frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Weekly Poll – Triathlon Superpowers

SystemAdminSystemAdmin Administrator
edited March 2016 in Articles

imageWeekly Poll – Triathlon Superpowers

What would your triathlon superpower be, if you could choose any discipline and any athlete? If you already know, you have too much time on your hands.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Another good one @GasBomb!
    GasBomb
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    petepete Member
    I'd be thrilled to swim like Sanders, bike like Potts, and run like Starykowicz.
    James LangeAaron WebsteyGasBombjakesaundersellsworth53tsimonsen77PreachSwansonidking90charlie_doesBrent_RTad_Mtriproblems
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    I'd just take speed-shitting like Sanders. When you gotta go, you gotta go fast! Sounds like he clocked some amazing porto-splits at IMAZ from his last podcast appearance.
    GasBombTad_MFastCat1107ellsworth53t
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    GasBombGasBomb Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM

I'd just take speed-shitting like Sanders. When you gotta go, you gotta go fast! Sounds like he clocked some amazing porto-splits at IMAZ from his last podcast appearance.

Ya know, that cape would be useful in case of emergency. Not very aero, but softer than port-o-let paper!
    Tad_MKenElPescadoPelado

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    Tad_MTad_M Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter, POTM
    Long: I'd swim like Dave Scott (gritty, nasty, just fast enough, always sets the tone, plus the unconventional stroke is cool, swimming fast was less important than the attitude/fear factor)
    I'd ride like Hellreigel (as long as I don't have to pay the price he paid during the run)
    I'd run like Mark Allen

Short course: I'd swim like Rick Wells or maybe one of the new fish
    I'd bike like Mike Pigg (Pigg Power!)
    I'd run like Greg Welch (without a hurt heart) or A. Brownlee
    Aaron Webstey
    visit Michigan July 19th to 24th 2023 - The Sworry Trials Impossibleman and Ode to Laz
    https://www.facebook.com/sworrytrials/
    https://www.facebook.com/OdetoLaz/
  • Options
    Tough call between Starky and Gwen. I went with biking like Starky just because being able to move like that would be sick.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    @Tad_NotSoFunnyGuy Love it! Fantastic choices!

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    Elaine KElaine K Member, Rooster Endurance Member

Tough call between Starky and Gwen. I went with biking like Starky just because being able to move like that would be sick.

Agreed. I ended up picking Gwen because I would destroy running races as well - which I actually participate in... unlike cycling races... :)
    ellsworth53tM_WareAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladoGasBombTad_M
    Tucson, AZ
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Swim like Potts, bike like Starky, and run like Gwen? Isn't there a super hero that already has those powers named Jan?
    M_WareAaron WebsteyKenElPescadoPeladosimonsen77GasBombmbrekk44FastCat1107Tad_M
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    Swim. This should be the obvious answer, since it's the most difficult of the three to learn/fix for 95% of people.

And yes, I realize I'm making heavy use of logic in a poll about super powers.
    M_WareGasBombAaron WebsteyPreachSwansonKenElPescadoPeladoTad_M
    Resident Genius.
  • Options
    I also chose swim. Actually I chose Andy Potts. I always choose Andy Potts. ;)
    M_WareA_drizzleTad_M

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    That's why we love you, @Adrienne Taren
    A_drizzleM_Ware
    #KOAT
  • Options
    PreachSwansonPreachSwanson Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    I was particularly inspired by that German kid during the Kona drinking episode
    Aaron WebsteyTad_M
    TRS Racing
    I'm an angel with an incredible capacity for beer
  • Options
    @Matt No, you're clearly mistaking him for Alistair Brownlee.
    GasBomb
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
    Brent_R said:

@Matt No, you're clearly mistaking him for Alistair Brownlee.

Javier doesn't get injured like Alistair. Mr Consistency
    GasBomb
  • Options
    Sticking with ITU, @Brent_R and @Matt pretty sure I would choose Mario Mola over both of those chaps for 2016.
    Tad_M

Clay Richard Gasway
    King of all Mediocrity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch