frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Oceanside showdown

I can't wait to watch this race. I'd love to hear opinions on what will happen.
  1. Who will win Oceanside?35 votes
    1. Jan Frodeno
      42.86%
    2. Lionel Sanders
      45.71%
    3. Andy Potts
        2.86%
    4. Other
        8.57%
  2. Will Sanders crap himself on the run?35 votes
    1. Yes
      57.14%
    2. No
      42.86%

Comments

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    RashRash Member
    I think Sanders can win if Frodeno shows up to train. Otherwise, I don't think he can run with Frodeno after the bike leg he will have to put in to get back in contact.

As for Potts - oh Potts. I think unfortunately his window is really closing. He wasted his best years on a Kestrel with a Rudy helmet on. I hope I am wrong - nicest guy on the planet (at least publicly).
    MattGasBombMartinAaron WebsteyM_WareTad_Mfyrehaar
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    @Rash Don't forget Gatorskins, hairy legs, and training and racing with different length cranks because details were never his strong suit.
    MattRashGasBombAaron WebsteyM_Ware
  • Options
    EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
    Potts had a little crash coming into T2 at Puerto Rico. Wonder if that will impact his preparation in these short two weeks between events. Soreness can linger..especially in "older" athletes.
    GasBombAaron WebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Matt said:

Sanders will crap Frodeno's pants?

Would that be considered outside assistance, or an inside job?
    GasBombMattsimonsen77Aaron WebsteyTad_M
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Dark_mark said:

@Rash Don't forget Gatorskins, hairy legs, and training and racing with different length cranks because details were never his strong suit.

Re: the length of Andy's crank, what was it that you tweeted earlier about triathletes throwing stones in a tiny house?
    GasBombidking90mbrekk44
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Scenario 1 - Frodo doesn't care, swims away with Potts just for fun, then does it as a training day. Sanders passes him on the bike, Frodo flips him the bird, helps Potts up when he falls off his bike at T2, signs autographs and high fives fans on his way to a 2nd place.

Scenario 2 - Frodo cares, complains about the B-level pro field in pre-race interview, says he only brings his A game when Kienle, Gomez, or a Brownlee are there, then crushes everyone tape to tape.
    simonsen77Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladobalsdorfM_WareMattGasBombCraig_DAlwaysCuriousEvanTad_M
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited April 2017
    Bike: At 12 miles, Frodeno still leads, with Sanders and Amorelli 30 seconds back #im703oceanside
    Just past mile 15, Frodeno got off his bike. Spotters are not yet sure why. Sanders now leads. #im703oceanside (FLAT TIRE)

kjrunninAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Looks like Lionel learned to swim, he was only a minute behind Potts, thats nuts.
    Aaron WebsteyTad_M

• Options
    That was a two horse race, and one of the horses threw a shoe. Too bad.

Holly Lawrence put on a clinic in the women's race. Her bike would have put her slightly behind mid-pack among pro men, and her run was solid. Expect she'll win any 70.3 at will this year.

Does Rhodes still race pro by choice, or is he not eligible for age groups because he raced pro recently?
    Aaron WebsteyCraig_D
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    One f'ing minute behind!!!!??? He's unstoppable.
    Tad_MMartinGasBomb
    #KOAT
  • Options

One f'ing minute behind!!!!??? He's unstoppable.

Wetsuit swim, yes?
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Must have been.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    In the pacific? Yeah. It rarely gets over 65-70.
  • Options
    This is very late to the game, but the water is cold here right now. Surfed yesterday in Encinitas (just south of Oceanside) and it was pretty cold, probably 58. Definitely wetsuit legal if not required.
    Aaron Webstey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch