frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

TRS Episode 105-AKA Jocelyn McCauley thinks Webstey is a Heathen

GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
edited April 2017 in TRS Radio
Witty banter. Tim Floyd is actually pretty funny. Jocelyn McCauley's husband is a lucky dude. @AaronWebstey is a total creep and is going directly to hell (or wherever non Mormons go to burn for eternity)

Clay Richard Gasway
King of all Mediocrity
Aaron WebsteyM_Waresimonsen77Craig_DMamaCheetah

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Uh oh.
    GasBombKenElPescadoPelado
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Oh man, I can't wait to listen to this now.
    GasBombAaron Webstey
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Warning - I used a fair amount of extrapolation to put words into Jocelyn's mouth.
    Aaron WebsteyTad_Mkjrunnin

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Nah, it's fair.

She clearly has listened to a few - calling out @Dark_mark'S research, etc.

And have fun on the cruise Ben. We took one last week for spring break. Great trip with the kids. Much easier way to check the Disney characters than the parks.
    GasBombAaron Webstey
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I'd say she calls em like she sees em.
    GasBombMamaCheetah
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I just finished listening to this one and I'm just damn curious about that Hanson camp story. Who else was there? What work had they done? I mean, it's just so weird.
    Aaron Websteykjrunnin
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    edited April 2017
    @Brent_R I think you can tell pretty quickly if an certain athlete type/personality will fit your system and coaching style. Paulo Sousa is a certain type of coach and some athletes don't work. It seems that might have been the case here.

I was a college swim coach and on recruiting trips you got a feel of the athlete and how they operated. Plus, my team members would hang out with them and figure out if they fit in. More often than not, you could tell who was going to actually consider coming to our school and who would pass after a 48 hour visit.
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Oh sure, but who was there for those 2 days? What kinds of workouts had happened? Did someone else join the squad after? Who or what caused such an obvious personality clash. I'm just fascinated by the dynamic that causes a coach to turn down someone who would otherwise seem a relatively reasonable bet for some wins.

Also, I tried to avoid spoilers for those who hadn't, but should in any event, go listen to the podcast.
    GasBomb
  • Options
    I haven't listened to this episode yet, is it any good?
    Aaron WebsteyKuchGasBombkjrunninmaggieruneil5youngidking90Martin

Do you know who I am?

• Options
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    @Brent_R he hasn't been that consistent since his IMTX win in 2015....

ask Paulo--he posted in the thread :)
    GasBombbrockduke21
  • Options
    Hey @TheActualPaulo why wasn't Matt Hanson a good fit for the Triathlon Squad?

Also, are Heather and Magali going to get pregnant now? All the cool kids seem to be doing it.
    Aaron Websteybrockduke21
  • Options
    I'm not going to tell you what happened. It looks like it's a great story for everyone involved and great stories are one of the biggest pleasures in life.

It's nothing sinister, though. I wish Matt the best in his career moving forward.
    GasBombAaron WebsteyKuchTad_M

Do you know who I am?

• Options
    jocemccauleyjocemccauley Member, Pro Triathlete
    Just got on here for the first time since it's become triroost. Thanks for the synopsis Gasbomb, pretty much exact quotes- except that we all go to heaven :)
    Aaron Websteybalsdorfsimonsen77KuchM_WareMattKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombTad_M
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    edited April 2017
    I asked Paulo about it via direct message (I allow him to follow me) and the reason that he told me was that Matt was in a serious relationship with a Japanese body pillow and it was not getting along with Paulo's Japanese body pillow. Not much of a story there really.
    Mark_after_Darkidking90mbrekk44TheActualPauloGasBomb
  • Options

Just got on here for the first time since it's become triroost. Thanks for the synopsis Gasbomb, pretty much exact quotes- except that we all go to heaven :)

Double-favourite, dammit! Great to see you back, Joce.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Dark_mark said:

I asked Paulo about it via direct message (I allow him to follow me) and the reason that he told me was that Matt was in a serious relationship with a Japanese body pillow and it was not getting along with Paulo's Japanese body pillow. Not much of a story there really.

That was painful to read. Not funny at all. I hear AlwaysCurious liked it though. It says there you edited it? I shudder to know what was the original version.
    mbrekk44Aaron WebsteyM_WareGasBombTad_MGranpa Chook

Do you know who I am?

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

Double-favourite, dammit! Great to see you back, Joce.
    Who knew there was a Double -favourite...... #smitten
    Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    He's in Canada. It's a double-double favourite
    MattTad_MAaron Webstey
    Canadian Division

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch