frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Are we still doing the Friday night drinking threads?

ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
Cuz I can't decide between door #1 and door #2

What will it be?
  1. contestant, make your decision....9 votes
    1. door #1
      55.56%
    2. door #2
      44.44%

Comments

• Options
    My friends own a brewery in Portland, and there is a small-batch distillery next door. They took their mash for their stout and turned it into a whiskey. So that's what I'm working on.
    Resident Gear Guru
    Bike Crash Free Since August 4th, 2014
  • Options
    i dont like to drink alcohol. said no one ever

village idiot

• Options
    Drinking a white wine when it's cold outside always seems weird to me.  I have no idea why, but go with the red. 

Nathan Kiser
    Just FYI, you... are also less than mediocre. -TheActualPaulo

• Options
    yournotuniqueyournotunique Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    @espej09 I've never said that, but I essentially took off for a long while. Maybe averaged 1 drink per month for a couple years. Went to the doctor the other day though and got asked "smoke?" "Never." "Drink?" "Rarely. Wait, some. Wait, probably 1-2 per nite for the last few months." "What changed?" "I have 30 employees and a 4 month old." "Ahhhh, perfectly understandable. Hopefully it's the good stuff."

I like my doctor.

And I'm drinking my 2nd glass of bourbon tonite.
    -I know it's wrong. Blame old AOL character limits. Illadelph |
  • Options
    @yournotunique and the bourbon selection is...?
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    Aready finished the 4th. Even when I'm losing, I'm winning.

Zach Boring, Overly Average Looking Man

• Options
    @rrheisler Back to working on the bottle of Breckenridge Bourbon. It's good, but I'm not sure it's worth the hype just yet; drinks a little thin. That said, for a 4 yr old (I think, no more than 5) bourbon, it's amazing. I'm going to excited to see what they are doing once they get into the 12+ aged stuff.
  • Options
    Are we moving to a Saturday drinking thread?
  • Options
    Not drinking it all, but this was trip to the bottle shop tonite. image
  • Options
    That's some great stuff right there. Nothing beats 120 Minute. Possibly the best beer you can find. Mad Elf is always fun for the holidays and Red&White is tasty. Stone Enjoy By is hit and miss but usually good.
  • Options
    Interlude. Excellent choice.

I am yet to purchase my crate of house beer. When I was living out of my friend's place this spring, one of the perks was being able to have free beer from his brewery, as well as anything out of the House beer crate (as he got his for free.)

As an aside, I'm still questioning why I moved into my own place. Probably because Hannah (the Mrs.) would have frowned upon living in their guest room.
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    What about Saturday night boozin? Got a bottle of wine from a client. Time to get my anitoxidants up.

TRS EAST COAST PLAYA

• Options
    Crack it. It's early. I'm still drinking. We need to find that secret "captain" hangout those drinks were on last night. BTW, fuck FSU. Tech better get this game under control.
  • Options
    @tr_ipa_thlete agreed on all accounts. Fuck FSU. 
    Resident Gear Guru
  • Options
    The St. Stefanus and Sanctification are what I'm most interested in, to be honest. The Interlude is for the wife. It's her favorite beer and hard to find in Philly. There's actually a 2nd bottle of the 120min that the owner threw in for free. Guess spending $200 on beer made her feel generous :)
  • Options
    Crab legs wins again...

TRS EAST COAST PLAYA

• Options
    Had a Russian River Sanctification before this. Quality beer nite, so far. Oh, and found out that Dogfish Head 120 has 540 calories per bottle. Holy shit.
  • Options
    What's up with the auto-rotation of pictures?
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @yournotunique I was wondering why nobody could figure out how to take a proper photo. I realize now it's probably the forum software :) I'll look into it and report back in the Special Needs Bag category.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I took that in portrait, and the 3 previous in landscape, if that helps.
  • Options
    Suggestions for a good winter brew?
  • Options
    I prefer stouts in winter. There are a lot of good imperial and coffee stouts this time of year. If you can find a Goose Island Bourbon County, get it. Founders Breakfast Stout is also outstanding.
  • Options
    Starting the Sunday thread . . . just way too damn cold to workout and Mondays suck

Brinz - TRS East - Boston Chapter

• Options
    Been TAD for 3 of last 5 weeks (ie drunk for three weeks) and I'm finally getting caught up on the threads - except for the 20 minutes I had Saturday morning.  Is the Friday night drinking thread going to be a staple for TRS Racing?

TRS WEST - NOLA, Miller Lite Drinking Truck Driver

• Options
    This is awesome and I will be participating.  Also for those who are around friends, drinking + cards against humanity is about the most fun I've had in years.  That game is hilarious.

Welcome to Costco. I love you.

• Options
    HSeeley14HSeeley14 Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Friday night drinking - pfft.  Everynight drinking.  See you next Friday pussies.
    Mark_after_DarkJames Lange
  • Options
    Found a great Sout/Wild Ale last night...

Also, this was the Magnum bottle selection at the new bar went to. Check out the prices on the right hand side
    John Littlewood - A Cock from the Valleys
    TRS Racing

• Options
    TRS Racing

• Options
    $144 for 1.5L of Duvel for fucks sake!!!
    TRS Racing

• Options
    Does this "bar" also have lap dances? That's about the only place that gets away with prices like that.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch