frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Weird Dreams

Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
Last night I dreamed we were all at a dark cafe in Kona eating poke, and @Dark Mark made a vest out of coleslaw (which he was calling goulash, for some reason). It seemed hilarious at the time. He was counting on me to get a photo, but it was too dark ... I woke up before I could get a good one.

Merry Xmas
#KOAT
kjrunninsimonsen77GasBombpeteKenElPescadoPeladoAdam WGrantInSLCAlexS

Comments

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Sounds pretty normal to me.
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Glad you started this thread. I was considering one called "Wet Dreams".
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoDHansenTri
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    I had one a couple of weeks ago, I'm doing an Ironman, get on the bike and for some reason I'm wearing a sports coat under my cycling jersey. I bike 3 miles to my home and take the sports coat off. I bike back to the transition area and there is business convention going on. For some reason I have to go to the convention to pick up my entry packet to the convection. Once I get it, I realize I have to go back to transition to drop the packet off because I don't want to take it with me on the bike. A couple other things happened which delay me then I woke up.
    M_WareAaron Websteysimonsen77Scheck48kjrunnin
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @wchevron this is exactly what I was hoping for. Bring it on, everyone.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey I sure hope @Dark Mark coleslaw vest was made using KFC Coleslaw. I do have the hook up after all....
    KenElPescadoPeladoAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM

Last night I dreamed we were all at a dark cafe in Kona eating poke, and @Dark Mark made a vest out of coleslaw (which he was calling goulash, for some reason). It seemed hilarious at the time. He was counting on me to get a photo, but it was too dark ... I woke up before I could get a good one.

Merry Xmas

Was this a dream? We drank a lot in Kona

FastCat1107KenElPescadoPeladoAaron Websteyneil5youngrigpigCraig_DDHansenTri
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Dark Mark said:

But, did you partake in any goulash?
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Mark_after_DarkMark_after_Dark Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers, POTM

Dark Mark said:

But, did you partake in any goulash?

On the record? No
    Off the record? No

M_WareAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    I still have the dream that it's the end of the semester and I have final in a class that I didn't attend at all. Not only that, but I can't find my way to the classroom the test is taking place in...it's like Hogwarts... disappearing staircases, secret passages, etc. Way more interesting than Vandalville!
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @AaronWebstey maybe layoff the chantix for a few days.
    Aaron Websteytrsradio69
  • Options
    I used to have that same dream in college.
    Aaron Websteyellsworth53tDHansenTri
  • Options

@AaronWebstey maybe layoff the chantix for a few days.

and/or mushrooms, and/or absinthe.
    Craig_D
  • Options
    trsradio69trsradio69 Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    wchevron said:

I had one a couple of weeks ago, I'm doing an Ironman, get on the bike and for some reason I'm wearing a sports coat under my cycling jersey. I bike 3 miles to my home and take the sports coat off. I bike back to the transition area and there is business convention going on. For some reason I have to go to the convention to pick up my entry packet to the convection. Once I get it, I realize I have to go back to transition to drop the packet off because I don't want to take it with me on the bike. A couple other things happened which delay me then I woke up.

Interpretation: you're a transgender.

Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoFastCat1107rigpigDHansenTri
  • Options
    Just had another weird dream the other night. Was somewhere on vacation with the family. We notice there is an Olympic tri being put on the next day so I sign up. Go to the venue and ask where T1 is. Lady points to a field down the hill. Go to the field and a bunch of people are doing yoga with their bikes next to them.
    Ask the instructor where to rack my bike. He points to a 10 story building farther down the hill. Go into the building, looks like it's been abandoned for years, paint peeling, windows broken. Start climbing the stairs looking for the bike rack. Every so often we would see people wandering around. After climbing up to the 4th floor I finally think, why the hell would transition be on the top of this building.
    At this time my bike is covered with paint chips and dust from my daughter banging it into the walls in the stairwells.
    We go down and outside and I find a volunteer. Ask about transition, she points up a hill about 100 yards away. Says go to Amy's house, transition is in the driveway.
    We go up to Amy's for some reason, there is now a foot of snow all around us, but back at the abandoned building it is still in the 80's and no snow.
    Get to Amy's, no transition int he driveway. Trudge through the snow thinking transition would be in the backyard. No bikes there.
    Turn around and go to the street. Look down the road and finally see a bunch of people with bikes and gear. Run down to them. Some are going to transition but many are coming out.
    There is now 7-8' of snow and the people are on a snow path. The people will be walking on the path then dive down on their belly, into a snow tunnel maybe 5-6' long pop back up and keep walking along the path.
    I realize I'm running late and start running. Get to the first snow tunnel, dive down on my stomach and slide along and pop out on the otherside, get up and start jogging again. Then I realize going into the first tunnel I threw down all my gear and bike and it's spread out all over the snow. Think to myself, shit I'm going to miss the start of the race then the alarm went off and I woke up.
    M_WareAaron Websteyjakesaunderskjrunninellsworth53tyournotunique
  • Options
    Holy shit @wchevron you must get a lot of REM sleep. Wish I could. Did you learn some secret technique from Michael Stipe?
    Tad_M
  • Options
    Resurrecting this thread. Last night I dreamed I was at a bar with some cousins and my mom who passed away 8 years ago. Another friend was there and she had a big knife. I was concerned she might be planning to stab someone but she said she was just going to cut a cake. 

It was almost closing time at the bar when in walk Jimmie Johnson and Dale Jr., Jimmie had a black eye and was being pretty quiet while Dale Jr. was talking up a storm. I told Jimmie very earnestly that I thought NASCAR should change their schedule and race at Bristol every Monday-Wednesday-Friday and at Talladega every other Saturday. 

Strange. Also indicates that I might be a redneck. 
    Aaron WebsteyFastCat1107GasBombwchevronkjrunninellsworth53tGranpa ChookKenElPescadoPeladoA_drizzleyournotunique
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Last night, I dreamt I was swimming in open water.  It was dark, it was wavy, and it was only me.  There was no distress or panic I was just swimming.

Suddenly, "Faithfully" by Journey starts playing. Now, I can't tell you the last time I heard this song, I didn't even know that I knew the words. But loudly and clear as Dolby surround sound, it was blasting away while I was swimming.

At the part of the song, "I'm forrr-evaaa yourrrs...faithfully" I dip my head underwater, I see a great white coming for me and I wake up just before I'm eaten.

The End
    M_WareGranpa Chooksimonsen77KenElPescadoPeladobalsdorfAaron WebsteykjrunninGrantInSLC
  • Options
    Granpa ChookGranpa Chook Member
    edited May 2016
    I had a weird dream last night that I'm completely blaming on looking at this thread yesterday. 

I was hanging out with my girlfriend's late grandfather and we were bullshitting in his living room. Then I saw a 1,000+ page book written by @M Ware . From the cover it looked like a romance novel or some sort of fiction. Random as shit. Okay, transition to a nightmare involving someone waiting for me to finish my track workout at my high school. I spent the rest of the night running away into random houses because he was trying to kill me.
    ellsworth53twchevronAaron Webstey
  • Options
    @Granpa Chook too funny! And not I'm not secretly a bodice ripper writer. My BA is in English Lit. but I'm a budget analyst. 
    Granpa Chookellsworth53tKenElPescadoPeladoAaron Webstey
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    Granpa ChookGranpa Chook Member
    edited May 2016
    @M Ware I got one of those too!

M_Ware
  • Options
    maggierumaggieru Member, Pro Triathlete
    Whenever I start feeling like I'm not prepared for an upcoming race, I always have race day Ironman nightmares. It's always that the run is last minute moved into a Mall of America type location and you have to run through obstacles and up escalators, etc. and I always end up lost and taking a wrong turn and no one can tell me what the right course is. So, basically like the IMTX bike course but indoors and the run instead. 
    Tad_MElaine KM_WareAaron Websteysimonsen77yournotunique
    insta: @magrusch
  • Options
    Elaine KElaine K Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I had a pre race one where I showed up to a marathon without any shoes and spent the entire morning before the race trying to find a spectator that would let me borrow theirs.
    M_WareKenElPescadoPeladoAaron Websteykjrunnin
    Tucson, AZ
  • Options
    @Elaine K that happened to me in Cuba! Bike box never showed up, but a Cuban coach rounded up a bike, shoes (biking and running - that was the last time I packed my running shoes in a checked bag), helmet, the works. :)

@maggieru I had triathlon stress dreams for a full 3 years after I quit racing (and for the last 2 or 3 years of racing). Barf.
    KenElPescadoPeladoM_Ware
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Here we go with another thread resurrection...
    Last night I dreamed that I finally got to go to brunch with Dr. @Adrienne. We were at a nice restaurant. She had 3 giant key lime cream puffs and explained to me the importance of good nutrition for endurance athletes. There were pretty flowers on the table. :)
    A_drizzleAaron Websteyellsworth53tkjrunnin
    Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I need that disclaimer when resurrecting threads. It done got me in trouble with @Matt earlier today
    MattM_WareMartinyournotuniqueAaron Webstey
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    @M Ware This is a remarkably accurate dream. Eating 3 large pastries while delivering a lecture on the biochemistry of metabolism is about par for the course for me. Also how do we make this happen in reality?
    kjrunnin
    Resident Genius.
  • Options
    Adrienne said:

@M Ware This is a remarkably accurate dream. Eating 3 large pastries while delivering a lecture on the biochemistry of metabolism is about par for the course for me. Also how do we make this happen in reality?

I have no doubt we'll get coordinated at some point :)

Keeper of the Cowbell
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @AaronWebstey is on a boat somewhere, so I'll cover it off: @M Ware , @Adrienne - get a room, you two.
    M_WareAaron Webstey
  • Options
    Just getting around to some old threads. Thanks for covering me, @Martin
    #KOAT
  • Options
    No forum members involved, but last weekend I dreamed I was stand up paddle boarding (which I've never done) upstream from Linville Falls on the Linville River in NC during a flood. None of that is as interesting as this... I was using my green plastic kitchen cutting board as my paddle board. I'm nuts.
    Tad_Mellsworth53tAaron WebsteyA_drizzlemaggieruwchevronkjrunnin
    Keeper of the Cowbell

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch