frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Tell Me How Much You Hate The New Forum / Report Issues Here

tempytempertontempytemperton Administrator
Let me have it. I'm ready.

Jason LentzkeGasBombTad_MMamaCheetah

Comments

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited April 2016
    I like it. Do we need to add new profile pics or will they be coming back at some point in the future? Edited to add: apparently by "we" I mean just me. Maybe my faux roller derby work required "Death Wish" pic broke the forum.
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    No, yours just got lost because of dumb luck. You must have updated it while we were in between moves and I didn't catch it.

Thank you @M Ware !!

FYI you may notice that user mentions are far easier to insert into a message, but they don't properly link to someone's profile yet. Working on that.
    M_Ware
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MartinMartin Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    There's a lot of white. I hear the blue-grey colour scheme is available for triathlon forums now. That might be better.
    M_WarewchevronAaron WebsteyRyan HeislerrangamelDHansenTriTad_Mjordan
  • Options
    I like it. I think like most things it will take getting used to, but its easy to navigate and view.
    Aaron WebsteyMamaCheetah
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    For getting it fixed, these are for you...
    Granpa ChookAaron WebsteyMartinTad_Mrigpig
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    Granpa ChookGranpa Chook Member
    edited April 2016
    I like it because the reset password function actually reset my password which allowed me to finally sign in. Although the banner is looking a little bit like backpfeifengesicht.
    M_WareAaron WebsteyTad_M
  • Options
    wchevronwchevron Member, POTM
    Is this the TRS version of an April Fools prank?

The black banner up top: Radio, Forum, etc. is a little screwed up near Plans & Triathlon
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    @Granpa Chook which banner is that?

@wchevron thanks!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    I just noticed that quoting doesn't seem to work. Noted.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @AaronWebstey Same as what @wchevron said.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I was told to come here
    M_WareAaron WebsteyTad_M
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    @Granpa Chook thanks!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    New feature: if you post a link to a tweet, it will auto embed. E.g.

Granpa ChookKenElPescadoPeladoRyan Heisler
    #KOAT
  • Options
    PS - #sworry to @Matt for the new design.
    Matt
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Gonna take a little time to get used to it, but overall good.

Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    @balsdorf agreed. Thinking of ways to restore old habits/workflows already.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    edited April 2016
    Black banner is rendering wonky on the iPad in both portrait and landscape. Edit function works great.
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    @M Ware thanks. @phreak has been helping out and may have insight here.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @wchevron , @M Ware , and @Granpa Chook - any chance you could post a screen shot and let me know what browser and OS you're using (Mel, I know you're on iPad)? Thanks!
    #KOAT
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Separate thread categories!!

Will we get our own version of "The Lavender Room" or "The Womens" :s
  • Options
    We always had categories!

Don't worry, we'll call ours "the red light district" and "the no-cock zone".
    MattTad_M
    #KOAT
  • Options
    edited April 2016

This is what I'm seeing. Window 8.1, Firefox.
  • Options
    #ew . Thank you @wchevron .
    KHilgendorf
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Nitpicking: There is a lot of whitespace which means fewer threads fit on one page. Looks like a hidden element has padding-bottom:30px which is not needed. Change this rule in steamcustom.css:

body.Section-DiscussionList .DataList .Meta{padding-bottom:30px}

Before:

After:

Matt
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    @balsdorf you say 'nitpicking', I say '99.99% of all CSS work'. Thank you. Done.
    KenElPescadoPeladobalsdorf
    #KOAT
  • Options
    @balsdorf oooh yeah, I adjusted the margins on both desktop and mobile quite a bit, and it's so much better. Thanks again.
    #KOAT
  • Options
    Matt said:

@wchevron I'm confused with some of your favourites. Tace Beta Test??

I think you meant Taco Beta Test. It's a hydronic circulator manufacturer. I'm not a Taco Bell new product tester. Although that does sound cooler.
    Matt
  • Options
    This is a lot of white space in general. Reminds me of the new look on the blue/gray site.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Don't hate it. Need to adapt of course. My complaint is that the user banner where the name and time are located is huge and dwarfs the content of the message.

Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch