frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Super League Tri

EmilyCocksEmilyCocks Member, Pro Triathlete, POTM
Did anyone see this:

And then our TRS favorite Macca tweeted the following about the women's side of Super League Tri:

Discuss :)
Aaron Webstey

Comments

• Options
    http://www.superleaguetriathlon.com

Looks super legit and not at all sketchy.
  • Options
    I just clicked on that @Brent_R ! Seriously, did I just get a virus? Is somebody already using my identity? What did I just do?
  • Options
    Also, will Bollox Energy be the on-course nutrition/cocaine?

And if I enter my info in the Superleague landing page, will Macca stop by my house on his paper route?
    Craig_DGasBomb
  • Options
    I give the dude third from the right major props for not crossing his arms.
    EmilyCocksTad_MKenElPescadoPeladoDHansenTriCraig_DBrew_TriEvan
    WTC Free since 2010

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers

I give the dude third from the right major props for not crossing his arms.

Pretty sure that's Olympic medalist Schoeman.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I like the symmetry with the only two blonde dudes. Cam Dye and ??
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    Forgive me, because I fucking hate marketing but what is the point in launching something if there is no information?

Looks like a shaving ad to me.
    idking90Aaron WebsteyDHansenTriKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Bring back the Caveman!!!! There should be wild boars, baboons, and wolverines loose in T1 and T2.... oh wait, this isn't WWF-UFC-WWE
    I'll watch anyway if they actually include the women too. Otherwise I'll boycott.
    GasBombAaron Websteyfyrehaar
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    All the information can be found in episode 97 of TRS Radio.

Not that anyone here would ever discuss the show or anything.

Back to your penis and sex jokes.
    Aaron WebsteyMark_after_Dark
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited February 2017
    @ClintFace aren't you the one who said this is the weekend you release something if you want it to be ignored? Or words to that effect?
    KenElPescadoPeladoGasBombTad_M
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I think the only negative I have to say about this is what Macca is the head of it and I'm not really a big fan of the dude, like other people here.

If you're a casual triathlon fan and only know Macca from the NBC broadcasts then there's really no reason to dislike the guy, and to have his face associated with this is a big plus. He can attract big names and big money
    GasBombAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Macca knows how to get money out of people at least - that's for sure - as long as it comes from the UAE or Russia.
    GasBombAaron Websteydoyoueventribro
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Bump 'cuz it's this weekend.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Not a big fan of Macca but I'll always be thankful that he called Armstrong out on the B.S. about ITU being just a "shampoo, a blow dry and then a 10K." I also think it's wise that Macca is focused on the short, multiple races to keep it interesting for fans.
    Aaron WebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    He spoke of TV coverage in US I believe, but I'm not seeing it listed on the site.
    We can stream directly from the home site, coverage starts around 12:30 to 12:45 AM Friday night Eastern US time.
    I like the redux of these old formats, the old Aussie Grand Prix stuff I believe?
    Aaron WebsteyGasBomb
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
  • Options
    I've been following the Super League posts to FB and Twitter. So far it looks super professional and Hamilton Island looks amazing. They took some of the athletes up for helicopter tours and media spots so I hope that means they'll have them for race coverage too. If Super League manages to pull off coverage like ITU WTS races it should be great to watch. I think Macca and Emma Frodeno are the commentators so that should provide some interesting insights.

I can't wait to see how the Triple Mix plays out with 3 short races with the order of each discipline mixed up in each. superleaguetriathlon.com/race
    Aaron WebsteyTad_Mfyrehaar
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Looks like the Tri-AUS "Run - Bike - Swim" format when Macca was just starting out. If you buy a TriathlonLive.TV pass you can check out these older races.

Day 1 - Triple Mix
    Round 1: Swim (300m), Bike (6km), Run (2km)
    (10-minute break)
    Round 2: Run (2km), Bike (6km), Swim (300m)
    (10-minute break)
    Round 3: Bike (6km), Swim (300m), Run (2km)

Day 2 - Equalizer
    Part 1 - Cycling individual time trial
    Part 2 - Pursuit Swim (300m), Run (2km), Swim (300m), Bike (6km), Run (2km)

Part 2 is started as a pursuit based on the ‘penalty’ time lost by each athlete to the first finisher in the morning’s ITT.

Day 3 - Eliminator
    Round 1: Swim (300m), Bike (6km), Run (2km)
    (10-minute break commences when round winner crosses the finish line)
    Top 15 finishers of Round 1 proceed to Round 2.
    Round 2: Swim (300m), Bike (6km), Run (2km)
    (10-minute break commences when round winner crosses the finish line)
    Top 10 finishers of Round 2 proceed to Round 3.
    Round 3: Swim (300m), Bike (6km), Run (2km)
    The first athlete across the finish line in Round 3 is the overall winner of Eliminator.
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostMartinTad_MfyrehaarKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Hot damn, that is going to kick ass. I'm getting all tingly
    Jennifer PostkjrunninGasBombTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I was off with my time converter. Sorry. 2:30am Eastern
  • Options
    There are You Tube videos up and the coverage is unbeatable. Would love to watch this live. The guys are going all out. The suffering looks awesome.
    MartinAaron Websteymbrekk44fyrehaarGasBombMattsimonsen77

Living life in pursuit of triathlon greatness and not pissing off my wife. Also trying to understand Dark Mark and why he's left New York yet again, but this time for Oklahoma. At least it's not Florida.

• Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    I'm giving the whole concept an A+. I liked the different races and didn't find the order that confusing. The coverage and commentary was very good (even with Macca's annoying fucking voice). If you haven't watched the races, do yourself a favor and watch the replay. Sick racing and a gorgeous venue. Really really impressive. Just needs a new name.
    Aaron WebsteyJennifer PostMartin

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    I think the name kinda fits, and will fade into the background quickly anyway :)

But 100% agree - I'm about 30 mins in and hooked.
    GasBomb
    #KOAT
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    MartinAaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    During the final stage of the triple mix, when Salvisberg made that flying leap off the pontoon I had what can only be described as a trigasm.
    simonsen77Jennifer PostMattMartinAaron WebsteyTad_MCraig_DRobert RankinKenElPescadoPeladotoebutt769

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    The coverage was amazing. Truly top shelf. It was awesome.

(Donning American homer hat)
    Wish Maloy were in there, hoping Cam shows up well in the TT tomorrow. He was back in the pack so we didn't see much of him - wonder what bike he rode for the draft legs (isn't he a Ventum guy?)
    GasBombAaron Webstey
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    I had high hopes and they were succeeded. Amazing racing and coverage was fantastic. I liked the added extra touches of interviews with Ian Thorpe and Robbie McEwen as a commentator and the pace bike on the leg with the bike start. I hope a women's race is added to the next event so we don't have to wait until 2018 to see them race.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    GasBomb said:

During the final stage of the triple mix, when Salvisberg made that flying leap off the pontoon I had what can only be described as a trigasm.

I love the flying leaps. The flying leaps in the ITU mixed relay are amazing too. I've rewatched relays just to see the leaps again.
    GasBombAaron Websteyfyrehaar
  • Options
    The 2nd and 3rd stage rolling starts were a unique idea, especially the 3rd stage after climbing that incline. Overall, I thought the entire format was great for the fans and TV.
    Jennifer PostAaron Webstey
  • Options
    IanLIanL Member
    I liked it. I like watching how other people don't drown on the swim like I do.
    Jennifer PostGasBombAaron Webstey

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch