frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Looking for 920XT to buy or preferably trade

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
I borrowed a friend's Ambit3 over the weekend, and now I just can't get it up* for my old 310XT any more (*my heart rate, of course). I have the HRM and straps, just want the watch and I need it to be cheap - like, $150 CAD max - or else I'm just gonna have to tape a photo of a 920 onto the old 310 and use my imagination.

Things I could trade:
- HJEs (obviously)
- One set of Recon JETs (retail $500USD; not really my bag) image
- one month of ad space on TriRoost.com! Force @Matt , me, @ItsShug , and M Ware to view your ad hundreds of times per day.
- a date with Tad Hamilton
- my last remaining shred of dignity
- maple syrup I guess
- A TriRoost trophy that certifies you as "swellest forum member around" + 200 points and virtually guaranteed POTM honours
- lightly used, refurbished Garmin 310xt
- @AJ Baucco will come to your house and cook you dinner with no shirt on (pending AJ's approval but I'm sure he'll be cool with it)
- next time I'm on TRS Radio, I will figure out a way to work your name into the conversation without Ben noticing. e.g. if your name is John Smith I will say "I gotta go to the John. Smith makes great sunglasses don't you think?".

Creative suggestions welcome.
#KOAT
M_WareMattGasBombmbrekk44kjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoItsShugHSeeley14Craig_DTad_M

Comments

• Options
    Zach BoringZach Boring Member
    edited March 2017
    How about a free 735xt?

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

How about a free 735xt?

Sure, what's the catch? I'm probably up for 95% of all possibilities.

OK 100%.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Can you afford to wait a few days or maybe even a few weeks?

I expect there to be a bunch of 920's for sale here shortly.
    Aaron WebsteyHSeeley14
  • Options
    Yeah, I'm kinda thinking the same. I'm not in a panic or anything, but it is mildly annoying to still be only using an older model watch to track my exercise practice. Thx @stevej !
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    There's a 935xt that is supposed to come out soon-ish, right? The 920's will drop again in price. (I still have a 910)
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey I expect the new Garmin watch to be out this week or next week. Latest date would be the Boston marathon but I don't see why they would release a triathlon/multisport watch on the same day. IMO, they are different markets but whatever.

My 920xt will probably be for sale. Unless this built up hype for the new watch is anti-climatic and the new watch doesn't tickle my fancy.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Excellent. Coincidentally, "tickling your fancy" is yet another service I would perform in exchange for a Garmin.
    GasBombbalsdorfkjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Kelly O'MaraKelly O'Mara Member, Pro Triathlete
    I might sell you an old 910XT (ie. I think my husband wants to upgrade his) in exchange for ads all over the site about how I am awesome.

(Actually, for real, message me, I don't know if he wants to sell it, but he just bought a bunch of new shit.)
  • Options

I might sell you an old 910XT (ie. I think my husband wants to upgrade his) in exchange for ads all over the site about how I am awesome.

(Actually, for real, message me, I don't know if he wants to sell it, but he just bought a bunch of new shit.)

If Webstey doesn't want it, let me know. Want to get one for the Mrs now that she's training again after babies. She's using my shit 310XT right now.
    Kelly O'Mara

• Options
    IanLIanL Member
    I have a great 305 in case you prefer to go backwards and get all retro.
    M_WarekjrunninAaron WebsteyMartinidking90Tad_M
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    Just duct tape an old laptop you have laying around to your wrist. Same size with more computing ability compared to the 305.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    This is what I imagine @AaronWebstey would rock...

M_WareMattellsworth53tkjrunninAaron WebsteyMartinDawnCsimonsen77RashGasBombBrent_RCraig_DTad_M
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    More like this:

Mattmbrekk44Kelly O'MarakjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyMartinbalsdorfDawnCsimonsen77idking90GasBombBrent_RCraig_DTad_M

• Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @AaronWebstey this is what I am rocking:
    https://www.amazon.com/Garmin-010-01297-00-vívoactive-Black/dp/B00RE1UL52

Downsides: No Tri mode, so it can't be used for races. No open water swim mode. No Power Meter Support (but I use a separate bike computer and I don't have a power meter). Doesn't do interval workouts.

Upsides: Slim. Can be worn like a regular watch. Does count laps in the pool. Awesome for training so long as you don't want power or open water swimming.

I don't know that it's what you are looking for, but for me it's been an awesome training watch and priced absurdly cheap at $164 for what it does.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Don't discount advertising to this audience. I have a bike from The Racery parked on the trainer in my basement, right @Devon Palmer?

Hands up how many TriRoosters have done business with The Racery since their ad was read by @TRS_tri last year?
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyDawnCsimonsen77
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    As long as @Zach Boring can find his 735, that 910 is all yours @neil5young !
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Either way, thanks @Kelly O'Mara !
    #KOAT
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    according to amazon, i think the prices have already dropped given the pending release

735x is a sweet watch to whoever was offering it but it doesn't have battery life for IM distance.

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Evan said:

it doesn't have battery life for IM distance.

I was hoping to get on here and say something snarky, like, "well, maybe not for you!" And then pull up a screenshot that said battery life was 8 hrs. But they spec 14, so I'd say 10-11 would be likely. Not too shabby - puts my TomTom to shame, but probably not good for a full.
    Evan
  • Options
    If I ever need a watch that lasts for 8+ hours of exercise, I won't have a wife to keep me from buying bleeding-edge, beta stage, full price + import fees products while starving in my "tiny house" aka cardboard box
    balsdorfkjrunninEvanTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Wasn't successful last night. Lots of boxes of stuff and I can't remember where it's at..... this may be a while....

• Options

Wasn't successful last night. Lots of boxes of stuff and I can't remember where it's at..... this may be a while....

I've had a 310XT since 2009. If you think you might find it and don't mind looking, I can wait. Thanks buddy!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Kelly O'MaraKelly O'Mara Member, Pro Triathlete
    @neil5young finding out what the husband is doing with the 3 910s he's got on his desk. i don't even want to know really.
  • Options

@neil5young finding out what the husband is doing with the 3 910s he's got on his desk. i don't even want to know really.

Amazing - thank you! I'm semi-local, too (Half Moon Bay) so we can figure out a simple way to work out details.

• Options
    EvanEvan Member
    @KHilgendorf i thought DCR said it was like really 8-9 hours (not happening in my lifetime). my goal is to break 11 one day, i suppose my watch dying would be a good incentive to keep going...
    KenElPescadoPelado

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    Well, looks like the 935 starts shipping today!!

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2017/03/garmin-forerunner-935-depth-review.html/comment-page-1#comment-2048687

Time to sit back and watch the 920XTs owners come rolling in, begging to unload what is now a complete pile of garbage, at a rock-bottom price.
    KenElPescadoPeladobalsdorfMartinTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Already saw a 920 pop up for sale on the local triathlete FB group.
    Aaron WebsteyMartin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch