frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

So Rapp is being sued by Dimond?

Robert RankinRobert Rankin Member
edited April 2017 in Main
Can someone smarter than myself explain what Dimond has to gain from this?

https://www.gofundme.com/defend-rapp-v-dimond

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
dhrAaron WebsteyKuchGasBomb

Comments

• Options
    dhrdhr Member
    This is why I still frequent ST.

I'd encourage someone to sue @AaronWebstey for the laughs, but I just don't think it would be as compelling.
    Aaron WebsteyRobert RankinGasBombTad_Mfyrehaar
  • Options
    Yeah I still lurk on occasion. After a couple hours there's to much bullshit to wade through to find substance on a thread like that though.

I like Rapp but wonder if it were any other pro would the gofundme be allowed?
    maggieru

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I couldn't stop reading. I'm a sucker for the Rappstar.
    Martin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member

Yeah I still lurk on occasion. After a couple hours there's to much bullshit to wade through to find substance on a thread like that though.

I like Rapp but wonder if it were any other pro would the gofundme be allowed?

Nothing about that thread would survive if someone else had posted it. Stan's a piece of shit.
    Robert Rankinmaggierusimonsen77KenElPescadoPeladoGasBombfyrehaarKelly O'Mara
  • Options
    Can Ben please get Rapp on the show? And then halfway through pull away a curtain and bring out TJ, Jerry Springer style....
    M_WareRobert Rankinmaggierusimonsen77MartinThomasGerlachProTriMattKenElPescadoPeladoKuchwchevronmbrekk44GasBombTad_MSteve HalewskiDerekLZach MillerNate_MachrigpigHSeeley14Kelly O'MaraMamaCheetah
  • Options
    I love the drama so I went through the thread. Looks like they are also suing Ventum and Chris Blick, who if I recall was the Dimond Demo guy at all the expos.
  • Options
    SeanHSeanH Member
    I was wondering why Stan let that getbarreled guy rail on Dimond for several weeks now, thinking that if it was cervelo he would have permabanned him immediately. Should have known.
    balsdorfRobert Rankinsimonsen77dhrChristineCoggerGasBombTad_MJennifer PostNate_Mach
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited April 2017
    Hmm... Princeton educated engineer gets sued and begs the tri community to bail him out. Maybe he should have considered other paths for his life. Like attending Yale, where he would learn that if his case is cut and dry, a simple counter suit for legal fees and damages will either a) get this tossed out, or b) net him some much needed cash for his kids' futures. Maybe he should have considered not having 4 kids, but that's just a personal hell I hope to never enter.
    kjrunnindhrKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombJennifer PostEvanidking90Craig_DHSeeley14Kelly O'Maraet5504
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited April 2017

Can someone smarter than myself explain what Dimond has to gain from this?>

Even Herbert thinks this is nonsense:
    KenElPescadoPeladoGasBombfyrehaar
  • Options
    There's got to be another side of the story that doesn't match up. As far as I can tell from his essay; he had multiple issues with his bikes but didn't mention any of them until his exit interview. By then he had been signed to another company?

Jennifer PostEvan

• Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    All around, no one looks good in any of this. And that's coming from me, someone unafraid to shy away from confrontation, particularly when it comes to Slowtwitch.

Number one issue Rapp should realize is if this really does come to legal blows: having everything documented from his end is mistake #1. Even when I got knocked unconscious by a texting driver, the first advice I got was to take down every single personal account of the incident and to go dark and lock down all social media accounts. Mistake number two: by publicly bashing Dimond and contradicting previous statements he made about the brand is a complete 180 and calls into question his credibility when it comes to pimping sponsors.

But what do I know? I got banned by Slowtwitch simply for posting a url to a pro's blog post. All bets are off when it comes to what is and what isn't allowed by ST.
    Robert RankinGranpa ChookKenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyTad_Mfyrehaaridking90rmcanellyHSeeley14
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    The suit against Rapp seems justified. I'm more curious about Ventuum - did they hire Blick? So I guess that would simply be analogous to the suit against Diamondback?

But starting that thread seems like a bad idea on Rapp's part.
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    Will somebody please tell @ThomasGerlachProTri to shut the fuck up in that thread?

Jesus Christ, it's not about him.
    Granpa ChookKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MHSeeley14
  • Options
    ThomasGerlachProTriThomasGerlachProTri Member, Pro Triathlete
    dhr said:

Will somebody please tell @ThomasGerlachProTri to shut the fuck up in that thread?

Jesus Christ, it's not about him.

Anything specific to shut my yapper about? I am going off on all kinds of tangents. There is a reason some have nicknamed me Thomas the Tangent.
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyRobert RankinTad_MHSeeley14
  • Options
    balsdorf said:

Can Ben please get Rapp on the show? And then halfway through pull away a curtain and bring out TJ, Jerry Springer style....

Only if Angela Durazo is holding the curtain.
    MattRobert RankinGasBombHSeeley14
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    If you're not able to add value to the thread (and you're absolutely not), at least post some jokes. Good or bad.

Or just keep talking about how you know everyone involved.
    Tad_M
  • Options
    dhr said:

If you're not able to add value to the thread (and you're absolutely not), at least post some jokes. Good or bad.

You mean like sniffing saddles or something??? I'll be honest, it is pretty easy to tell jokes when you are completely anonymous.
    ellsworth53tCraig_DHSeeley14
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

To answer re: contextual ads: it should be a mix of your Amazon browsing history and some kind of keyword analysis of the text on whatever page you're viewing.

Man, you weren't kidding.

KenElPescadoPeladoM_WareKuchIanLMartinsimonsen77Aaron WebsteyRobert RankinGasBombTad_MfyrehaarCraig_DGranpa ChookkjrunninHSeeley14Kelly O'Mara
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Instant POTM to anyone who buys a $45k diamond using that link.
    MartinGasBombTad_MKuchJennifer Postfyrehaaridking90Craig_DHSeeley14
    #KOAT
  • Options
    edited April 2017

I couldn't stop reading. I'm a sucker for the Rappstar.

Hm, a sober re-read indicates that there may be some flaws in his strategy. Sworry, Jordan.
    MartinTad_MJennifer Post
    #KOAT
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member

dhr said:

You mean like sniffing saddles or something??? I'll be honest, it is pretty easy to tell jokes when you are completely anonymous.
    Like Devon Palmer?

There's another option: not making 15 ridiculously long posts to talk about yourself and who you know.

Martin
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Aaron WebsteyMattSeanHmaggieru
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    SeanHSeanH Member
    Ok finally got caught up and read that thread.

So basically rappstar admits that he's been lying to us for years because it was in his best interest to do so. But he wants us to believe him now? Lololololololol

For the record, I do own a Dimond but only because I got a smoking deal on a brand new unpainted frame from @Zach Boring for $1750. I have not had issues with it other than being less than impressed with the tolerances on the small bracket where the rear brake cable penetrates the frame. I like the bike but I don't have any sort of brand loyalty or anything.

But this suit is curious from their end as well. Maybe they knew rappstsr would go public on Slowtwitch and they could use that against him? Re: all the people giving them testimony that they will no longer consider a Dimond because of rapp.
    GasBombEvan
  • Options
    @dhr kudos for the cubic zirconia line

Can't believe Rapp's lawyer thought that post was a good idea. If anything it's proving his brand value and helping Dimonds case.
    MartinGasBombdhr

• Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    I am just going to say it--Rapp is an idiot.

He writes dissertations to defend his point on EVERYTHING.

Remember the Docherty and Tim Reed IM Texas pass thing--freaking long ass emails.

He is full of shit.

I don't know the specifics of the Dimond case but if you are willing to tell us it was "life or death" but then do giveaways for them you are a douchebag.

No credibility. His story is out there with this post and anything he says differently in court documents will be called out.

And the go fund me..I can't even begin to express my feeling on that. And throwing in the "i have kids, a family, blah blah blah..." Everyone has something, you aren't special dude.
    simonsen77SeanHmaggieruMartinAdam_HallwchevronGasBombTad_MJennifer PostKenElPescadoPeladodhrEvanNotSoFatLewShepherdDawnCRobert RankinfyrehaarCraig_DkjrunninChristineCoggerGranpa ChookrmcanellyrigpigHSeeley14Kelly O'Maraet5504
  • Options
    Unpacking a few different things:

1.) Dimond is suing on the basis of violating his contract with them. Pretty simple contract claim, really. I can't ascertain their calculation of damages to get to six figures, but hey, whatever. Jordan's crossclaim is that they were in breach, which left him free to negotiate elsewhere. Relatively simple employment dispute, really.

2.) The thread - well...now this is where shit's gonna get interesting, because now there's going to be a whole mess of additional claims that are likely to come out of it (both against Jordan and against Dimond). Defamation, products liability, etc. This is gonna be a lot more expensive than $25K, especially if both sides decide to dig in.

3.) In re: product endorsement - yeah, that creates its own treasure trove of evidence.

4.) It would seem that Dimond is trigger happy on litigation, based on their additional suit against Chris Blick (although I have no idea how that survives summary judgment, without diving into it further). I can't see how this ends well for them regardless of outcome.
    simonsen77maggieruTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoRobert Rankinfyrehaar
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Let's not forget the entire point of Jordan Rapp's initial post.....to ask people for money on his gofundme after he said he had money in savings, but would rather not use that money. As I type this there's currently $2438 raised. Triathletes are idiots.

MartinEmilyCocksKenElPescadoPeladoShepherdRobert RankinHSeeley14et5504
  • Options

I am just going to say it--Rapp is an idiot.

He writes dissertations to defend his point on EVERYTHING.

Remember the Docherty and Tim Reed IM Texas pass thing--freaking long ass emails.

He is full of shit.

I don't know the specifics of the Dimond case but if you are willing to tell us it was "life or death" but then do giveaways for them you are a douchebag.

No credibility. His story is out there with this post and anything he says differently in court documents will be called out.

And the go fund me..I can't even begin to express my feeling on that. And throwing in the "i have kids, a family, blah blah blah..." Everyone has something, you aren't special dude.

I agree 1000%

I kinda wish I didn't even hear about it but unfortunately, it's everywhere.

• Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM

This had me cracking up when I saw it.
    M_WareTad_MSeanHKuchMattdhrdoyoueventribroDawnCRobert RankinItsShugDerekLMartinidking90neil5youngmbrekk44GentlemanJerseyDaveHSeeley14
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited April 2017
    Stan and Jordan are paid shills. Also, two things that I am certain of after reading the ST thread. 1. Dimond is done! Over and out! 2. Jordan is a vicious motherfucker. Seriously, this is Machiavellian. Regardless of settlements or suits or blah blah blah, he single handedly just ended TJ's career as a bike manufacturer. Now that is how you leverage your position within the industry to completely end someones career aspirations. Impressive. Oh and @ThomasGerlachProTri , keep posting and keep being neurotic and suspicious about triathlon equipment. I actually enjoy and trust your reviews because of your "outsider" status. Respect.
    Aaron WebsteySeanHKuchTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoJennifer PostMartin

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch