frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

WTB: Bicycle

Help a man achieve his dream of rolling down the street on two wheels. I am bike-less. This depresses me. I'm too fat and lazy to justify a nice bike, but I would still like to not buy a Walmart bicycle. If you are upgrading or down grading, have I got a deal for you.

Instead of the Ventum 110% rule, I'll give you 90% of the value of your bike (joking, I'll pay a fair price). But here is what I need:

56-58 frame
road bike most preferred
don't care about components
not folded in half
can hold 230 pounds of pure sexy (God (or whoever you pray to) bless my wife)

aluminum is perfectly ok. Triple points if it is a specialized allez or caad 10-12

Willing to accept sponsorship offers

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

Aaron WebsteyM_Waresimonsen77

Comments

• Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    The cheap shot first:

"Does the 230 include a child and bike seat, or are you perhaps looking for a tandem?"

Now to help, sort of:

I bought a CAAD 10 black Inc with Ui2, and two extra Conti GP tires for under $2k Canadian last year. Based on my years riding per dollar spent, I will be buried with this bike so it's not for sale. Sorry. It was a screaming deal because no one here understood what it was, so you might find a similar deal in aluminum.
  • Options
    Zach BoringZach Boring Member
    edited March 2017
    @Martin Ideal situation is a caad12 or specialized allez sprint. cheap enough to not get a divorce, nice enough to do whatever I want on for the foreseeable future.

And I'm all for cheap shots. I'm disgusted. I've hiked like crazy the last week way beyond my comfort zone to start "easy" (jealousy pictures attached from a 5 hour 10 miler I did in boulder this week)

Aaron WebsteyDawnCkjrunninM_WareGasBombBrent_RCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoEvanMark_after_DarkMamaCheetahTad_M

• Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Martin said:

The cheap shot first:
    I bought a CAAD 10 black Inc with Ui2, and two extra Conti GP tires for under $2k Canadian last year. Based on my years riding per dollar spent, I will be buried with this bike so it's not for sale. Sorry. It was a screaming deal because no one here understood what it was, so you might find a similar deal in aluminum.

I'll add my testimonial: I bought a gently used Allez E5 3 years ago and slowly upgraded & replaced parts to my liking. I too will be buried with this thing. It was cheap for how it performs, it sacrifices nothing.
    You'll be happy with either bike.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    @Zach Boring I've been 230 before. I may be again. The great thing about this life is that it's constantly changing based on the choices we make. Ok, enough cornball BS. Glad you are off your (fluffy) ass. Get a bike. Ride bunches. Love your life. xoxo
    Aaron WebsteyM_Wareellsworth53tet5504KenElPescadoPeladoMamaCheetahTad_M

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
  • Options
    Fully deserve that too. @KHilgendorf

• Options
    Also willing to accept offers on skateboards, push bikes, or rickshaws.
    Aaron Webstey

• Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    hey @Zach Boring not to derail the thread - but where in Boulder is that hike? Looks pretty awesome.
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    It's south boulder peak.

Can see all the different options to get there here:

https://bouldercolorado.gov/osmp/trails-and-maps

Just look at the interactive map and choose a rout.

I went up the shadow canyon way around devils thumb and made the trek over to bear peak as well. That canyon is where pretty much all the vertical is.

There are a ton of great options in that area. There is a section that is closed due to flooding from a few years ago, but otherwise all trails were open (warnings not to go off trail up canyon as there is some nesting going on until the end of may, but you can still use the trail)

I also did the 1st and 2nd flatiron hike and that was good too. Much shorter

Aaron Webstey

• Options
    edited March 2017
    But be warned, I did see This guy 100 yards off the trail one day. Just be alert. This guy/girl didn't bother me as I'm sure the animals are pretty used to humans coming through, but you never know. Never know if there a cubs being protected either. @maggieru

M_WareAaron WebsteyDawnCMamaCheetahTad_M

• Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    It that a wolf?
  • Options
    Yes

• Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @Zach Boring try this one out - might want to rent before buying, it requires more parking space and riding buddies than most bikes.

idking90simonsen77M_WareGasBombMamaCheetahStruang
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    EvanEvan Member
    i'm trying to get rid of a Colnago 2016 cross bike (56 cm) w/ 105 groupset. great bike and i just basically upgraded to a new focus 1x bc "cross," but looks like you want to roll roadie.

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    @Zach Boring I still have that Litespeed frame (ML). If you want to build it up I will donate it to the cause.

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    Isn't that di2 only @GasBomb ?

• Options
    Yes, it is.

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    Tremendous and gracious offer but the components alone are probably more than I would want to spend. Plus I couldnt let you give it to me.

• Options
    It's ok, I would gladly take sexual favors in trade. or cookies
    MamaCheetahKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited March 2017
    GasBomb said:

It's ok, I would gladly take sexual favors in trade. or cookies

We all know @Zach Boring isn't giving away any cookies.
    GasBombTad_M

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch