frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

2017 Race results and pics

Comments

• Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Dark_mark said:

I tried to cat up after 4 races which included 2 state championships. I am a 4 as of last week and doing NY state RR champs this weekend. I will post up af, even if I'm last (for some fucking reason 4s race with 1-4 35+)

Are they separating the results or is it all just a 35+? It's not uncommon in road races to have 3-5 min gaps between cats, but unusual to lump them together.
    I ask about the auto cat up because when I was racing in IL the first time, a 5 champ wasn't given a jersey, but an auto upgrade.
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    They will separate the results, but we are racing together,

You sure have a lot of opinions for what I should be allowed to do for someone that didn't even break an hour in the 40k in Texas last year.
    Mark_after_DarkKHilgendorf
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Dark_mark said:

You sure have a lot of opinions for what I should be allowed to do for someone that didn't even break an hour in the 40k in Texas last year.

MattMark_after_DarkRobert RankinMartinfyrehaarCraig_Didking90
    #KOAT
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @Dark_mark the next time you win and execute this gesture you should really be wearing the pink jersey for maximum style points.
    Aaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    Gotta match the dog harness
    M_WareAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited June 2017
    Dark_mark said:

In my defense, I suck at riding bikes.

But I still beat @Zach Miller
    Aaron WebsteyMamaCheetahGentlemanJerseyDave
  • Options
    AJ BauccoAJ Baucco Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, Pro Triathlete
    rigpig said:

I would have posted a selfie pic for today's race, but our fearless team leader is elusive!!! @AJ Baucco

hahah sorry bro! next time...
    Pro Triathlete, Coach, and Inaugural Kona Beer Mile Champion
  • Options
    OverBiker_SamOverBiker_Sam Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited June 2017
    Escape from Philly sprint today (800 Y/15 miles/5K)

45-49 AG 2, overall 16 (damn fast kids out there)

Bonus was standing in torrential downpour before the race, then swimming through all the debris and other crap floating in the Schuylkill river, then scooping it out of the top of my kit on the bike/run. Thankfully, I've had all my shots in the last few years.

Headed out to the Olympic tomorrow. Hoping the fecal counts in the river stay low!

Craig_Dsimonsen77MattM_WarekjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyRobert RankinFastCat1107rigpigTad_MMamaCheetahSteve HalewskiGentlemanJerseyDavefyrehaarBrent_RShepherd
    Cheers,
    -Sam

• Options
    IanLIanL Member

Super dark picture in the only shade on course this morning. 28C, and all hills for a trail race 10km. I finished second overall with a 38:52. This picture was at the 2.5km mark, at which point I wished I had chosen the 5km race.
    M_WareMattCraig_DRobert RankinAaron WebsteykjrunninMamaCheetahSteve HalewskifyrehaarBrent_R
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Martin - 13th OA, 5th M40-49 at 5i50 Tremblant
    @YULJenne - 8th OA Female, 2nd F40-49 at 5i50 Tremblant
    M_WareCraig_DOverBiker_SamrigpigRobert RankinTad_MAaron WebsteyMattIanLKenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetahGentlemanJerseyDavefyrehaarBrent_R
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Huh I didn't know Silken Laumann was doing triathlon in her retirement
    MartinCraig_DrigpigBrent_R
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, POTM
    Olympic distance tri yesterday. 2nd worst finishing time ever for me and yet 2nd in AG ! I forgot I aged up this year. Getting old is cool !
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareCraig_Dmbrekk44rigpigKenElPescadoPeladoIanLkjrunninMattGentlemanJerseyDavefyrehaarTad_MBrent_REvan
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Repeated an event from 2 years ago yesterday. Much improved! Full (but brief) blog post on the team site here: http://trsracing-bsquad.com/post.cfm?id=99

mbrekk44Aaron WebsteyMamaCheetahM_WarefyrehaarCraig_DTad_MRobert RankinMartinkjrunnin
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Action shot .... look at those kids. You know they are thinking, "what a bit@h!'
    In reality, I try to always smack hands, but I didn't see those wee sprouts (probably because I was experiencing some sort of heart failure).

Aaron WebsteyfyrehaarkjrunninCraig_DTad_MRobert RankinMartinGentlemanJerseyDave
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    I always advocate for getting high-5s from kids. And if you happen to miss their hands and catch a face, then...

kjrunninCraig_DrigpigMamaCheetahTad_Msimonsen77Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoMartinGentlemanJerseyDave
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I try to always smack hands, but I didn't see those wee sprouts

Kissing hands & shaking or smacking babies - did you get it backwards again?
    MamaCheetahTad_M
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    OverBiker_SamOverBiker_Sam Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Philly Olympic – 4th AG. Grr. Missed an Alcatraz slot by 50 seconds.

Did get to see Ben Kanute and Cam Dye race for a while as they cancelled the swim and made it a duathalon.

M_Warembrekk44Craig_DkjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoAlexSAaron WebsteyRobert Rankinsimonsen77GentlemanJerseyDaveMamaCheetahfyrehaarTad_MKuch
    Cheers,
    -Sam

• Options
    dessertdudedessertdude Member
    edited June 2017

I dunno who this guy is or if he posts here, but he's on the team and he went pretty quick at CdA 70.3
    GentlemanJerseyDaveMattKenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77M_WarekjrunninMark_after_DarkCraig_DMamaCheetahfyrehaarEvanAaron WebsteyTad_MRobert RankinBrent_RKuchIanL
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited June 2017
    Nick went 4:23:27 (29:22 / 2:26:03 / 1:24:27) for 22nd OA (8th OA AG) and 2nd M25-29.
    simonsen77KenElPescadoPeladoM_WareGentlemanJerseyDavekjrunninMark_after_DarkCraig_Dmbrekk44EvanRashAaron WebsteyRobert RankinKuch
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Nick had an awesome day Sunday. In addition to his great race, he surprised his girlfriend with a proposal when she crossed the finish line: https://www.facebook.com/KREM2/videos/10154618687551301/?pnref=story.unseen-section
    KenElPescadoPeladoMark_after_DarkCraig_DM_WareEvanGentlemanJerseyDaveStruangAaron WebsteyRobert Rankin

• Options
    EvanEvan Member
    Kudos to Nick on some legit quads (and the engagement)
    fyrehaar

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Here I am, not going as quick as/or sporting the legit quads of Nick Hetro at CdA 70.3 on Sunday.

Not only was I not last but if I were in the F70-74 age group, I totally would have won.

Was great to meet Nick post-race & Harsh from the Baucco Squad at a swim the day before. Looking forward to connecting with more teammates at IMC next month.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoRobert Rankinwchevronmbrekk44Craig_DfyrehaarBrent_Rsimonsen77GentlemanJerseyDaveMamaCheetahAlexSKuchscottyIanLMatt

• Options
    Matt said:

Nick went 4:23:27 (29:22 / 2:26:03 / 1:24:27) for 22nd OA (8th OA AG) and 2nd M25-29.

That is fing solid!!!
    KenElPescadoPeladoRobert RankinCraig_Dfyrehaar
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Last Wednesday's Triceratops Sprint. Race 1 of the 3 race summer series on the same course. I think I was the only TRS/Baucco there?, sorry no team podium??
    12th of 43 in 50-54 AG. But hey, I'm getting better. Since last June's race I'm 29th, 19th, 15th, now 12th. From 1:19:52 down to 1:16:15, my PR.

M_Warembrekk44Craig_DKenElPescadoPeladofyrehaarBrent_RRobert Rankinkjrunninsimonsen77GentlemanJerseyDaveMamaCheetahAlexSrigpigIanL
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    AlexSAlexS Member
    @Tad_Machrowicz is this at Island lake? I did one the series last year and was surprised by how many people a Wednesday night race drew. Congrats on the PR
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    AlexS said:

@Tad_Machrowicz is this at Island lake? I did one the series last year and was surprised by how many people a Wednesday night race drew. Congrats on the PR

Thanks @AlexS , yes, Brighton, MI. It's the best race in Michigan IMHO. Always about 450 folks. Lots of fun!
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    @kjrunnin - I had to re read your post about Nick 'Hetro' cuz I'm all like, how does she know his sexual orientation?!
    mbrekk44Craig_DkjrunninKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options

I wish my run was better but I will take first in age group but 13th overall is not great.
    Photo to follow when they post them.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyTad_MCraig_Dsimonsen77IanLfyrehaarMamaCheetah
  • Options
    scottyscotty Member

I dunno who this guy is or if he posts here, but he's on the team and he went pretty quick at CdA 70.3

Nick is a machine. He was the one that suggested that we move the time of our post-Oceanside party so that we wouldn't miss the awards ceremony. Never even crossed my mind.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyCraig_DRobert Rankinmbrekk44Kuchfyrehaar
    ______

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch