frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

No KOMs For Old Men

edited April 2016 in Articles

imageNo KOMs For Old Men

Has a local doper stolen your coveted Strava KOM? Does it really matter, and is there anything Strava can do about it? Find out here.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    TheoTheo Member
    Actually, Strava did implement some changes and altered their policies following the couple of deaths from a couple years ago. It is no longer possible to set a "goal" time for segments with a net downhill and they don't put links to their cycling plans to "improve your time" either, and for a while they were completely removing segments from their database that would be flagged by the community as "dangerous". For a short period they were not showing leaderboards for net downhill or "dangerous" segments, but that seems to have been reverted since.
    Aaron Webstey

seems like kind of an asshole =)

• Options
    JimboJimbo Member
    I think Strava should at least do like Colin has done over at crossresults.com Known dopers are given a syringe next to their name and a link to a story of their suspension. Maybe then, we could filter out results by excluding syringes? Ben Berden is a good example over at crossresults.com http://www.crossresults.com/racer/17113
    Aaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPelado
  • Options
    JonJon Member
    The bigger issue with KOMs is mechanical doping: bike KOMs done in cars, run KOMs done on bikes. There's a flat sprint KOM on my route that is 47mph. A woman has the KOM on a 5mile run route I do, at 4:30/mile.
    KenElPescadoPeladoDWrek5
  • Options
    I cant believe people care about this
    Aaron WebsteyMartinneil5youngandrewm88KenElPescadoPeladoEvan

village idiot

• Options
    You can always flag the car/bike KOM's they are easy to spot. Most times probably a mistake on the other user's part. 
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    @Jon If you find the right truck to draft, 47 mph isn't out of the realm of possibility for a couple hundred meters. 

• Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Tech Guru said:

This site is only worth $130 a month in ad revenue?? how does anyone get paid????
    trstriathlon receives about 545 unique visitors and 2,017 (3.70 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $4.36/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $1,906.81. http://trstriathlon.com.hypestat.com/
    (As a reference, Bicycling Magazine, Bicycling.com, is worth $237,609 and $11k a month in ad revenue.)

First post and spammy? Calling @Aaron Webstey
    Aaron WebsteyEvan
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Thanks @Matt . @Tech Guru , if you actually want to participate here, let me know. The link above wasn't actually dangerous, so I'll give you a chance.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    idking90idking90 Member, Pro Triathlete
    But to answer his question, nobody gets paid
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    $4.36 per day? USD or CAD? As for nobody getting paid, that is just not true! @Aaron Webstey has continued to pay me exactly what I am worth.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoEvanTad_M

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    Tech Guru said:

This site is only worth $130 a month in ad revenue?? how does anyone get paid????
    trstriathlon receives about 545 unique visitors and 2,017 (3.70 per visitor) page views per day which should earn about $4.36/day from advertising revenue. Estimated site value is $1,906.81. http://trstriathlon.com.hypestat.com/
    (As a reference, Bicycling Magazine, Bicycling.com, is worth $237,609 and $11k a month in ad revenue.)

this is GREAT NEWS! i really had TRS valued at somewhere near $5 and a ham sandwich. Congrats to Ben, Aaron, and everyone else in making such a valuable "start up" tech company.
    GasBombKenElPescadoPelado

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    Jimbo said:

I think Strava should at least do like Colin has done over at crossresults.com
    Known dopers are given a syringe next to their name and a link to a story of their suspension.
    Maybe then, we could filter out results by excluding syringes?

Ben Berden is a good example over at crossresults.com

http://www.crossresults.com/racer/17113

@Jimbo what does the "burning couch" signify?
    Aaron WebsteyMattTad_M

unofficial non-general counsel for TRS Racing and other TRS-related entities
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    FYI, those "site value" estimators are notoriously inaccurate. I'd kill to be worth a ham sandwich.
    StruangKenElPescadoPeladoEvanGasBombTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    OoooooK. Banned.

#KOAT
  • Options
    If I provide my social security number and banks account and routing information, can I get my estimated site value done? I want to ensure that I am living up to my full potential.
    Aaron WebsteyGasBombEvanDawnCTad_M
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    CyclingTips gets way more visitors than that...

Swing the banhammer, and smite the evil spammers, oh mighty Webstey!
    M_WareAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombEvanMartinTad_Mbalsdorf

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch