you have no chance to beat?
    tuck your balls back in Vonsy, the glass house you live in could quite easily be stoned.
    PevashishDaulAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    Yeah, and Lionel should shut the fuck up about drafting. Don't blame those at the front for being faster swimmers.
    MartinRashKenElPescadoPeladoEvanandrewm88
  • Options
    dhr said:

Yeah, and Lionel should shut the fuck up about drafting. Don't blame those at the front for being faster swimmers.

Preach.
    KenElPescadoPeladodhr
  • Options
    Brendo78 said:

I wonder if she would be saying the same thing if she beat her?
    Why pull out the small violin to complain about one of the pros who seemed to take every step to ensure she had the best preparation to race. its a selfish sport. maybe take a hard look at yourself before taking aim at someone who you have no chance to beat?
    tuck your balls back in Vonsy, the glass house you live in could quite easily be stoned.

Having listened to the IM Talk guys and the interviews they have done, it seems that for the other pros the Erdinger party and the lederhosen etc weren't optional. It seems that for Ryf it was optional. Given that Ryf elected not to attend, it seems she determines there to be a benefit for not attending.

The question therefore is simple, is it ok for a race organiser to give certain athletes and advantage that isn't available to everyone? Conceptually, is that any different to allowing/ turning a blind eye to and not testing known dopers? Perhaps we can give World Champions a 2 minute head start? Or they only have to ride 40k, or they only have a 10m draft zone. If race organisers are giving some athletes and advantage over the others, even minor, that's bollocks and should be called out because its not cool (and Ryf shouldn't be happy winning with that advantage).
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I'd say it's more of a psychological advantage than anything. Are they really going to DQ someone for not attending a party? No. She's spitting in their lanes at worst.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    rangamelrangamel Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Apparently she did get in trouble for not having her helmet in transition on her bike and warming up for too long in the water.

http://www.witsup.com/a-follow-up-to-van-vlerkens-comments-on-ryf/
    Aaron Webstey
    Slightly mental triathlete who is allergic to the sun

• Options
    PeterotPeterot Member
    edited July 2017
    Getting tired of all the fucking pros wimpering all the time about the rules and their excuses for poor race results. I am not naming names: sanders, lieto (every fucking race he has ever done)h wurtele last race (sad to include her in this list), rapp (king wimperer), now some old school euro **** (editor's note: not cool) These folks need to take some lessons from the majority of other pros out there. Good examples Include Jeff symonds and starky who have mad skills but have been sucking dicks lately but they just keep going about his business and workin at it. I hope sanders and wurtele stop as I am still a fan. Lieto and rapp are hopeless. I used to enjoy dark mark but he is starting to rival rapp for the top whimpered. He needs to go back to his roots of simple humour. Someone needs to burn his soap box ASAP
    Mark_after_DarkbalsdorfMartin
  • Options
    Peterot said:

Good examples Include Jeff symonds and starky who have mad skills but have been sucking

Starky DID get hit by a truck not that long ago. Most people would just move to a trailer park and live off their disability cheques if that happened to them.
    M_WareTad_MBrendo78EvanRobert Rankin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch