frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

IM podium finisher allegedly receives pacing/drafting/assistance and posts it on all her socials

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    sidebar story: lazy forum owner rips off story from @Dark_mark 's Twitter feed
    StruangM_WareAlexSKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DmaggieruBrew_TriJennifer PostGentlemanJerseyDaveRobert RankinMartinIanLTad_MfyrehaarBrendo78HSeeley14
    #KOAT
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    Would WTC ever do something retroactively in a case so blatant? Or not worth the effort/bad press so better for them to ignore it and move on?

Plus given the rumors of WTC sweeping tests under the rug for high profile dopers, one could assume they would do the same for such a high-profile coach and his athlete. Sigh...
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostRobert RankinTad_MHSeeley14
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    My guess (and probably the easy guess) is that absolutely nothing will happen, the internet will complain for a while, and WTC will ignore it all. Also, the sun will rise tomorrow and everyone will die someday.
    kjrunninKenElPescadoPeladomaggieruidking90Tad_MfyrehaarrangamelHSeeley14Kelly O'Mara
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    At Cabo 70.3 a couple of years ago I was just behind a Mexican athlete for the first run lap. His team had people all along the run course handing out ice bags from coolers in between aid stations. One guy was standing beside a race official when his athlete went by and he still ran along side and gave him the ice pack. I mentioned something about outside assistance and the official shrugged and walked away. They don't give a sh$t. They got the entry fee. That's all that matters. Disappointing for sure.
    Aaron WebsteyTad_MHSeeley14
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    StruangStruang Member, POTM
    maggieru said:

Would WTC ever do something retroactively in a case so blatant? Or not worth the effort/bad press so better for them to ignore it and move on?

Very interesting to see how the results of Edinburgh Ironman 70.3 have changed since the race on the timing companies website V Ironmans site
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    What percentage of prize money does a coach usually get? 10%? This had a "big" purse by WTC standards so she earned $8k for 3rd . Did the coach do all of this for a measly $800? I think that's the most embarrassing part. I mean, if you are going to blantantly cheat for prize money, find a sport that pays better. Idiots.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron Webstey
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    let's not be too harsh on WTC, they really care about zipped-down kits. and officials enforce that rule.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyMamaCheetahGentlemanJerseyDaveBrendo78HSeeley14

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    Meh #fakenews - as @Craig D said - they've got their money and everyone whining about this on the internet have probably already paid up for Frankfurt and god knows how many other Ironman events so why should they? Whilst people keep paying up why should they listen?
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    The reminder about the Gorilla Suit has me laughing. Thank You. One of the greatest moments in all Triathlon History.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyMamaCheetah

Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete

• Options
    On the bright side... this solves the race coverage issue, just hire Luc van Lierde! He obviously is very experienced with it, does great camera angles, stays nice and close to the athletes.
    scottyAaron WebsteyEmilyCocksM_WareGentlemanJerseyDaveCraig_DmaggieruAlexSTad_MfyrehaarBrendo78HSeeley14
  • Options
    PevashishDaulPevashishDaul Member, POTM
    And said complaining, offended pro athletes will be racing another IM event in August.

All yappin, no action.
    idking90Aaron WebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM

And said complaining, offended pro athletes will be racing another IM event in August.

All yappin, no action.

this!!! complain about WTC but ALWAYS make Kona the focus of their season. Talk to your sponsors, tell them you are sick of the BS and don't do their races and hope your sponsors applaud you. Which they probably won't, they will just happily give amateur athletes 20% off to rep their gear.

Flip side: unless you are in Europe (challenge) there is really nothing else.
    idking90Aaron WebsteyM_WarePevashishDaulTad_M
  • Options
    Perhaps that strong, vocal, always in the news pro triathlon union can assist?

Nah, posting facebook videos should have a better impact for change. Hastags too - always hashtags for effect.
    Aaron WebsteyMartinTad_MRobert Rankin
  • Options

All yappin, no action.

I, on the other hand, think there is not enough yappin.

You cannot put it on the pro athletes when it is a poorly compensated sport and the majority of the paying races are WTC. It is not the non-cheating athlete's fault that WTC allow some cheating.

I would instead prefer that the athletes show up to the WTC events, win them, and then use their press time to hold WTC accountable to the rules and point out the silliness of the sport if the rules are not respected. And maybe flash some sub-sternum skin during the interview, just as a nice additional jab.

It seems pro racing is on its way out for WTC anyway. What else do the athletes have to lose?

On the other hand, what about AG athletes that mindlessly pay hundreds and thousands of dollars to this corporation...
    Aaron WebsteyTad_Mfyrehaar
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    70.3 Tremblant sold out in under an hour today. How do you spell "We respectfully could care less" in Mandarin?
    PevashishDaulAaron WebsteyGentlemanJerseyDavefyrehaarMamaCheetahRobert Rankin
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    日ご連絡映画地域

God i hope nobody can actually read that jibberish. Or maybe I hope someone can, and will translate it for me.
    Martin
  • Options
    Matt said:

去他妈的自己

Not very respectful.
    MattKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options

日ご連絡映画地域

Map of what?
  • Options

All yappin, no action.

I, on the other hand, think there is not enough yappin.

You cannot put it on the pro athletes when it is a poorly compensated sport and the majority of the paying races are WTC. It is not the non-cheating athlete's fault that WTC allow some cheating.

I would instead prefer that the athletes show up to the WTC events, win them, and then use their press time to hold WTC accountable to the rules and point out the silliness of the sport if the rules are not respected. And maybe flash some sub-sternum skin during the interview, just as a nice additional jab.

It seems pro racing is on its way out for WTC anyway. What else do the athletes have to lose?

On the other hand, what about AG athletes that mindlessly pay hundreds and thousands of dollars to this corporation...
    It's clear the masses of agers don't care that a coach rode on the course or that drafting is a problem.

It's like groundhog day when an issue like this comes up: offended parties chime in and get all bent, some claim to take action then the next week they are looking at next month's races computing points for KPR.

I used to feel that pros were underpaid but not so much anymore, they dont even have the investment to organize after multiple attempts. How can their opinions be respected by WTC, a company that was recently sold for billions?
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    @Struang ,
    Did you note any of these changes in resukts?
    Throw them in here. More gas on the bonfire is good!
    KenElPescadoPelado
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Brendo78Brendo78 Member
    edited July 2017

日ご連絡映画地域

God i hope nobody can actually read that jibberish. Or maybe I hope someone can, and will translate it for me.

I think it says "property of kim jong un ? "
    looking at Ironman North korea for 2018. swim course is a little rough though

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch