frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

TRS106- Aero Shootout

ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
edited April 2017 in Main
Couple of points: it felt like a Slowtwitch circle jerk. @TRS_tri was clearly more interested in the drama of the forum than the test. Listening to the episode was a guilty pleasure because I knew more about the ST drama than I care to admit and was myself all-in on the circle jerk.
I'm also super interested in the test.
Kiley sounds like a cool dude.
Romulus was a dick, I think he insulted me and I'm pretty quiet over there, he just looked for fights.
Publius was funny, but I also think a lesson. His approach jeopardized the entire test. I personally think I am less than professional, and it probably hurts me at times.
Heath was cooler in person than I could have imagined.
@desert dude I thought was the biggest dick when I first joined Slowtwitch. Then I realized he knew his shit and came around to really like him. I thought his personality would be more foreboding, like his internet persona.
In summation, I'd love to buy all of these guys a beer. We all probably come across as a-holes on the internet from time to time, we all have a love-hate relationship with Slowtwitch and TRS, we all hate @ThomasGerlachProTri , and we all have far more in common, even with Empfield (and yes even with H2oFun), than we have differences....Which is the true lesson of Publius / Romulus / Kiley.
Aaron WebsteyM_WareKuchmaggieruidking90Tad_M

Comments

• Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Completely agree, except for H2OFUN, that fucker is a special kind of moron.
    balsdorfM_Waredesert dudeKuchMartinTad_M

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    I don't think I have much in common with Stan or that other idiot outside of triathlon being a hobby of mine.
    Martin
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I can't wait to listen, but must say that I hope my attitude doesn't support the "ST as guilty pleasure" vibe I often feel here. You don't judge me for having binge-watched The OC 4 times; we're not judging anyone. I love that this is a safe place to speak openly about any topic, including speaking your mind about the latest weird happenings on ST.
    Sworry to distract from the main theme of the post. We were very lucky to have @desert dude as a regular poster for a while, and are lucky that @TRS_tri brought us together. I can't wait to hear the episode and am sorry to Ben that I didn't have any good ideas.
    maggieruidking90
    #KOAT
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @AaronWebstey My last roommate binge watched the OC 5 times.
    M_WareAaron Websteybrockduke21
  • Options
    I still lurk here weekly.
    And I like beer, a lot. I don't drink crap beer and I have a high tolerance so you should bring a wallet full of cash!

fwiw Romulus insulted me as well and I coached that little MFer
    Aaron WebsteyKuchIanLGasBombMattkjrunninM_WareSeanHmaggieruMartinidking90Granpa ChookTad_MBrent_Rsimonsen77Hensatcyournotunique
  • Options
    IanLIanL Member

I still lurk here weekly.
    And I like beer, a lot. I don't drink crap beer

I like this part. I get so sad when people I am out dining with order the Thunder Mug of Bud Lite because - hey it's beer and it's cheap. Ugh.

Tad_M
  • Options
    I generally find ST insufferable. A bunch of tiny dicked malcontents. Someone explain to me why this test's results will be more biased than the results published by a bike company on their own bike's aerodynamics, which seems to be a popular sentiment over there.
    Aaron WebsteyTad_M
    ______

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member

When I was 18 a girl dated me because I looked like Adam Brody.
    Kuchellsworth53tAaron WebsteyMartin
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    Liked the episode—though have to agree that there was a little too much emphasis on Slowtwitch and Kiley - not enough on the wind tunnel test/process itself. Will be curious to see what comes out of A2 today.

Knowing all three, I think there would have been more insights gained from giving more air time to Stover and Heath and their collective wisdom versus Kiley and his much-adored multiple personalities... but that's just me.

p.s. Heath betrayed my "research" provided to Dark Mark: I relayed that Heath was very humble and that you wouldn't know that he was a former pro cyclist or raced Kona. 20 seconds in.... :#
    Mark_after_Darkellsworth53tAaron WebsteyMartinGasBombidking90Granpa ChookTad_Msimonsen77Ryan Heisleryournotunique
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    @maggieru I agree. Ben wanted to ask about it and Kiley wanted to talk about it. For most people save for a small group of frequent 'twitchers, it was not very interesting. But, it certainly fits Ben's milieu.
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    I dared frequent Slowtwitch for the first time since my ban and was surprised at the reluctance for ST to publish the results. I mean, last year, I shared my tunnel results, recently Gerlach shared his, countless people have... and yet this is the first time an eyebrow has been raised. "This is a god-damn forum, not pubmed for Christ's sake." - argmac

As biased as Kiley is, does Dan not realize that Heath and Stover and conducting these tests? So many contradictions and folks unaware of A2 testing protocol chiming in simply because they don't like someone taking things into their own hands.

Really interesting to follow on facebook to see how testing is progressing: https://www.facebook.com/AeroCamp-351344665263968/
    Aaron Webstey
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Matt said:

When I was 18 a girl dated me because I looked like Adam Brody.
    And if you actually looked like him, she was correct to do so.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I actually kinda enjoyed the ST history bits, although I'm still only about half done the episode so maybe it gets old.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    I don't think Pubes is as biased as everyone makes him out. He buys/uses half of the shit he maligns over there. I think he's more interested in skewering the companies for their absurd claims...those very same dubious claims that Stan lets the manufacturers post all over his site.
    Aaron WebsteyMattSeanHMartinGasBombTad_M
  • Options
    Someone forgot to let their Twitter person know what's been going on in the forum, I guess

Tad_MBrent_R
    #KOAT
  • Options

Someone forgot to let their Twitter person know what's been going on in the forum, I guess

LoL. This cracks my shit up.
    Aaron WebsteyDawnCTad_M

• Options
    dhr said:

I think he's more interested in skewering the companies for their absurd claims...those very same dubious claims that Stan lets the manufacturers post all over his site.

thisthisthisthisthisthisthis
    ______

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    The Rudy Project helmet joke was a highlight of the episode. That shit never gets old.
    maggieruAaron WebsteyTad_M
  • Options

Herbert is there (who I'm assuming is the one tweeting).... presumably to write an ST article on the whole thing. Kiley's ban lasted like 2-3 days... if even that. Pretty sure Herbert is very aware of whats going on.

I don't know if anyone noticed but Kiley was banned either Friday night or Saturday morning on the weekend of oceanside. Well he was racing oceanside and managed to get in 2 or 3 of the photos of the ST gallery that was posted on the website later that day or a day after the race. I thought that was funny....

http://www.slowtwitch.com/Features/2017_Oceanside_70.3_Gallery_6285.html

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Martin said:

The Rudy Project helmet joke was a highlight of the episode. That shit never gets old.

Same here.... yet people keep on buying those things.
    Martin
  • Options
    SeanHSeanH Member
    It's one big Stan induced circle jerk over there right now. And it's also obvious why Dan was being a dick about this testing last week. He's now able to claim that with his input this testing is bonafide and that he was involved.
    Aaron WebsteyTad_MGasBombdhrMatt
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    edited April 2017
    SeanH said:

It's one big Stan induced circle jerk over there right now. And it's also obvious why Dan was being a dick about this testing last week. He's now able to claim that with his input this testing is bonafide and that he was involved.

ding ding ding ding @SeanH and @dhr , your points remind me of a quote in one of my favorite movies:

Aaron WebsteyM_WareGasBomb
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    SeanH said:

More or less nailed it: http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/To_Kiley,_and_the_rest_of_the_crew_at_A2_P6283176/?forum_view=forum_view_collapsed&
    Aaron Websteybrockduke21Mattsimonsen77Tad_M
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    Well, he did invent the tri bike and tri wetsuit, after all. In case you didn't know that.
    brockduke21M_WareGasBombsimonsen77Tad_M
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    And for what it's worth, I've made slight modifications to countless pre-existing designs, but you don't see me running all over the place claiming I'm some hot shit inventor.

You know, because every fucking human that's made it to adolescence throughout the history of mankind has done the same goddamn thing.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyGasBombTad_M
  • Options
    Dark_mark said:

@maggieru I agree. Ben wanted to ask about it and Kiley wanted to talk about it. For most people save for a small group of frequent 'twitchers, it was not very interesting. But, it certainly fits Ben's milieu.

As someone who almost never visits slowtwitch, I was actually pretty interested in the stories about Kiley. I had no idea who he was and still thought it was fun. I can't speak for everyone, but I would love more occasional episodes with triathlon "personalities."

Aaron WebsteyGasBombMatt
  • Options
    dhr said:

Well, he did invent the tri bike and tri wetsuit, after all. In case you didn't know that.

And the triathlon internet.
    Aaron WebsteyElaine KGasBombkjrunninIanLMattdhrTad_MMamaCheetah
  • Options

I can't speak for everyone, but I would love more occasional episodes with triathlon "personalities."

I think 'Internet people IRL' would make a great intro segment, like 5-10 minutes of chatting with your favourite users/trolls/forum favs.
    Elaine KjimmymstevensonMattGasBombMartinyournotunique
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Enjoying it so far, but I refuse to hear his handle as "Kylie A Y". It'll always be "Kyle YAY"
    neil5youngAaron WebsteyscottyGasBombTad_M
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch