frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Where are my Santa Rosa 70.3 bitches ??!

MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, POTM
Who is gonna be at the race ? Love to see my peeps out there. The hubs is doing the race and I'm doing the relay / swim - you know, because cats love the water. I won't be offended if someone throws me a life jacket ....
Aaron WebsteyHSeeley14kjrunnin

Comments

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Super cool @MamaCheetah! Maybe @neil5young would be down to do a tailgate+ride like he did last year before the old race died on the vine?
    MamaCheetah
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options

Super cool @MamaCheetah! Maybe @neil5young would be down to do a tailgate+ride like he did last year before the old race died on the vine?

I'm hoping they sell extra large buckets of Vaseline at the expo cuz that water is gonna be cold !!! Much colder than the pee temperature river that was at Vineman.

• Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Well crud. @rigpig and I are doing the full.
    MamaCheetah

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    DerekLDerekL Member
    I'll be there. Look for the first person in history to drown in a wetsuit.
    MamaCheetahMartinHSeeley14Aaron WebsteyGasBombkjrunninbalsdorfKenElPescadoPelado
    I think I found my tribe of assholes.
  • Options
    @DerekL I will try to find you. What color is your wetsuit ? Black, right ??
    MartinHSeeley14DerekLAaron WebsteyGasBombTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoKelly O'Maramaggieru
  • Options
    DerekLDerekL Member

YES! I'll also have on a swim cap and be in line for 20 minutes to drop a pre-race deuce.
    MamaCheetahAaron WebsteyGasBombrigpigTad_M
  • Options
    DerekL said:

YES! I'll also have on a swim cap and be in line for 20 minutes to drop a pre-race deuce.
    Oh, I thought that was what the wetsuit was for .....
    Tad_M
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm going to head up and spectate for a bit. Not sure about specifics plans. Would love to ride but need to look a bit closer at options vs their bike route.
    MamaCheetahKenElPescadoPelado

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyMamaCheetahM_WareGasBombfyrehaar
  • Options
    Kelly O'MaraKelly O'Mara Member, Pro Triathlete
    @KenElPescadoPelado I figure since Holly will be tired from St. George, I'll probably win.
    Aaron Websteyneil5youngMamaCheetahM_WareGasBombfyrehaarkjrunninMartinrigpig
  • Options

@KenElPescadoPelado I figure since Holly will be tired from St. George, I'll probably win.

I like the way you think. Hey at least any podium spot would pay for more than gas money at this one!
    MamaCheetahM_Ware
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Judging from @Kelly O'Mara 's recent strava workout titles she will either win or be on top of the Santa Rosa courthouse with a rifle. I say 50/50.
    KenElPescadoPeladoKelly O'MaraTad_MMamaCheetahMartinAaron Websteyrigpig

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    As of right now I will be over there--will just catch everyone when they get onto the run. I don't need to schlep out to Lake Sonoma for the 0 dark thirty start. I retired so I don't have to do that shit anymore :)
    KenElPescadoPeladokjrunninGasBombKelly O'MaraAaron WebsteyMamaCheetahrigpig
  • Options
    Smart move @EmilyCocks. @neil5young & I are figuring out whether we can hit that, go get a ride in, catch the pro finish & maybe some AG buddies at T2.

@MamaCheetah do you have transportation down to Santa Rosa figured out?

@DerekL what kit are you racing in?
    MamaCheetah
  • Options
    @KenElPescadoPelado I was thinking of getting there early, running the run course and then riding up and down to run course on my bike to spectate. I need to look at the course map and see if this is possible.
    KenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetah
  • Options
    @EmilyCocks run course is back and forth and back and forth on a bike path. :s
    MamaCheetah
  • Options
    DerekLDerekL Member

Smart move @EmilyCocks. @neil5young & I are figuring out whether we can hit that, go get a ride in, catch the pro finish & maybe some AG buddies at T2.

It'll be an Austin Aquatics and Sports Academy kit. Mostly black with a white stripe across the chest that has the word "Academy" in the middle. Problem is there are over 30 of us racing and most in the same kit. That includes my coach who will be in the pro race. Just assume she is me and that I'm throwing down something in the 4:xx range.

KenElPescadoPeladoTad_MMamaCheetahAaron Webstey
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Hey, has anyone sued Rapp this week? Just wondering if he'll be in the right state of mind to finish this race before I chose him in a fantasy pool.
    KenElPescadoPeladokjrunninMamaCheetahAaron WebsteyPevashishDaul
  • Options
    Martin said:

Hey, has anyone sued Rapp this week? Just wondering if he'll be in the right state of mind to finish this race before I chose him in a fantasy pool.

Not sure, but we'll let you know if we see him riding a defective, unsafe bike.
    MamaCheetahAaron WebsteyPevashishDaul
  • Options

@MamaCheetah do you have transportation down to Santa Rosa figured out?

Thanks Ken for thinking of me ! I believe I have someone who can take me to the finish line.... BUT now y'alls got me thinking about running the run course after my swim for extra exercise ! Hmmmmm. I guess I better pack my TRS kit. Look for me out there peeps !! If not, I will be wearing cheetah pants from Wattie Ink (can't miss 'em and don't hate!)....
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyDerekL
  • Options
    I am doing some spotting for the Ironman coverage team...so if the "live coverage" blows you know who to blame.

Also, Rapp's career has been over for the last 3 years. This whole thing just put the nail in the coffin.
    KenElPescadoPeladoPevashishDaulfyrehaar
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I am doing some spotting for the Ironman coverage team...so if the "live coverage" blows you know who to blame.

Also, Rapp's career has been over for the last 3 years. This whole thing just put the nail in the coffin.

Wrong. Rapp recently suggested that he would have won Kona last year if he wasn't psyched out by his bike. No reason he doesn't carry that form forward for a year.
    MattbalsdorfEmilyCocksMamaCheetahAaron WebsteyPevashishDaulfyrehaar
  • Options
    Russian River Brewing for the afterparty? It's about 2 blocks from the finish, where we might get space on the patio to heckle people as they turn the corner.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    neil5youngneil5young Member
    edited May 2017

Russian River Brewing for the afterparty? It's about 2 blocks from the finish, where we might get space on the patio to heckle people as they turn the corner.

Space will be at a premium on a Saturday afternoon, but I'm going to at least bring my growler!

For anyone going up purely to spectate, @KenElPescadoPelado and I are riding out to one of the turns on the bike course (around 20 miles into the race), hanging for a bit, then heading back to town to catch the back half of the run.

Route - https://www.strava.com/routes/8674180.

Shoot us a PM if anyone's interested!

KenElPescadoPeladoM_WareMamaCheetahAaron Webstey

• Options
    Hey if anybody is still hanging out we just dropped into El Palomar Mexican joint along the finish chute. Brewery line was around the block. We're on the patio!
    M_WareMamaCheetah
  • Options
    @KenElPescadoPelado , @neil5young nice meeting you kids today !!!
    Tad_MAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Holy crapola, Jenson Button is not only fast in a race car, he's the real deal on the tri course. 4:13:54. Ist in AG, 22nd overall. He'd be a favorite in the all racer tri I guess.
    MamaCheetahAaron WebsteyMartinGasBomb
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Congrats @Kelly O'Mara !! 4:39 and 11th place. Solid.
    MamaCheetahM_WareTad_MKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninGasBombfyrehaarMatt
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey hey, thanks! this whole training and getting faster thing is fucking hard.
    MamaCheetahPevashishDaulM_WareAaron WebsteyTad_Mneil5youngKenElPescadoPeladokjrunninGasBombfyrehaarMatt
  • Options
    @DerekL sorry I didn't spot you but I did see your coach and she was cruising! How did your race go?
    MamaCheetah

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch