frame

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In Register

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starting immediately, all new users must be approved by a moderator (due to spam issues). #sworry
You can dismiss this message by clicking the little 'X' in the top right this box.
If you are a pro triathlete, please click here to DM AaronWebstey for access to the 'Pros-only' private forum. Don't forget to include your real name, and a link to pro race result would be great if you're a 1st-year pro.

Taking a Break

trsradio69trsradio69 Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
I've decided to step away from the podcast for a while, in order to focus on my new job and real life. I'm also walking away from twitter. Frankly, I'm not really sure when I'll start the podcast (or twitter) back up again. It might be a few months, it might be longer.

Thank you Webstey and Zach Boring for holding down the fort with the site and the team.

I'll be in Kona. Paulo knows how to find me.

Best Regards,

Ben Hobbs
espej09GasBombPreachSwansonmeggersjohnlittsTheDonMagicDonJames Langedesert dudeHoltyTad_M

Comments

• Options
    ItsShugItsShug Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    I have it on reliable sources you're focusing your time and energy on campaigning for Ted Cruz.
    James Lange
    Demotivational Speaker
    Master of the Absurd - King of all Polls
    Kansas Native
    Tweets Me  Follow ItsShug
  • Options
    Gutted about the podcast, but good luck in the new job.
    Its been emotional.
  • Options
    M_WareM_Ware Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    Hugs and best wishes.
    Granpa Chookmbrekk44GasBomb
    Keeper of the Cowbell
    Queen of All Donut Awards
    Groovy Auntie to Roosters everywhere
  • Options
    Well that's sad to hear. I REALLY enjoyed hearing your thoughts. Best fucking podcast out there.

I wish you the best Ben!
    M_Ware
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    First Herbert, now this?
    balsdorfBrooks DoughtieGasBombJames LangeTad_M
  • Options
    You fucking pussy!!!
    Robert RankinrigpigGasBombShepherdJames Langedesert dudeCraig_Parsons  Tad_M

Do you know who I am?

• Options
    Don't be a stranger around here. Good luck with the new gig.
    Aaron Webstey

Great Uncle, Average Father, Mediocre Triathlete

• Options
    mbrekk44mbrekk44 Member, POTM
    Best of luck with the new gig! I can't wait for your comeback
  • Options
    Well, seems like you're prioritizing the right things. You'll be missed, but hopefully this allows you to come back refreshed and refocused. All the best.
    Aaron Webstey
  • Options
    Jennifer PostJennifer Post Member, Rooster Endurance Member, Level 2 Supporter
    When I got the Patreon email I was wondering if you had been hacked. Guess not. Wish you well and good luck with your new job. Hope the break will be exactly what you want and, for us, short. You will be missed.
    M_Ware
  • Options
    Typical AG triathlete "one and done" move.

No, in all seriousness, i hope TRS can keep up the good work and interviews going.
    Mattdesert dude
  • Options
    MattMatt Member, Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member
  • Options
    Craig_DCraig_D Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM
    Good luck Ben. Sometimes a change like this seems overwhelming. It can also be refreshing. Stop by and let us know how things are going. Your responsible for bringing this group of hooligans together. It's a pretty awesome group that I'm happy to be a part of. Thanks.
    Canadian Division
  • Options
    Kudos for what you've helped build and congrats on the new gig. Take care of yourself and the family, and enjoy the time away from the extras.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Options
    rangamelrangamel Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Hope you come back. Love the podcast but understand other priorities.
    Slightly mental triathlete who is allergic to the sun

• Options
    GrantInSLCGrantInSLC Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    Thank you for all the blood, sweat and beers that went in to the podcast...good luck with the new chapter in your life. Here is to hoping what you built will continue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Options
    KenElPescadoPeladoKenElPescadoPelado Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    TCB, Ben. You will be missed. Meanwhile, we'll keep working on our aim. Zing!
    Sometimes I tweet... Follow PescadoPelado
  • Options
    best of luck with your new position and enjoy the time away. you will be missed tremendously
  • Options
    You sent this notice out the day after I signed up for Patreon payments. Sorry guys, I think this was my fault :-\

I'll miss the show, but until your return, best of luck in work and life. Looking forward of the Inevitable Return of the Great White Dope.
    GasBomb
  • Options
    Great, triathlon is boring again! Thanks for the entertainment. Look forward to your return. Until then best of luck!
    GasBombTad_M

Fattest BQ on record--- *allegedly
    2016 (and last) Rev3 Cedar Point champ- don't google the time though
  • Options
    ellsworth53tellsworth53t Member, Rooster Endurance Member, POTM

Great, triathlon is boring again

The worst thing to happen to triathlon since aerobars and/or drugs.
    M_WareJennifer PostRobert RankinBrooks DoughtieGasBombJason LentzkeCraig_DAaron WebsteyGranpa ChookbalsdorfJames Langembrekk44KenElPescadoPeladoMattKelly O'MaraRirinetteHoltyTad_Mcafe_racer
  • Options
    Aaron WebsteyAaron Webstey Administrator, Rooster Endurance Member, Rooster Endurance Officers
    Just so nobody gets confused: I'll be sending out links to new website content via the TRS_Tri twitter account, through a 3rd party app (SocialPilot). I can not reply to your tweets or see DMs via this app.
    Ryan Heisler
    #KOAT
  • Options
    James LangeJames Lange Member, Rooster Endurance Member
    My thoughts are with all those poor souls who now have Mr. Hobbs as their new boss.
    PreachSwansonAaron WebsteyFastCat1107Brooks DoughtieCraig_DGasBomb

• Options
    Blow In
    Slower than you think....
  • Options
    Mattpatt said:

Blow In

Blow Out
    simonsen77doyoueventribroJennifer Post
  • Options
    Kelly O'MaraKelly O'Mara Member, Pro Triathlete
    Awwww
  • Options
    cccc Member
    Will miss it! Guess it's back to Babbittville. And, paying more attention to the election. Oh, this is really bad.
    PreachSwansonAaron WebsteyCraig_DJennifer PostTad_M
  • Options
    Are you going to work for Challenge North America?
    Brooks Doughtie
  • Options
    Decided to try another triathlon podcast to distract from the misery of my easy run. Now I'm even more depressed about Ben taking a break. It was just awful.
    Jennifer PostGasBombjakesaundersAaron WebsteyM_WareKenElPescadoPeladoJames LangedoyoueventribroTad_M

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file

The Roost

@ 2018 The Triathlon Roost, All rights reserved.

Contact us

webstey@triroost.com

Get In Touch