frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

2017 Race results and pics

Comments

• Options
    Evan said:

Dark_mark said:

A dream of mine I have is for @Robert Rankin purposely gain weight - while still training hard - and get up to 250 lbs then race somewhere and just lay waste to a bunch of tiny triathletes while hauling ass the way he does.

I think I've found the heaviest I can maintain while still training is about 220 for tri's and 230 for running. The bike just burns to many calories. Sorry to disappoint but I'm going to have to drop down under 200 to have a shot at my goal for IMFL. Lets face it though, at 200 I'm still bigger than 99.9% of FOP/MOP triathletes.
    wait, you're almost 200 lbs? how tall are you? what's the IMFL goal, again?
    I'm sitting at 6'4" 215 lbs right now. I promised this would be my last full for awhile so hoping for low 9's and a Kona slot. Going to need a perfect day for that but I think it's possible
    M_WareCraig_DDawnC

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I'm so looking fwd to the day that @Robert Rankin and I can have a weight-per-speed faceoff.
    KenElPescadoPeladoRobert Rankin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    rigpigrigpig Member, Rooster Endurance Member

I'm so looking fwd to the day that @Robert Rankin and I can have a weight-per-speed faceoff.

So Webstey, does that mean you are gonna train then?
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron WebsteyRobert RankinMartin

Kevin Brydges
    You're the rig guy? You don't look like you worked on rigs....
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    rigpig said:

So Webstey, does that mean you are gonna train then?
    Sounds like he needs to drop a few pounds to get to @Robert Rankin level.
    Aaron WebsteyRobert Rankin
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I've exercised about 6 days/week since late Jan/early Feb and am currently a still-gelatinous 200lb (5'10). That's a weight/height ratio of 2.85 to Rankin's 2.82 (bigger number = fatter). No way I'd be able to finish a full distance, but it would be fun to race a 1/2 if the ratios stayed the same.
    Robert Rankinmbrekk44StruangGasBomb
    #KOAT
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @AaronWebstey 200/70 = 2.857 which rounds up to 2.86. Quit trying to suck in, you fat bastard.

Sincerely,

Pie-loving 3.14
    MattAaron WebsteyM_WareRobert RankinEvanStruangGasBombTad_MCraig_DkjrunninMartinDawnCmaggieru
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited March 2017
    @AaronWebstey in metric you're a 0.51 (90.7kg/177.8cm).

Sincerely,
    0.38 metric / 2.14 freedom units (aka Thin Mint)
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_Dkjrunnin
  • Options
    Not the first time I've been called a 5/10
    KHilgendorfMattKenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77Robert Rankinmbrekk44StruangGasBombTad_MkjrunninCraig_DMartinGranpa ChookBrent_R
    #KOAT
  • Options

I've exercised about 6 days/week since late Jan/early Feb and am currently a still-gelatinous 200lb (5'10). That's a weight/height ratio of 2.85 to Rankin's 2.82 (bigger number = fatter). No way I'd be able to finish a full distance, but it would be fun to race a 1/2 if the ratios stayed the same.

If I don't make it to Kona next year I might be able to convince my better half to let me do the Barrelman tri. She has family in that area.

• Options
    edited March 2017

If I don't make it to Kona next year I might be able to convince my better half to let me do the Barrelman tri. She has family in that area.

Cool! I have family in the area too, can I pick you up on the way? :)

#KOAT
  • Options
    Don't think we'd overlap at all

• Options
    Good lord! I forgot you're in Florida. We truly are perfectly matched.
    simonsen77
    #KOAT
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    @AaronWebstey maybe you can stop there on your way to Raleigh and do some recon
    Aaron WebsteyEvanM_WareGasBombKenElPescadoPeladoTad_MkjrunninRobert RankinFastCat1107
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    Me and some friends were once denied entry to Canada at Niagara Falls at 1 in the morning because we were all too high.
    Aaron Websteymbrekk44GasBombKenElPescadoPeladoRobert RankinMartinellsworth53tFastCat1107
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    So now I've got to sign up for barrelman. Triathlon is expensive.
    M_WareAaron Webstey

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    GasBomb said:

So now I've got to sign up for barrelman. Triathlon is expensive.

Triathlon is cheap. The races are expensive.

@AaronWebstey 200/70 = 2.857 which rounds up to 2.86. Quit trying to suck in, you fat bastard.

Sincerely,

Pie-loving 3.14

Just call me 2.756, I think going to 3 digits will look cooler on our race jerseys next year. If we order jerseys in December, I've got 0.690 years to crack the 3.000 mark. That'll get me re-upped for 2018 right?
    M_WareAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'm 2.3, have never been less than 2.16, and would happily settle for 2.2.

I need to get taller.
    KenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Martin said:

I need to get taller.

Do you also wish you were a baller
    Mattsimonsen77GasBombneil5youngKenElPescadoPeladoMartin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Wow! That instantly took me back to my Senior year of college. Ugh, I'm old.
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladokjrunnin

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    kjrunninkjrunnin Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    GasBomb said:

You know how annoying it is when skinny people complain about being fat?

Google tells me that song came out in 1995. I had to look that up because in 1995 I was listening to this:

I was 5-years out of college and chasing around a 2 year old. Fuck off with your "I'm old".
    simonsen77M_WareAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DGasBombRobert Rankinellsworth53ttoebutt769Tad_MOverBiker_Sam

• Options
    @kjrunnin if we're playing that game, then you're too attractive to complain about being old so you can f off too. :)
    kjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombtoebutt769
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey <-- new favourite

KenElPescadoPeladoAaron Websteytoebutt769Tad_M

• Options
    @kjrunnin I feel that maybe, just maybe that was a teeny tiny overreaction on your part. I get your anger towards Barney. We all hate that purple fuck-a-saurus, but I don't deserve such salty language.
    M_Warekjrunninellsworth53tTad_M

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    Seeing Barney makes me want to watch "Death to Smoochy"
    Mattsimonsen77ellsworth53tfyrehaar
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    @kjrunnin pretty sure I remember watching that as 4-5 year old
    M_WareGasBombTad_M
  • Options
    It's not nice to tease the elderly @mbrekk44
    M_WareDawnCAaron WebsteyGasBombTad_M

• Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Dark_mark said:

Me and some friends were once denied entry to Canada at Niagara Falls at 1 in the morning because we were all too high.

Same thing happened to me. Except instead of "entry" it was "soft taco supremes" and instead of "to Canada" it was "Taco Bell"
    kjrunninAaron WebsteyRobert RankinGasBombCraig_DDawnCtoebutt769KenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
  • Options
    GasBomb said:

I thought this was a fun game.

Aaron WebsteyGasBombtoebutt769Johns622

• Options
    "Which one of these is not like the others"

Boston 2017
    3:05:16
    I wrote a race report on the team website but figured I'd peacock and bump the thread back up.

M_WareCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoMattKuchGasBombkjrunninIanLneil5youngsimonsen77rigpigDawnCfyrehaarAaron WebsteyEvantoebutt769

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch