frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

March Madness 2017

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
edited March 2017 in Main
Yes, this is a safe place for endurance enthusiasts - however, even the least 'baller' of us (i.e. me) can appreciate the excitement of March Madness. Last year, we had 25 entrants in the 'TRS Triathlon'* group of the ESPN Tournament Challenge, and the trash talk continued throughout the tourney.

It's free to sign up, and easy to choose. You can even have your teams auto-picked for you, based on ranking, then go back and edit what you want. You can choose to get an email when the teams have been selected on Sunday, as a reminder to get in your picks. I know I need more robot email in my life, don't you??

So click here to head on over and sign up (use password 'TRS'), and get your trash talk engines all revved up. I've already thought up at least 3 mildly unpleasant things to say about @ItsShug , and while I won't actually have the balls to post em you can be sure they're real dandies.

Now let's make it interesting: if we get 50 people signed up in the group, I'll throw in a $20USD Amazon gift card for the winner of our group. How do you like those apples? LET'S GET IT ON!!

*At the risk of legal action from @TRS_tri , I'm going to leave the name as is
Note: this is not an affiliate/commission thing, I just really like crushing you all with my superior quasi-random picks
#KOAT
M_Wareellsworth53tkjrunnin

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Oh - and of course, the winner will also receive a shiny new TriRoost trophy worth 20 big ones (1 point = 1 'big one').
    randygriffM_Ware
    #KOAT
  • Options
    IanLIanL Member
    We'll see if Auto-pick can defeat you.
    Aaron Websteyellsworth53t
  • Options
    IanL said:

We'll see if Auto-pick can defeat you.

Yeah, it probably will actually
    #KOAT
  • Options
    IanLIanL Member
    Which ever team has those new Nike shoes will probably have an advantage.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Brew_TriBrew_Tri Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Thunderthighs420 gonna roll the competition.
    Aaron Websteyellsworth53t
    Yay Sports! :#
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited March 2017
  • Options
    Brent_RBrent_R Member
    edited March 2017
    I may jump in. Here is my NCAA pick history 2000 to 2014.

"The only school I recognize here is Gonzaga. They're a mid seed maybe they'll pull off one upset."

*Gonzaga loses to a lower or near match seed.*

2015 "Eff this. I'm tired of the one team I know about losing."

*Gonzaga has best tournament ever.*

Double eff this.
    Aaron WebsteyMattM_WareKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_D
  • Options
    @Brent_R ha, I think about 85% of Canadians (including me) have used that strategy.
    Craig_D
    #KOAT
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Wait, so I can't actually fill out a bracket yet? All the teams haven't been selected? I know nothing about this process. I shall crush you all.
    M_WareGasBomb
  • Options

Wait, so I can't actually fill out a bracket yet? All the teams haven't been selected? I know nothing about this process. I shall crush you all.

This is exactly the kind of uninformed enthusiasm that is the hallmark of the TriRoost March Madness bracket. Be more like this, everyone.

Yeah, I think the teams get finalized on Sunday. I told the system to email me when picks are due. I think you get until Tues or Wed, if I remember right, after the teams are announced.
    M_WareGrantInSLC
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Yeah, I told them not to remind me. And auto fill my bracket. I'll send you my address for the gift card in May when I remember people still play basketball.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    11 signed up already - keep em coming!
    KenElPescadoPelado
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Brent_R said:

I may jump in. Here is my NCAA pick history 2000 to 2014.

"The only school I recognize here is Gonzaga. They're a mid seed maybe they'll pull off one upset."

*Gonzaga loses to a lower or near match seed.*

2015 "Eff this. I'm tired of the one team I know about losing."

*Gonzaga has best tournament ever.*

Double eff this.

Wait, I thought Gonzaga was a type of cheese...
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoBrent_Rkjrunnin
  • Options
    Reminder, last year's results can be accessed here. @jakesaunders destroyed us all (and #sworry to @College_Tri for the heartbreaking final couple rounds).

KenElPescadoPelado
    #KOAT
  • Options
    IanLIanL Member
    I feel very upset that I didn't make the top 27 last year.
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladokjrunnin
  • Options
    I didn't watch one college basketball game last year, and don't plan on it this year. Hoping random picks and luck are on my side again!
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron Websteykjrunnin
  • Options
    This is starting to look a whole lot like a lottery ... optional donations my newly-created Hen House Foundation are encouraged!

Just kidding please do not send me your money
    IanLKenElPescadoPeladokjrunnin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    IanLIanL Member
    My online life is so random, I wait to see what my screen icon will be. Oh wait, that's actually laziness.
  • Options
    I never win, but always join every bracket challenge I am invited to join. I guess this counts as an invite, so I'm in.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options

I never win, but always join every bracket challenge I am invited to join. I guess this counts as an invite, so I'm in.

That's the spirit! Yes!
    jimmymstevenson
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I joined just to pad the numbers so someone can win that gift card because I'm bad at sports and equally bad at trash talking.
    Aaron Websteysimonsen77KenElPescadoPeladojimmymstevenson
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    I support @jimmymstevenson and @balsdorf , so I'm in.
    Aaron Websteyjimmymstevenson
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    I don't follow basketball at all. I can't wait to win and stick it in everyone's face. Like those people who win the lottery and say..This is the first ticket I ever bought.
    Aaron WebsteyM_WareKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited March 2017
    I freakin' love basketball. I've basketballed many more hours of my life than triathloned.
    I used to use Nate Silver as a guide for picking my bracket, but we saw how well that asshole did at picking elections this year.
    simonsen77M_WareAaron WebsteyTad_MkjrunninJennifer Post
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    edited March 2017
    I know SFA about hoops and came second last year. I don't even know what channel it's on.

Y'all should play.

And Silver's team never have Trump a zero chance of winning. They went to pains to explain that the odds indicated he might win. It's like saying there is a 0.1% chance @AaronWebstey wins Kona this year. If they run the race 1000 times in parallel dimensions, he might win one. Probably the one where cheap whiskey is a PED.
    Aaron Websteysimonsen77Tad_MkjrunninJennifer Post
  • Options
    You heard it here first, folks - @Martin picked me to win Kona! Guess I better start training.
    MartinTad_Mkjrunnin
    #KOAT
  • Options

You heard it here first, folks - @Martin picked me to win Kona! Guess I better start training.

I think he recommended you just keep drinking.
    simonsen77MartinAaron WebsteyTad_Mkjrunnin
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    "Join my March Madness bracket, or I shall release the AardvarKracken!!"

Aaron WebsteyTad_MCraig_DkjrunninMattGasBomb
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter

I freakin' love basketball. I've basketballed many more hours of my life than triathloned.
    I used to use Nate Silver as a guide for picking my bracket, but we saw how well that asshole did at picking elections this year.

Luckily, no teams from Russia in the bracket so I'll trust Nate's picks over my usual method of choosing based on mascots.

M_WareAaron Websteysimonsen77
  • Options
    We're about half way to 50 entries with a few days to go! I won't be too sticky about hitting 50 right on, but it would be nice to get a bit closer. Get on 'the book' (as I'm pretty sure the kids like to call it) share this post, and predict your impending domination despite hilariously little basketball knowledge.

Or hell, just make sure you fill your own bracket. We all know I'm not going to back out on the prize at this point. #businessman #ceo #marketing #hardball

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=995887697211053&id=907003772766113
    #KOAT

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch