frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Dark Mark's Dream Bike

Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
edited October 2016 in Main
I have gotten my dream frame, the Specialized Nosecone Shiv. This is quite literally the sexiest bike ever made.

Circumstances are such that I can build this up with the best everything. I am getting custom paint that will make all blood leave your extremities and gather in the crotchal region.

If you had carte blanche to build up a bike any way you could, what would you use?

I am talking everything: brake levers, BB, crank arms, fucking head set bolts. The wheels will be Enve and that is final.

Help me build the most fuckable bike ever made.
M_WareItsShugmbrekk44Tad_MAaron WebsteyGasBombrigpigJames Langeespej09KuchNotSoFatLewtwig05EvanyournotuniqueDHansenTriHSeeley14slickfins_Ryanaskutch

Comments

• Options
    WELL THEN I SEE MY OPINION IS NO LONGER WANTED
    Mark_after_DarkHSeeley14

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

• Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM
    @Zach Boring Your opinion carries more weight than all other opinions put together.
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    edited October 2016
    Whoever took this picture really caught the sexual essence of that frame.
    Damn it looking good AF.

Edit: the bike looks alright too
    Mark_after_DarkAaron WebsteyGasBombJames LangeyournotuniqueHSeeley14
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    eTap. and flames.
    And whatever second-hand parts @Zach Boring happens to have lying around.
  • Options
    @ItsShug I've never heard another man reference another man's body as a "frame" before.
    slickfins_Ryan

• Options
    yes you have. ben told me about you two
    Zach BoringMartinGasBomb
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    Take a look at this build. It's aight.
    Aaron WebsteyrigpigScollyEvanyournotunique
  • Options
    @ItsShug Don't throw around accusations without evidence! I WILL SHUT THIS THING DOWN!
    M_WareMartinItsShugTad_MCraig_DGasBombyournotuniqueHSeeley14

• Options

Should up the intimidation when coming up from behind ...
    ItsShugkjrunninKenElPescadoPeladoellsworth53tTad_MCraig_DAaron WebsteyGasBombPreachSwansonShepherdStruangFastCat1107CapenJames Langesimonsen77Brent_RNotSoFatLewEvanyournotuniqueDHansenTriChris10TriHollywoodslickfins_RyanMatt
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I will be serious for a second and come back later with a jab. The new SRM carbon cranks that are on cyclingnews right now are the golden sex toys you need to lovingly transfer power from your virgin calf-skin clad shoes to the road.
  • Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    edited October 2016
    E-tap, ceramic speed pulleys and BB, ENVE 7.8, SRAM red crank with quark
    Mark_after_DarkCapenEvan
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    Shimano 105.
    Tad_MGasBombMark_after_DarkJames LangeEvanyournotuniqueTriHollywoodslickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkGasBombyournotunique
    Demotivational Speaker
    Kansas Native
  • Options
    @Martin Link that shit
  • Options
    srm.jpg 26.1K
    MartinBrent_Rtwig05DHansenTriJason Lentzke

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    Oh fuck i need that
    KPSwim13
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    dhrdhr Member
    No disc brakes? What is this, 2011?
    MartinGasBombCraig_DTad_MDerekLMattyournotunique
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Pearl irridescent "ghost" flames that disappear, then come alive at different angles.
    Velvet dingleballs all around the interior headliner.
    Massive sub-woofer.

I happen to think the SRAM red Quarq is cooler than the SRM above, (no offense to Robert). For now, the SRAM red in BB30 is way lighter than running a Dura Ace SRM with BB30 to Hollowtech II adapter. However, in deference to the cyclingnews highly technical claim of "ridiculously light" for the new SRM DA unit, you'd better get these specs. Their last stuff has to go on a "ridiculous diet" simply to match the weight of a SRAM Red Quarq in BB30. Of course your decision may be guided by trying to match the groupset you get. Personally, I'd have no problem running the SRAM Red crank with a DA setup, but I run mechanical so I don't know shit for shinola about the e-stuff. I've never heard that the cranks have any integration with the electronic groupset otherwise.

My only request is you get the little name with US flag saying Dark Mark rather than your proper name.
    Mark_after_DarkGasBombyournotunique
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Dark_mark said:

Help me build the most fuckable bike ever made.

If you use enough lube, you should be able to get your penis in the bottom bracket hole.
    KenElPescadoPeladoGasBombCraig_DTad_MMattyournotuniqueidking90DHansenTriHSeeley14TriHollywood
  • Options
    Yes, @Matt
    Matt
  • Options
    mbrekk44 said:

E-tap: Check
    CS OSPW and BB: Check
    Enve 7.8: Most likely

For the crankset I am doing a 1x build, likely the Absolute Black 1x sram direct mount. Still looking for a good crank arm, preferably very black. Looking for help here.

Powermeter I think I am doing the PowerTap pedals so I can swap between this and the road bike.
    ellsworth53tGasBombKenElPescadoPeladombrekk44dhrBrent_Rtwig05EvanCraig_DyournotuniqueHSeeley14
  • Options
    Please continue to update this thread with pictures of the build.
    M_WareAaron Websteysimonsen77MattEvanHSeeley14
  • Options
    I will do that @ellsworth53t. Will be a few weeks as it's getting shipped to the painter next week. I went with Jack Kane in North Carolina.

http://kanebikes.com/mastergallery/nggallery/non-kane-custom-paint-jobs-restorations?album=5&;
    M_WareCapenGasBombKenElPescadoPeladoellsworth53tJames LangeFastCat1107Aaron Websteyyournotunique
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    How much is a custom paint job. Approximately. I'm sure it differs depending on what you want. I wouldn't mind customizing my frame.
    Evan
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    edited October 2016
    Turbo Cottons if you're going clincher Enves. The sexiest tire ever, plus, you know, they roll fast AF.

Too bad eTap doesn't play nice as 1x, though, because that would for sure be the answer to me if an option. Something to think about, though, is that being 2011, the frame might not actually be the most optimized for electronic shifting, meaning you could have (gasp) a non-hidden battery, or have to take a drill/dremel to the frame, which is never ideal.
    mbrekk44
  • Options
    @idking90 My man @Zach Boring has already built up a 1x with eTap with really wide gearing, too. It can be done and it works.

I know I will have to have the blip box exposed up front somewhere, but I actually have a clever place in mind that I think will look pretty slick.

Duly noted on the tires. I like the new Vittoria graphenes as well.
    GasBomb
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Dark_mark said:

mbrekk44 said:

E-tap: Check
    CS OSPW and BB: Check
    Enve 7.8: Most likely

For the crankset I am doing a 1x build, likely the Absolute Black 1x sram direct mount. Still looking for a good crank arm, preferably very black. Looking for help here.

Powermeter I think I am doing the PowerTap pedals so I can swap between this and the road bike.
    Tune SmartFoot for crankarms, or Cdale SiSL2 with the branding removed.
  • Options
    Not driveside -1
    simonsen77tcraigtri

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch