frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Do Cool Sh*t Thread (or what you've done that may inspire others)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @IanL I am ashamed to admit I have never signed up for this. #sworry
    wchevron
    #KOAT
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    Beer mile in 7:23. I'm mostly just proud that Strava said I ran the last lap in 64 seconds. Which is legitimately fast in its own right, let alone burping and trying like hell to hold in puke.
    MattElaine KM_WarekjrunninAaron WebsteyCraig_DEvanTad_MPreachSwansonKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    In January my wife and I will be running 65 miles in 5 days for Cystic Fibrosis. We'll be stopping to speak at various CF centers and points of interest, ending at the Pasadena Half Marathon.

Also been baking a lot of sourdough bread from scratch. My starter is now like a delicate child I babysit everyday. It's a very therapeutic process and then you can eat that process.
    M_WareEvanbalsdorfsimonsen77Craig_DTad_MItsShugAaron WebsteyHSeeley14

Wes Parsel - Los Angeles, CA
    WestonParsel.com
    Lance2016!
    Strava Page

• Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

@IanL I am ashamed to admit I have never signed up for this. #sworry

Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey you can't win the free sneakers if you don't sign up!
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options

@doyoueventribro - "70.3's and shit" .... clever play on words or just funny coincidence ??

Not gonna lie the best part about ibd is all the crappy puns you can use. I get offended when people tell me they were purposely diagnosed just for the puns. Not as an ibd patient, but as a frequent punist.
    @doyoueventribro - I also have history of Crohns and other assorted auto immune diseases in my family. I have auto immune disease myself (RA).... in all seriousness, if you have any interest in talking, please PM me. I have greatly managed my symptoms by modifying my diet.
    ME TOO!! I've always had GI 'issues', but regardless of what tests were run, 3 different doctors couldn't find anything. That is until a little over a year ago when I was getting married/studying for boards/training for IMFL/chugging whole pots of black coffee that a GI doc in Jacksonville figured out I had UC. Diet has become paramount. We can all sit at the cool kids table at dinner.
    Aaron Webstey

• Options
    In non-poop related news, my parents and I started a NPO called SneakerSavior 7 or so years ago after I was in a car wreck and subsequent coma. We take the shoes we deem past their date, and throw in a closet or turn into yard work shoes, and get them to people in at risk situations or after disasters. Stuff like that. Introduce them to running or sport as a better way to spend their time. Idle hands and all. Speaking of...since 2016's racing is more or less over, if y'all have those kind of shoes lying around, it's 100% free for the shipper to ship them to us. Check out our facebook page https://m.facebook.com/SneakerSavior/ (we're working on a new website) and/or DM me with any questions about it or donations or whatever else.
    GrantInSLCTad_Mkjrunninsimonsen77Aaron WebsteyA_drizzleCraig_DMattKenElPescadoPeladoHSeeley14wchevron

• Options
    AJ BauccoAJ Baucco Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, Pro Triathlete
    I've been putting on epic pub crawls for many years. Started out in CLE and this year, we brought it to Boulder. 10-15 guys. Entire route bar to bar is off road. In Cleveland this would entail some riding in some really crazy areas and a LOT of trespassing. Was much easier to do in Boulder with their trail system. Starts at nightfall... This year we hit 9 bars and a college party and covered a total of 36 miles (barely even touching a road). Between bars, I organize a series of challenges, usually bike related. Sometimes drinking related. The losing team was supposed to be shamed at the final bar, but we never made it to the final bar...
    MattKuchKenElPescadoPeladombrekk44Craig_DAaron WebsteyGrantInSLC
    Pro Triathlete, Coach, and Inaugural Kona Beer Mile Champion
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    AJ Baucco said:

I've been putting on epic pub crawls for many years. Started out in CLE and this year, we brought it to Boulder. 10-15 guys. Entire route bar to bar is off road. In Cleveland this would entail some riding in some really crazy areas and a LOT of trespassing. Was much easier to do in Boulder with their trail system. Starts at nightfall... This year we hit 9 bars and a college party and covered a total of 36 miles (barely even touching a road). Between bars, I organize a series of challenges, usually bike related. Sometimes drinking related. The losing team was supposed to be shamed at the final bar, but we never made it to the final bar...

I would like to do this next time

KenElPescadoPeladoAaron Webstey
  • Options
    doyoueventribrodoyoueventribro Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    AJ Baucco said:

Which was harder, finding people to run from bar-to-bar in Cleveland or finding people to drink in Boulder?

M_WareMattCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoDawnCAaron WebsteyGrantInSLCTad_MMartin
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    M Ware said:

@Craig D I guess a cool thing that all of you have done, that you may not realize, is inspire me to start swimming. I started lap swimming in August. In October I swam just over 12 miles worth of laps. So, thanks for all of the encouragement everyone. I bet there are lurkers who have been inspired just like I was.

UPDATE: not only did you get me to start swimming, now the big guy is in the pool, too! Yeah, he's kneeling in the shallow end.

Tad_MA_drizzleDawnCItsShugCraig_DKenElPescadoPeladoAaron Websteylakercr
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    See that photo above? That was from December, the first time I got Dave to the pool. Today, after our swim, he thanked me for encouraging him to swim. He hated it at first, but now he loves it. So thanks again everyone!
    Tad_MwchevronKenElPescadoPeladoCraig_DA_drizzleMartinGasBombAaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch