frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

How do I ride IMMT course on my Kickr?

slickfins_Ryanslickfins_Ryan Member, Rooster Endurance Member
I was trying to get up to Mt. Tremblant to preview the course before IMMT but it seems like it might be a lot cheaper to "ride" the course on my turbo trainer. What's the easiest way to do this? Zwift? Trainer Road? What sort of extra hardware do I need? Also I'm planning on doing this with a friend so we're both not so bored doing it separately that we kill ourselves. Is there a way we can both hookup to the same program in sync? Thanks friends.
Kind of wish I was Canadian. Sorry.

Comments

• Options
    dhrdhr Member
    I think Cycleops Virtual Training is supposed to be good for this, but I can't verify. Anyone tried it? 2 weeks free trial available.
  • Options
    I think if you create a plan on Best Bike Split and then download the resulting erg file into Trainer Road you can get a reasonable simulation.
  • Options
    KHilgendorfKHilgendorf Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Virtualtraining is the best option. You can load the course into the system if they done already have it and it will give you a google aerial view, as well as adjust according to grade be distance. Would do a route video if someone has it recorded and uploaded. I've used it a fair bit with my powerbeam.
  • Options
    petepete Member
    I tried VirtualTraining for the Muskoka course on my Kickr and I though it was much harder than the course in real life. A ride that usually takes me 3 hours wasn't done after 4 hours.

It's less engaging, but I really like the erg file you can download from Best Bike Split then load in TrainerRoad.
    slickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    simonsen77simonsen77 Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    There's http://realtimeathlete.com/trainerview that stitches together Google street view images. It only goes at a single speed, though, and doesn't sync up with your power/speed.

Best Bike Split also exports files for Zwift, Garmin, and probably a few others.
    slickfins_Ryan
    First #BAAW Badge Recipient
  • Options
    aaroncaaronc Member
    I used Best Bike Split for Chattanooga ... I was happy with it.
    slickfins_Ryan
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Come to MT and ride it anyway. It's a fun course.
    dhrslickfins_Ryanyournotunique
  • Options
    This is great. Thanks y'all. Anyone else here racing IMMT this year?
  • Options
    pete said:

I tried VirtualTraining for the Muskoka course on my Kickr and I though it was much harder than the course in real life. A ride that usually takes me 3 hours wasn't done after 4 hours.

It's less engaging, but I really like the erg file you can download from Best Bike Split then load in TrainerRoad.

I feel ya, in so many ways I feel like riding my kickr is much much more difficult than outdoor rides. What the machine tells me was a 70 mile ride feels like 100+ to my legs. Maybe it's just the monotony though, I'm not sure.

Leave a Comment

Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch