frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

BAAW Thread?

Comments

• Options
    dhrdhr Member
    kjrunnin said:

Well damn that was short lived. ...Can I get a boob badge then?

Not without pics.

(That's horrible and not at all representative of my views or internet persona. I just couldn't help myself.)

kjrunninGasBombAaronWebsteymbrekk44KuchOverSwimmerCraig_D
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    It's ok @dhr. I'm sure @AaronWebstey will gladly DM you a pic of his boobs.
    dhrAaronWebsteysimonsen77A_drizzleOverSwimmerCraig_DTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Well I finally found a good use for the 'spoiler' tag. View at your own risk.

kjrunninellsworth53tKenElPescadoPeladodhrMattwchevronGasBombSeanHMartinDark_marktoebutt769
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    @AaronWebstey Also a good use for the hide button
    KHilgendorfGasBombAaronWebstey
  • Options
    @simonsen77 They have a Y shaped cable now? Damn, wish they had that when I built my bike.

For those that are curious....
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Found a quote from Josh at Culprit... the bar end junction doesn't fit in aero extensions.

So it's back to hiding the junction box in a bento or under the seat.
    AaronWebstey
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    MamaCheetahMamaCheetah Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member

@AaronWebstey I have another salon pic for you. But this time the boner is gone.

Last pic you guys will see of this thing. Changed stem and got a much thinner dust cap so I got it lowered quite a bit. Risers still aren't ideal but I think this will work.

All jokes aside thanks for the advise. I have been trying to figure out the best setup to run with what I have available and you helped sort that out.

I had a boyfriend back in the 90s who had bed sheets and underwear in that pattern. #ahMemories !!
    M_WareGasBombellsworth53tAaronWebsteydhrmbrekk44MartinKenElPescadoPeladoTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M
  • Options
    @MamaCheetah we have missed you!
    AaronWebsteyTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M
  • Options
    AaronWebsteyAaronWebstey Administrator, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Oh my, I must apologize to everybody. The long weekend kinda wrecked my sense a little I think. I should probably be banned.
    MamaCheetahTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    balsdorf said:

@MamaCheetah we have missed you!

I was busy exercising one day and a storm came through and a house landed on my sister. She was wearing these ruby slippers.... anyway, fast forward - the water didn't melt me and so I am back to mildly amuse and / or annoy.

AaronWebsteyM_WareGasBombKuchKenElPescadoPeladoTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M
  • Options

Oh my, I must apologize to everybody. The long weekend kinda wrecked my sense a little I think. I should probably be banned.

Please "Don't Shut This Shit Down!" ! - I just got back, and I have so much reading to catch up on....
    AaronWebsteyGasBombTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M
  • Options
    @dhr I missed you most, focker !!! I almost drowned in my drink when I saw your thumbs down !!!
    AaronWebsteydhrM_Ware
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    @MamaCheetah Don't say I never did anything for you. And if you stick around, there are more backpfeifengesichts where that came from.
    MamaCheetahAaronWebsteyTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator
    That's like Chris Brown applying to work at United Airlines....
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaronWebsteymbrekk44OverSwimmerCraig_DTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M
  • Options
    http://triathlonworld.com/equipment/alistair-brownlees-new-ride-141163/scott-plasma

Can't wait to see his position....how are the end of his extensions lower than the pads?
  • Options
    Bah, you can see the valve stem on the front tire. So close....
    neil5youngMartin
  • Options
    Slight deductions for the skewers, but I'm very impressed.

AaronWebstey
  • Options
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_MTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    @Matt, what is the official convention for skewers and disc brakes? Seriously, I'm a disc dummy.

• Options
    Although we're moving toward thru-axles instead of skewers, the front should be in line with the fork and the rear with the chainstay.
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_M
  • Options
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_MTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Sorry @Matt, I've read that they move to the right side (drive side) of the bike when you are disc brake. Is that correct? I don't have mountain bikes, don't know this. Is this a stylistic thing, safety thing, or is this complete BS?

• Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Front thru axle will be on drive side, to avoid the disc. Rear is still on port side.
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_M
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Yup, just like @simonsen77 said. Both discs are on the non-drive side. The rear skewer is on the same side as the disc by default (to not interfere with the cassette and derailleur). There's no convention for the front skewer, but most put it on the drive side because the disc is more likely to be hot.
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_M
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    Figured I would show off the emonda after I got all of my enve goodies and new chainrings installed..
    KuchTuck_n_Roll_Tad_MM_Waresimonsen77Mattneil5youngOverSwimmerCraig_DdoyoueventribrodhrMartinGasBombEvanDark_markscottyMamaCheetahtoebutt769Robert Rankinbrockduke21
  • Options
  • Options
    Respectfully submitted.

M_Waresimonsen77OverSwimmerCraig_DKHilgendorfGasBombmbrekk44AaronWebstey

• Options
    1) Clean the bike
    2) Install/Align tire logos and tube valves (get rid of the plastic valve cap and nuts)
    3) Flat saddle
    4) Slam stem (flat or negative rise only) Damn your T-Rex geometry
    5) Remove saddle bag, bottles, computer (but ok to keep the cages, computer holder, etc.)
    6) Chain in the big ring (N/A) + smallest cog
    7) Drive-side only
    8) Drive-side crank either at 3 o'clock (horizontal) or in line with your chainstay
    9) Valves at 6 o'clock (pointing up) or hidden between fork/seatstays
    10) Hide skewers

9.25/10

Notes:
    Why did this wheel company not align their decals with the valve hole? Makes it look off when you install the tires correctly.
    How short is the crank compared to your leg length?
    AaronWebstey
  • Options
    edited April 2017
    Arrrgggghhhhgg, my t rex body! 172.5 cranks.
    @Matt Does the valve caps delete get me anything? What do you run, nothing? Not even feasible on my roads.
    I wondered about Mavic putting the logos weird. Can't explain it.
    Ill resubmit when my centerlocks come in for my ENVE wheels.
    I could cut the steerer down, submit, then flip the stem for riding...... but thats against the BAAW code of ethics.

• Options
    No deduction for the valve caps or nuts, and I typically run nothing. Only -0.75 for the stem instead of -1 because I feel bad you're not biomechanically #blessed for this bike.
    Tuck_n_Roll_Tad_MGasBombAaronWebstey
  • Options
    Take notes, here are some beauties from Sea Otter Classic (CyclingTips Gallery)

EvanM_WareGasBombmbrekk44AaronWebsteyTuck_n_Roll_Tad_M
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member, TRS/Baucco Team Member
    that top one, @Matt has me drooling
    M_WareAaronWebstey

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2016 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch